Gold Coast Suns - Is the Honeymoon over

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:
Been liked: 0

Gold Coast Suns - Is the Honeymoon over

Post by Dogs »

Hmmm, welcome to the Gold Coast AFL, if you aint winning you loose the interest. Try your best to stay on topic ladies

Year Games Total Average
2015 11 135,966 12,361
2014 11 177,017 16,092
2013 11 152,980 13,907
2012 11 150,100 13,645
2011 11 210,859 19,169

AFL crowds down 36% in 5 years, where will they be in another 2 year if Suns don't start winning. You have cream of the crop from the draft, advertising dollars being thrown everywhere and your number 1 player in the team. Yet things are massively on the slide.
NRLCrap1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

NRLCrap1 says: Crowds don't mean squat,
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Re: Gold Coast Suns - Is the Honeymoon over

Post by Dogs »

The_Wookie wrote:
You going to write the titans off too then i assume?
Straight onto the Titans hey, I am sure I ask everyone to stay on topic. I thought you of all people could managed that Wookie. Is the honeymon over for the Suns? It is a simple yes no question. Does the 36% decline in attendance concern the AFL fans when Crowds are all you talk about?

leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Dogs wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
Straight onto the Titans hey, I am sure I ask everyone to stay on topic. I thought you of all people could managed that Wookie. Is the honeymon over for the Suns? It is a simple yes no question. Does the 36% decline in attendance concern the AFL fans when Crowds are all you talk about?
if you want people to stay on topic read look at the three threads i started on the weekend!

the 36% is nothing to really worry about because ever since the addition of GWS & GCS the AFL is playing more games in Tasmania as well out of Darwin, Alice springs as well as Cairns, much smaller & regional cities! is the only real reason why the crowds are down, as well as traditional large clubs the Essendon's & Carltons are down on the bottom end of the ladder

the decline in the suns crowd wouldn't be a major concern, as they 3rd bottom of the ladder & in their short existence haven't really had much success to win support.
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

What a silly thread. I suggest you concern yourself more with your 4th go at expansion on the Gold Coast. What a disaster the Gold Coast has been for RL.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

The titans are a rabble and are still doing better than the suns, that's the fact.

The suns have everything given to them by the afl, you need to worry about nothing but winning, yet they can't even do that will all the gifts from afl house. If the Titans were run like that, they'd be still averaging well over 20k.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
The axe
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Melbourne fc

Post by The axe »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
The titans are a rabble and are still doing better than the suns, that's the fact.

The suns have everything given to them by the afl, you need to worry about nothing but winning, yet they can't even do that will all the gifts from afl house. If the Titans were run like that, they'd be still averaging well over 20k.
The Titans only exist due to the fact league HQ are prepared to shovel millions in to keep a failed business afloat, I'd be more concerned about clubs in so called rugby league heartland areas being unable to draw more than 7000 people to a game, that would seem to be a much greater area of concern to league sorts than the Suns.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

how so? they are are financial basket case that train at a high school, administration office of in a council building, debts of $35 million, who shut off stands to save money on game day! the crowds have gone from 21k down to 11k

as oppose to the Suns who haven't played finals & have a better crowds & memberships figures than the titans, in what is meant to be classed as League heart land :thumbleft:

give it a break eels, the Titans are a bigger basket case than the Suns by miles
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Worse performing team?????????? :(/ :(/ :(/ Despite all the millions that are poured into them they have won just 4 matches this year, 4 wins and 17 loses. The Titans 9 wins ,14 Loses. More than twice as many wins for the worse preforming team .
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote:
Worse performing team?????????? :(/ :(/ :(/ Despite all the millions that are poured into them they have won just 4 matches this year, 4 wins and 17 loses. The Titans 9 wins ,14 Loses. More than twice as many wins for the worse preforming team .
Yet the Suns have more members and better crowds and are not shutting down half the stadium to save on costs! They are not training out of a local school and do not have admin facilities at the council
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Dogs wrote:
Hmmm, welcome to the Gold Coast AFL, if you aint winning you loose the interest. Try your best to stay on topic ladies

