AFL/NRL Tipping Competitions in 2012

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Aceup1111
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL/NRL Tipping Competitions in 2012

Post by Aceup1111 »

Thanks Beaussie. I will enjoy your site this footy season. Im sure you will understand why I try and refrain from posting too many posts. I really don't want my words to offend anyone, in turn, I don't want to be offended by anyone elses comments.

As you would want it, I would hope that this is always a happy site, with good things to say.

Thank you for your welcoming.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Aceup1111 wrote:
Thanks Beaussie. I will enjoy your site this footy season. Im sure you will understand why I try and refrain from posting too many posts. I really don't want my words to offend anyone, in turn, I don't want to be offended by anyone elses comments.

As you would want it, I would hope that this is always a happy site, with good things to say.

Thank you for your welcoming.
All good mate. :cool:

I suggest however that you steer clear of the Fight Club in light of what you've said. :lol:

Good luck with your tipping in 2012. Hoping to have things up and running by the weekend.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Aceup1111 wrote:
I might be one of those "Token Tippers", as you out it. I played last year, yes. I hadn't seen the sight before this. Personally I don't like writing in forums much. I would rather keep my opinions to myself and my comments on other peoples opinions to myself also. However I did enjoy reading the many different posts last year. I like the footy talk and what people have to say about more so the con traversal issues in footy. You don't have to talk bulls _ _ _ all day long to enjoy a forum. What's the point in making posts if you'd prefer not to? Why can't a person be entertained by the general reading only?

I would have thought the idea of having the tipping comp would be to draw more awareness and more member to this forum.

I don't know too much about who's running the show and I don't really need to know. It looks like Beaussie has a big hand in thing though. So in short, if you's would prefer me to f_ _ _ off and leave your site and your tipping comp all to yourselves, I will be quite happy too. I would say if you would opt for this, then your opinions, comments and general talk about footy really aren't worth reading anyway.

In short, I'm not chasing your prize. The tipping competition component is just a bit of fun that lured me to your site to read your comments, which so far I have enjoyed.

So it's up to you. If the support is overwhelming for me to leave, no problem.

Please leave your comments directly in my mail box so I don't miss a thing.

Regardless, I hope you all enjoy the footy season.

Cheers
Aceup, thanks for explaining you point of view here. Interesting and fair points indeed. I was one who gave you and fellows like you a bit of a serve last year for not posting but since you have explained yourself I can understand. I hope you can understand my address of those who do not post yet enter the competition though, as its my belief the forum is what promotes this place, allowing beaussie to gain potential advertising interest etc. So I could not help view those not contributing and joining the comp as kinda like freeloaders. If you're reading the site regularly and dont feel like posting that's your choice and fair enough. Goodluck in tippin, but I hope I beat you :wink:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

When's the tipping kicking off?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

kaskill wrote:
When's the tipping kicking off?
Hoping very, very soon. This week is the hope. [-o<

We have the creator of the tipping competitions on board and they are working on it as much as possible in the hope it will be ready this week sometime. As you've probably already noticed the competitions are in place. Only a few issues left to be ironed out (eg: scoring, bonus points, match of the round) before it's all systems go.

I'm personally not a fan of predicting the scores for all games (particularly in the AFL) as the competitions are currently set, so work is being undertaken to allow just the tipping of winners with perhaps one game a week requiring a predicted score (ie: match of the round). This is all new based on the forums being updated recently and new tipping competitions being required in order to function properly. Your patience with this process is much appreciated.

Tight deadline I appreciate for the NRL starting on March 1 and Super Rugby starting this week (was going to use Super Rugby to see how it works - no prizes, just testing). Fingers crossed all goes well and the NRL Tipping Competition can kick off this week with the AFL to follow.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by MarkZZZ »

I have no liking or dislike for the bonus point. Other tipping competions have a pick the margin on the Match Of The Round (MOTR). I don't know how easy that is to set up but could be worth a look if people are looking at alternatives. I don't think I picked one round completely correct last year but would be happy if that was introduced. Good tipping everyone, the NRL comp starts in about 9 days.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Cheers for the feedback MarkZZZ. I've have asked the tipping competitions creator about the bonus point option for correcetly tipping all games correctly in any given round. He is working at the moment on adding the bonus point option for the match of the round. Not sure at this point in time how complex it would be to add a bonus point for all correct tips in any given round. Will keep you posted.

Just an update, the tipping competitions will open today. Terms and conditions of entry will be added shortly.

Can we get some members to join up the Super Rugby competition to test it out before the NRL kicks off next week. Bonus point game is as mentioned above still being worked on, but fingers crossed should be ready very soon.

Best of luck to all tippers.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Tipping competitions are now open for the AFL, NRL and Super Rugby. Unlike the AFL and NRL tipping competitions, the Super Rugby tipping competition will not involve prizes due to the late start (season begins tonight). Apologies to Super Rugby fans for the late start.

Please note, for those who had already entered tips prior to this message, could you please check your tips and edit them if necessary, as there has been an update to the scoring system to include the awarding of a bonus point through the addition of a bonus point game / match of the round. Work is also underway to include a bonus point for all correct tips in any given round.

Enjoy and good luck to all participants.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

NRL Tipping Competition begins tonight. Good luck to all participants. For those yet to join, register or login and enter your tips today.
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie
Team: hawthorn+ south sydney

Post by vandyk »

great another year of nrl tipping and i still cant tip for shit
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

vandyk wrote:
great another year of nrl tipping and i still cant tip for ****
Hahaha, I hear ya.

That said, it is only Round 1. Plenty of time for improvement. :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Getting close to Round 1 in the AFL. If you haven't already put your tips in, now is the time. Not long now with the first game on Saturday night.

Good luck everyone.
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vandyk »

what a magnificent opening round of tha afl
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie I'm not sure where to view my tips after the games have been completed? It seems there is no function to look back on the tips you chose and the ones you got right or wrong...?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vandyk »

makes no difference to me as im tipping so badly i dont want to view my tips