2018 - NRL - Rugby League TV Ratings

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2018 - Rugby League TV Ratings - NRL etc

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:23 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:37 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:27 am
He's falling back on the same old argument
One narrow comparison because that's all his sport has ( lol AFLW is irelevent when it comes to ratings)

We are multi layered
We aren't a one trick pony.
& because that's all Aflol is ..then that's all he looks at .
If game v game under similar conditions isnt a reasonable comparison what the hell is?? :hmm:
Oh dear.......it's gonna be a long year!!!!! Around ya go pal!!! Stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke!!!!!!
no one is forcing you to look Terry. If you're not interested in comparing the ratings dont read the thread
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:02 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:37 pm
If game v game under similar conditions isnt a reasonable comparison what the hell is?? :hmm:
Oh dear.......it's gonna be a long year!!!!! Around ya go pal!!! Stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke!!!!!!
no one is forcing you to look Terry. If you're not interested in comparing the ratings dont read the thread
That exact same figure of 300k was put out for regionals on the main channel this morning. At that time Gem figures were not known.

You don't want to include ratings for all NRL teams . And now you don't want to include regionals for Gem [-( ....enjoy that silver :cheers:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:44 pm

That exact same figure of 300k was put out for regionals on the main channel this morning. At that time Gem figures were not known.

You don't want to include ratings for all NRL teams . And now you don't want to include regionals for Gem [-( ....enjoy that silver :cheers:
wow, arent we getting desperate now! :lol: You're bleating about NRL regionals for AFL states!! It'd be completely cancelled out by the 21k AFL fans at Etihad stadium that coundnt watch the TV
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:52 pm

wow, arent we getting desperate now! :lol: You're bleating about NRL regionals for AFL states!! It'd be completely cancelled out by the 21k AFL fans at Etihad stadium that coundnt watch the TV
21k at Edithad :(/ or the 5 or 600 k in pubs and clubs. :rock:
Last edited by pussycat on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:32 pm

21k at Edithad :(/ or 2 or 300 k in pubs and clubs.
oh my, the desperation is laughable. You're losing again in the ratings so you're inventing viewers that arent counted.

If you're going to make shit up why even bother?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:37 pm

oh my, the desperation is laughable. You're losing again in the ratings so you're inventing viewers that arent counted.

The hypocrisy is astounding? ..... Genuine Ratings and for some reason you don't want to count them. [-( Your quiet happy to count your 7mate regionals but for some reason want to ignore our gem regionals :-k

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:28 pm

The hypocrisy is astounding? ..... Genuine Ratings and for some reason you don't want to count them. [-( Your quiet happy to count your 7mate regionals but for some reason want to ignore our gem regionals :-k
firstly, how do you know the vic/sa/wa regionals werent included given they could be another affiliate network, not gem? The original numbers said the only missing markets were the metros.

Furthermore, the NRL ratings for AFL state metros didnt even reach 30k so the regionals wouldnt even be 10k. You were nearly 80k behind so it makes no difference.

Also, the "genuine" ratings were already counted. You're the one making assumptions that the gem regionals are missing
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:42 pm

firstly, how do you know the vic/sa/wa regionals werent included given they could be another affiliate network, not gem? The original numbers said the only missing markets were the metros.

Furthermore, the NRL ratings for AFL state metros didnt even reach 30k so the regionals wouldnt even be 10k. You were nearly 80k behind so it makes no difference.

Also, the "genuine" ratings were already counted. You're the one making assumptions that the gem regionals are missing
I've gotta give it to ya pal......you're at least hanging in when all ya mates have taken to the jungle to avoid this years annual ratings flogging. Well done my friend.......you wouldn't wanna be in the trenches with a fumbler that's for sure.

Now, before you get back into the goldfish bowl how about we see how this weeks ratings pan out after full rounds in both codes. Rather than rave on with your mad theories lets just see what the raw numbers give us. Seems sensible to me.

Be a good boy, put yaself back in ya box, and we'll discuss this like adults on Monday. Well.......at least one of us will lololololololololololol!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

what exactly does a full round's rating prove Terry when both codes have dramatically different schedules?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:42 pm

I take your point, they may have already been included. Regional tam does them separately but they may have been lumped together.

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:47 am
what exactly does a full round's rating prove Terry when both codes have dramatically different schedules?

A round gives you an indication of what you can expect for the season the more rounds the more accurate.

you may choose not to play your bottom teams in some timeslots . but they've all got to be played at some time during a round

Our games might be different but both organiser are trying to get as many ratings as they possibly can cheers:

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Jesus h
Round & round
The different. Schedule argument .
& as usual when you show the positives of the afl scheduling ..it will be ignored .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Hahahahaha, "what exactly does a full rounds ratings prove"!!!!!! You fair dinkum just gotta laugh at this lunacy lololololololololol. How many laps around the goldfish bowl are we gonna take this year?????? Incredible!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:57 am
A round gives you an indication of what you can expect for the season the more rounds the more accurate.
this is where we disagree. You simply cannot compare the popularity of both codes when the scheduling conditions for each round are so different. Adding all those rounds together just magnifies the differences. Yesterday is a classic example. The AFL had 4 games, or 12 hours of play, in just 6 hours. So basically 4 games where each fan can only watch 2 whether they have payTV or not.
you may choose not to play your bottom teams in some timeslots . but they've all got to be played at some time during a round
which is why I'm using a ladder factor to determine which code plays their more successful clubs in these comparable games more regularly. To suggest the NRL dont target these FTA games with their better and more popular teams is simply incorrect. In fact the AFL usually target their Melbourne clubs on FN and allow their Perth teams to play on Sunday. This is necessary due to the 3 hour time difference between the states. If we followed the NRL's schedule we'd play the Eagles v Melbourne team almost every week on FN and cash in on the 2 market audiences
Our games might be different but both organiser are trying to get as many ratings as they possibly can

of course. However, the schedule isnt only about ratings, it's about allowing fans to attend and watch the games at convenient times since the 'owners' of the game, and the codes control their schedules. The AFL prefer to play most of their games concurrently because it is more convenient for their fans than 27 hours of AFL being played in isolation over 2 and a half days. This would mean games would need to be played prior to midday, or very late at night, or on Sunday. For the networks it may be all about ratings, but not for the competitions
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

You're start to sound like the great waffling Fred who is currently holding out in the jungle with the other fumblers who have sensibly jumped off the sinking ship lolololololololololol.

Rather than rave on with mad hatter theories on I suggest you check out the Fox ratings for the fumbling games yesterday. Ugly, ugly, ugly!!!!!!!!!