2018 - NRL - Rugby League TV Ratings

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: 2018 - Rugby League TV Ratings - NRL etc

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:07 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:46 am
NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:30 am
Well for starters based on averages the 5-8 concurrent games on fox would average around 100k more per game. Thats 500k-800k extra a round
ok so 500 - 800k per round>>
but now take into account> the home market games>>

as now you only have 3 FTA games per week> which is 6 teams>>

or other teams will have to watch on fox>>

see when you break it down or does not seem so good after all.
See thats where the codes arent comparable. You have 15 clubs in 3 states, and 9 are in NSW. You could show all 4 non NSW clubs in 3 fta games, plus 2 NSW clubs.

We have 8 non-vic clubs, so at best we wouldnt be showing 2 of those plus every vic team on fta at all.

To be comparable our 3 fta games would be relevant to each market ie each state sees a differwnt fta game. This is basically what happens now

That just more bullshit excuses , both codes have there matches but our ratings attract more ratings. RUGBY LEAGUE MATCHES ATTRACT MORE RATINGS THAN AFL MATCHES!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Based on what? We both know our games almost always win direct comparisons. So which of your games rate more?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:20 pm
Based on what? We both know our games almost always win direct comparisons. So which of your games rate more?

You just got through bragging about your PTV games and how they rate well when shown in isolation . True or not, there below ours.

Even with extra FTA and PTV your Sunday ratings are usually no better than ours.

Your Saturday night game, even with extra FTA is very rarely as good as our Thursday night s

Our rep games blow your best games out of the water.

But the main thing, the thing that should give it away - it should be a dead set giveaway even to you. is our number at the end of the season is always bigger than your number.

And Rugby league achieves all of that with less FTA and less PTV!

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:24 pm
You just got through bragging about your PTV games and how they rate well when shown in isolation . True or not, there below ours.
What are you on about. The two STV games shown in isolation we discussed were Saturday afternoon games. 1 rated worse than yours (and started 2 hours earlier) and 1 rated better than yours. Add to that they were on FTA which reduces the fox ratings
Even with extra FTA and PTV your Sunday ratings are usually no better than ours.
This is complete BS. Sunday isnt comparable because our 3 games all overlap. That's the fukin point #-o
Your Saturday night game, even with extra FTA is very rarely as good as our Thursday night s
again complete BS because our Saturday night games overlap. That's the fukin point #-o
Our rep games blow your best games out of the water.
which compares to what exactly? It's like us saying our womans comp smashes yours which proves AFL is more popular, when you dont have a womans comp on TV :roll:
But the main thing, the thing that should give it away - it should be a dead set giveaway even to you. is our number at the end of the season is always bigger than your number.
which is exactly why we are having this debate. You say totals matter, I say they dont because you have no concurrent games and about 50% of our are concurrent. When they arent we almost always win
And Rugby league achieves all of that with less FTA and less PTV!
The number of FTA games is now very comparable except for our smaller markets. This excludes the fact Perth and Adelaide get some games on delay and Perth gets FN on 7mate
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Your off with the fairy as usual.

1. Your earlier game , despite being a draw was just 2k better than ours. Your second game was 50-60K' below ours. Your excuses are so fuking pathetic.

2. blah blah blah

3. If one FTA game is shown in WA/NSW/Qld and the other in just Vic/SA than how do they overlap :hmm:

4. I don't know? How is it rugby League fault that the best the AFL can do is a home and competition . They do have quiet a few more matches. And rep matches do have a sizeable effect on our club scene. What do you tell yourself there I wonder????????????????????????????

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I still think the AFL schedule is a better mix
for tv ratings, crowds & fans of the game>

the NRL having 5 exclusive games on Fox hurts the fans and viewership
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:30 pm
Your off with the fairy as usual.

1. Your earlier game , despite being a draw was just 2k better than ours. Your second game was 50-60K' below ours. Your excuses are so fuking pathetic.

2. blah blah blah

3. If one FTA game is shown in WA/NSW/Qld and the other in just Vic/SA than how do they overlap :hmm:

4. I don't know? How is it rugby League fault that the best the AFL can do is a home and competition . They do have quiet a few more matches. And rep matches do have a sizeable effect on our club scene. What do you tell yourself there I wonder????????????????????????????
1. our draw was earlier in the afternoon which rates worse. However, it goes to show that when shown in isolation our fox ratings are far better, which is something you still struggle to admit even in the face of overwhelming evidence

2. :drunk:

3. err, by being on TV at the same time??? :hmm:

4. Yes RL SOO is popular, but it makes up less than 1.5% of your matches. If you want to hang your hat on 1.5% of your product go ahead.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:33 pm
I still think the AFL schedule is a better mix
for tv ratings, crowds & fans of the game>

the NRL having 5 exclusive games on Fox hurts the fans and viewership
it's a good schedule for fans to watch their team, but it's misleading when using cumulative figures, or ratings averages if you don't account for concurrent games. Pussycat wont admit it but the figures show concurrent games rate far less
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

3. err, by being on TV at the same time??? :hmm: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? You have just 1 FTA game. And the two half games don't overlap at all.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:24 am
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? You have just 1 FTA game. And the two half games don't overlap at all.
Which games are you talking about?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Plead ignorant a as usual . It was only 3 or 4 posts back and you went to the time and effort to quote me.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:06 am
Plead ignorant a as usual . It was only 3 or 4 posts back and you went to the time and effort to quote me.
well you keep on jumping around. You said " If one FTA game is shown in WA/NSW/Qld and the other in just Vic/SA than how do they overlap" so I thought we were talking about Saturday evening games which clearly overlap
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

But, But, But, But

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

But, But, But, But. more of the usual.

Nobody doubts your PTV rates . But only Friday night or when other major tv games are being played ie. when your best teams are playing.

You give way to much credence to overlap. As far as I can see there's been 5 PTV matches on Saturdays without any overlap and there average is not a whole lot better.