Sebastians' Claim

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Sebastians' Claim

Post by Scorger Man »

"How can anything in Melbourne be of secondary priority? Melbourne is your sporting city. Sydney's not your sporting city. Sydney is just where you had your [Olympic] Games. Melbourne is the home of sport. That's where they are going to come out in their thousands." Sebastian Coe, chief of the London 2012 Olympic bid, when asked to compare the Commonwealth Games to the Olympics. Translated, he's saying we are multi-faceted and interesting and that we treat sport the way it should be treated, as the pepper'n'salt of life, and not the main meal.

From the Fitz Files

Any comments? Sounds like fightin' words to me. I'm sure there are some Sydney loving die hards out there who would be offended by this or even Non Sydney peoples that quite enjoyed this quote
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Whilst I'm proud of my city and would like to think otherwise, I'd have to agree with the claims above. Melbourne certainly has it over Sydney when it comes sports. Support for rugby league and the Storm being the exception.