2018 - NRL - Rugby League TV Ratings

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2018 - Rugby League TV Ratings - NRL etc

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:16 pm
Given the difference between the shows that are shown on the Main channel and those shown secondary channel what would you expert?

I'm sure I read Perth's highest AFL's ratings came on 7mate, even though Perth is often shown on the main channel many times.
I remember the AFL getting the highest ratings of any program on 7 mate in Perth. I highly doubt it rated above ch7

Now answer the question about the AFLs stv ratings yesterday afternoon
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Your bottom teams don't rate regardless of your excuses. And it was shown again Sunday. Only a third of the Lions game was shown in overlap yet just 77k.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:21 am
Your bottom teams don't rate regardless of your excuses. And it was shown again Sunday. Only a third of the Lions game was shown in overlap yet just 77k.
Wrong. The game started at half time of the first game, which still rated 235k despite overlap and on fta

Now answer the question
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Either the AFL's broadcast guide is wrong or your wrong, i'm confident it's the latter.

The Lions game started at 4.00 and was the final game of the day. Hawthorn started at 2.30 .Meaning almost 2/3 of the Lions game was shown in complete isolation. But, once again, no interest or Just 80k worth. :(/ :(/ :(/

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

I make it 3.85m for the round.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:33 pm
Either the AFL's broadcast guide is wrong or your wrong, i'm confident it's the latter.

The Lions game started at 4.00 and was the final game of the day. Hawthorn started at 2.30 .Meaning almost 2/3 of the Lions game was shown in complete isolation. But, once again, no interest or Just 80k worth. :(/ :(/ :(/
You're wrong, as usual
http://www.afl.com.au/tv-radio/broadcastguide

Nth v Hawks, like every other Sunday mid-arvo game, started at 3.20pm so it could lead into the news. It finished right on 6pm. The Lions v Suns game started at 4.45pm and half time started at ~5.55pm (~31 mins Q1, ~6 min break, ~31 mins Q2).

Yes the suns v Lions ratings are ordinary, but it overlapped a more interesting game plus the news.

You are quite correct that our bottom few teams dont rate that well, but that's hardly surprising. The AFL have 4 expansion teams in NRL markets, the NRL only have 1 in an AFL market. The new AFL expansion teams are our 17th and 18th teams. Our 1-16th teams are still as popular as they have always been.

Imagine if the NRL put a new second side into Melbourne and a new team into Perth. If these teams were performing poorly over a long period of time do you think their ratings would be any better? Do you think this extra game with expansion sides makes your existing 16 clubs less popular on TV? Of course not! They're an extra game on top of your existing popular product. Picking on the 9th game as less popular in comparison is idiotic
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

ok, since you're too gutless to answer my question I'll answer it for you with figures.

The average STV ratings for AFL games shown in isolation this year is 230k. The average STV ratings for concurrent games is only 136k. The two AFL games shown in isolation on the saturday afternoon just gone rated an average of 206k.

This proves beyond any doubt that games shown concurrently does not increase ratings, it significantly reduces ratings on average because the total audience is split.

Therefore, even though both comps have similar number of games per season, the cumulative ratings are not comparable because the AFL schedules mostly concurrent games, and the NRL schedules NONE
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:33 pm
pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:33 pm

You're wrong, as usual
http://www.afl.com.au/tv-radio/broadcastguide

Nth v Hawks, like every other Sunday mid-arvo game, started at 3.20pm so it could lead into the news. It finished right on 6pm. The Lions v Suns game started at 4.45pm and half time started at ~5.55pm (~31 mins Q1, ~6 min break, ~31 mins Q2).

Yes the suns v Lions ratings are ordinary, but it overlapped a more interesting game plus the news.

You are quite correct that our bottom few teams dont rate that well, but that's hardly surprising. The AFL have 4 expansion teams in NRL markets, the NRL only have 1 in an AFL market. The new AFL expansion teams are our 17th and 18th teams. Our 1-16th teams are still as popular as they have always been.

Imagine if the NRL put a new second side into Melbourne and a new team into Perth. If these teams were performing poorly over a long period of time do you think their ratings would be any better? Do you think this extra game with expansion sides makes your existing 16 clubs less popular on TV? Of course not! They're an extra game on top of your existing popular product. Picking on the 9th game as less popular in comparison is idiotic
Only 2 teams????? what about Freemantle. and there's another banned team. There whinging about St Kilda, and Hawthorne is not doing much better. And the Moment they stop giving GWS a 10m hand out they will be another run-of the-mill team. Then you will only have to play 10 teams on a Friday night. Maybe you can build a comp around that - think of it 'THE FRIDAY NIGHT COMP'. Your own competition. You could call it the 'LOL's Cup' :wink:

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Your post is pure fantasy based on nothing more than your ignorance. Every team rates well when they have form. Thats why the schedule is based on the ladder the year before. The giants have friday night games yet compared to alnost all other afl sides they have a small following. They rate well because neutral fans want to watch them play.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

ok lets get past the overlapping of games,

and lets look at if the AFL had the NRL side of scheduling
and would they get more ratings than the NRL>>

SO AFL have 3 FTA games per week
and 5 exclusive FOX games per week.

how much do you recan the AFL would pick up now>
compared to overlapping of "some games' and games televised into home markets ???
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Well for starters based on averages the 5-8 concurrent games on fox would average around 100k more per game. Thats 500k-800k extra a round
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:30 am
Well for starters based on averages the 5-8 concurrent games on fox would average around 100k more per game. Thats 500k-800k extra a round
ok so 500 - 800k per round>>
but now take into account> the home market games>>

as now you only have 3 FTA games per week> which is 6 teams>>

or other teams will have to watch on fox>>

see when you break it down or does not seem so good after all.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:46 am
ok so 500 - 800k per round>>
but now take into account> the home market games>>

as now you only have 3 FTA games per week> which is 6 teams>>

or other teams will have to watch on fox>>

see when you break it down or does not seem so good after all.
See thats where the codes arent comparable. You have 15 clubs in 3 states, and 9 are in NSW. You could show all 4 non NSW clubs in 3 fta games, plus 2 NSW clubs.

We have 8 non-vic clubs, so at best we wouldnt be showing 2 of those plus every vic team on fta at all.

To be comparable our 3 fta games would be relevant to each market ie each state sees a differwnt fta game. This is basically what happens now
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Nurse!

Get a bit fair dinkum. There is no way Freemantle would have got anywhere near another 100k on Saturday. And not many more people would have watched the other game either because nearly all were already .

You overplay this overlap stuff to such an extent its hilarious
Last edited by pussycat on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:11 am
Nurse!
So youre disagreeing with the averages seen for concurrent and isolated games this year?