2018 - NRL - Rugby League TV Ratings

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2018 - Rugby League TV Ratings - NRL etc

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:01 am
But, But, But, But. more of the usual.

Nobody doubts your PTV rates . But only Friday night or when other major tv games are being played ie. when your best teams are playing.

You give way to much credence to overlap. As far as I can see there's been 5 PTV matches on Saturdays without any overlap and there average is not a whole lot better.
what are you basing your opinion on? The reason our stand alone games rate well on STV is because they dont compete with another game. The reason the other games rate far less is they compete with another game. The averages dont lie.

Of our Saturday games shown in isolation the lowest rating games are in the mid 100's, which is similar to your lower rating stv games. The higher games are close to 250, which again is similar to your games.

If you have examples that refute this then post them. Otherwise deal with it
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

I am basing my opinion on the average of the 5 games which have been played without overlap and on a Saturday. Making its a fact not an opinion. That's right averages don't lie. Not unless you cherry pick through them.

As I said, even when shown without overlap your numbers are well down on our Saturday Ptv numbers.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:11 pm
I am basing my opinion on the average of the 5 games which have been played without overlap and on a Saturday. Making its a fact not an opinion. That's right averages don't lie. Not unless you cherry pick through them.

As I said, even when shown without overlap your numbers are well down on our Saturday Ptv numbers.
well Im basing my figures on the averages of ALL concurrent games, which was around 130k, compared to ALL isolated games, which was around 230k.

Given these 5 games were day games, the average concurrent ratings for day games is even lower than 130k. So the 5 day games were well above the average
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

LOL , You asked me how Rugby League Accumulates more ratings each year . I told you and I've shown you hundreds, probably thousands of times. So lets no go round in your bubble.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 am
LOL , You asked me how Rugby League Accumulates more ratings each year . I told you and I've shown you hundreds, probably thousands of times. So lets no go round in your bubble.
Ive just shown you why. We miss out on an average of 100k stv ratings per game when they are shown concurrently. Add that up per round then per season and its basically the difference

Of course youll ignore this despite the clear evidence
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 am
Ive just shown you why. We miss out on an average of 100k stv ratings per game when they are shown concurrently. Add that up per round then per season and its basically the difference

Cleary evidence - presented by you :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

By the way your missing an apostrophe for ' yoll' And 'ive' and are missing full stops at the end of your sentences. Your butchering the English language pick up your game :cheers:

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Yes, but you go pass the fact, that these games are shown into home states live on FTA

something the NRL does not get with its 5 exclusive games on FOX>
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

pussycat wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am

Cleary evidence - presented by you :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

By the way your missing an apostrophe for ' yoll' And 'ive' and your missing full stops at the end of your sentences. Your butchering the English language pick up your game :cheers:

leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

lets look at it at a different angle shall we...

AFL
2 games shown at the same time at 7:30pm on Saturday night>

Crows v Port> shown live into SA on FTA 200k shown on fox around Australia 140k
Fremantle v hawthorn > shown live into WA on FTA 145k shown live into Melb 215k
shown on fox around Australia 180k

NRL

Sharks v Roosters
1 game shown live exclusive on FOX 280k

so by sums this would be AFL 2 games with fox and FTA combined = 880 divied by 2 = 440k

this works out better for the AFL !!! do the MATH
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 am

Yes, but you go pass the fact, that these games are shown into home states live on FTA

something the NRL does not get with its 5 exclusive games on FOX>
Again, the NRL only has 2 major heartland markets and only 4 Australian clubs outside NSW. They can accomodate these markets within their existing FTA games.

The AFL is too spread out so we cannot. The only way to get parity is seperate games into each market
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am

By the way your missing an apostrophe for ' yoll' And 'ive' and are missing full stops at the end of your sentences. Your butchering the English language pick up your game :cheers:
If you disagree with the figures ive provided then prove them wrong.

Also, im on my phone. Im not going to include apostrophes and full stops
Last edited by NlolRL on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 am

AFL

NRL

Sharks v Roosters

so by sums this would be AFL 2 games with fox and FTA combined = 880 divied by 2 = 440k

Say what?

Why are you comparing Saturday night only when the AFL have fox and FTA and the NRL has only fox? The NRL have their 'equivalent' prime time FTA game on Thursday night.

So if we add the ratings from the NRL's Thursday (700k FTA, 250k fox) and Saturday (280 fox) games you get 1.23m. Therefore 615k per game

If we add the AFL's FTA games on saturday night (assuming Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne sides involved) to best you get 150k Perth, 150k Adelaide, 310k Melbourne, 40k SYD/Bris, 150k regionals = 800k, plus 100k and 230k foxtel = a total of 1130k or 565k per game.

Targeted games obviously helps but the drop in fox ratings hurts big time, especially when the NRL can do the same thing by showing the Broncos or Titan on Thursday night and getting huge Brisbane ratings
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

AFL

NRL

Sharks v Roosters

They don't even get that many. Most of there games only have 1or so hours of overlap. Some not even that. a game the other week only overlapped for just 10 or 15m. That's going to have next to no effect, And lets face it, no one wants to watch the Lions whether there overlapping or not. Nearly everybody, bar there home fans will be watching Richmond on the other channel . having two channel allows both sets of supporters to watch whatever game they like. You just loose out on some of the neutral viewers, though the Suns wouldn't of had to many of those in the first place.
And who has the time to be watching 10 hours of football on a Saturday any rate? More likely 2 or 3 games just like the NRL.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Rubbish

Saturday normally has a game starting at 1.30pm and finish 4.30pm. Another game at 3.00pm and finishing 6pm. Another game at 4.30pm and finishing at 7.30pm. Then 2 games starting arpubd 7.30.

3 games have full overlap with another game, while 2 have 1/4 to 1/2 overlap
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:00 pm

AFL

NRL

Sharks v Roosters

Say what?

Why are you comparing Saturday night only when the AFL have fox and FTA and the NRL has only fox? The NRL have their 'equivalent' prime time FTA game on Thursday night.

So if we add the ratings from the NRL's Thursday (700k FTA, 250k fox) and Saturday (280 fox) games you get 1.23m. Therefore 615k per game

If we add the AFL's FTA games on saturday night (assuming Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne sides involved) to best you get 150k Perth, 150k Adelaide, 310k Melbourne, 40k SYD/Bris, 150k regionals = 800k, plus 100k and 230k foxtel = a total of 1130k or 565k per game.

Targeted games obviously helps but the drop in fox ratings hurts big time, especially when the NRL can do the same thing by showing the Broncos or Titan on Thursday night and getting huge Brisbane ratings

all i was quoting was a saturday night fixture head to head>
with 1 x NRL game
and 2 AFL games played at the same time>>

but the NRL does not do this > as the bronx have only 16 FTA games and 9 Exclusive Fox games..

in an ideal world > the NRL would have all games on FTA maximising every game
but this is not the case>>

AFL has games at same time (yes which is a disadvantge) though it helps alot when the game
is broadcast into some FTA markets offsetting the loss.

where NRL has 5 exclusive Fox games

(if the AFL didnt have the games on FTA at the same time, i would be saying its a huge disadvantage..)
you win some you lose some> its a good setup>>

AFL=Genuis