Site Banner

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Site Banner

Post by Yamirra19 »

Why is Melbourne Storm representing NRL in the Banner when they are not even a foundation club :( I am sorry I dont like it they have only been around five minutes the graplers

Should be a foundation club IMO like Bunnies or Tigers etc
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

The same question could be asked about Sydney Swans :wink:
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

I prefer Greg Inglis to be up there, hes one hot man :P
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

Geez Yamirra, what a petty little gripe that is. lol.

Perhaps see at as a representation of the growth of the sport into AFL heartland. I for one new little about NRL until the Storm arrived, I am growing to like it more each time I watch. As for the Swans, many down here (including Seven of my uncles and aunties, still consider them Sth Melbourne, one of our gereatest clubs.)

:D
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Yamirra19 »

I dont like it never will Inglis wears the wrong colours how about Merrit or Campbell they are more deserving IMO :)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Inglis, as dogsact alludes to, was picked as he represents an expansion club for the NRL and is hopefully someone the many Victorians on this site would recognise. He's also a great player. :wink:

Just out of curiousity, did this thread have anything to do with your beloved Bunnies going down to the Storm on the weekend? :|
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

dogsact wrote:
Geez Yamirra, what a petty little gripe that is. lol.

Perhaps see at as a representation of the growth of the sport into AFL heartland. I for one new little about NRL until the Storm arrived, I am growing to like it more each time I watch. As for the Swans, many down here (including Seven of my uncles and aunties, still consider them Sth Melbourne, one of our gereatest clubs.)

:D
I know ppl from Melbourne who think the same about the Swans, always has and always will be South Melbourne.

and I do agree with you on the Melbourne perspective..its a good way of looking at it..

Also Merritt and Campbell are nothing to look at, Inglis is better..
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Yamirra19 »

I am not a fan of Inglis sorry he is a NSW boy representing QLD he can move there for all I care grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Go NSW
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

lol .... Inglis is fine .... so fine so to speak :P
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

Speaking of Inglis (his apparent good looks aside), I had a long discussion with a mate on whether if you took someone of Inglis's ability, spent a year teaching him the basics etc of Aussie Rules, could he be converted into a top line AFL player. I contended that with his speed, height, and natural athleticism it would not take too long at all. I believe it could be done. So Greg, if you wanna change, come to the Bombers and we will train you up! lol :twisted:
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

Yamirra19 wrote:
I am not a fan of Inglis sorry he is a NSW boy representing QLD he can move there for all I care grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Go NSW
At least he gets a game there...
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

yeenar69 wrote:
lol .... Inglis is fine .... so fine so to speak :P
Met the guy at Melbourne airport once, well actually flew to Melbourne with the team, and I have to admit he is one of the nicest guys...and hes good looking, I practically floated to my bus wishing I was at least 15 yrs younger...
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

dogsact wrote:
Speaking of Inglis (his apparent good looks aside), I had a long discussion with a mate on whether if you took someone of Inglis's ability, spent a year teaching him the basics etc of Aussie Rules, could he be converted into a top line AFL player. I contended that with his speed, height, and natural athleticism it would not take too long at all. I believe it could be done. So Greg, if you wanna change, come to the Bombers and we will train you up! lol :twisted:
Come to the Sunny West... :P
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Yamirra19 »

I hate storm they are grapplers grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dont deserve to be in the banner never liked them never will my most hated team in the comp would support Dogs before I would storm :)
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

Yamirra19 wrote:
I hate storm they are grapplers grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dont deserve to be in the banner never liked them never will my most hated team in the comp would support Dogs before I would storm :)

Hmmm, I heard songs like this from the Vic AFL clubs over the last eight years, when it became apparent the new interstate sides were becomng forces. Same shoe different foot, now the storm are contenders again, NSW supporters hate them. :lol: Not the Storms fault they have recruited well, and got the most out of players that the other teams have not rated.