Year Games Total Average
2015 11 135,966 12,361
2014 11 177,017 16,092
2013 11 152,980 13,907
2012 11 150,100 13,645
2011 11 210,859 19,169

AFL crowds down 36% in 5 years, where will they be in another 2 year if Suns don't start winning. You have cream of the crop from the draft, advertising dollars being thrown everywhere and your number 1 player in the team. Yet things are massively on the slide.
:lol: the gc thuns and afl on the Gold Coast!!! :lol:

They're like a surprise massive fairy floss provided for lunch at a corporate event. Sure, it'll receive a few nibbles and smiles from the easily excited douchebags. But those that keep on trying it will soon be unfulfilled by the novelty and realise they've been sold a dud (karmichael hunt and the lost pimply nosed boys club anyone? :lol: ) Those that continue trying to Consume the fluffy substanceless product in front of em will likely become physically ill.

MeMbers and guests I give you, the gold Coast suns!!!

:(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

The_Wookie wrote:
Dogs wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
Im farily sure, that I dont give a shit what you want as long as you put a standard on an AFl team that you arent prepared to put on an even worse performing team from the NRL in the same city.
oh sorry Wookie, did I hurt your feelings, I really care what you think :[] Even playing field, oh my fn god :drunk:

Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

The_Wookie wrote:
lol hurt my feelings. I dont give a shit what you write, and ill call you out for having a double standard every time i fucking want - because if I tried this shit, you fuckwits would be all over it.
Then dont get so defensive and abusive if your not upset.

Let talk about this as adults wooki. The facts are that gcs have a massive decline which if bigger than the titans in their first four year. The afl is doing everything possible to get gcs into the semis and failing miserably.
Yes I will agree with you that the nrl is also pumping money into titans. But the nrl isnt giving the titans an unfair advantages such as first selection at players, paying for players for marketing purposes, or doing anywhere near the junior development programs and tv advertisement as the AFL.

So let do apples with apples Wooki. Based upon the above, I really dont think you anything to have a hissy fit about double standards. If you want to talk about declines with the Titans which we have a million time, open your own thread and stay in topic.

is the honeymoon over or not wooki?

Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Now that is a much more like the Wookie I am used to seeing, a constructive on topic response.

5 is next year, if the interest continues to decline at the same level,, the AFL will need much more money then I think they would have budgeted for. Given they are also propping up the GWS, it will be interesting to see how long this experimental growth opportunity continues. I have now doubt, AFL will not pull out in a hurry, but the one thing I have always given credit to the AFL for is the way they run the league like a business. If there is no ROI in 5 years and they are seeing decline rather then growth, then it will be interesting to see how they manage this one. Hence my question is the honeymoon over.

leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

LOL
The Titans have stuff all fans & that base is falling a lot faster then the Suns!
The Titans have played finals the Suns have been an onfield basket case

Fact
Keep living in denial!
Last edited by leagueiscrap on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

The_Wookie wrote:
Dogs wrote:
Now that is a much more like the Wookie I am used to seeing, a constructive on topic response.

5 is next year, if the interest continues to decline at the same level,, the AFL will need much more money then I think they would have budgeted for. Given they are also propping up the GWS, it will be interesting to see how long this experimental growth opportunity continues. I have now doubt, AFL will not pull out in a hurry, but the one thing I have always given credit to the AFL for is the way they run the league like a business. If there is no ROI in 5 years and they are seeing decline rather then growth, then it will be interesting to see how they manage this one. Hence my question is the honeymoon over.
Gold Coast isnt far off being comparable with some of the established sides (North/Saints/Dogs) in terms of AFL monetary input - the difference last year was about 2 million, and with increases from 2017 in the club dividends that come with the media rights, they may well not need more than these clubs at all.

GWS is however another story, its a long way off profitability. Will be interesting to see their position at the end of 2016.
One of the main reasons why those afl clubs mentioned receive the extra money from the afl is the poor stadium deal that they receive at Etihad
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys