Whats doing with mundine?

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Whats doing with mundine?

Post by King-Eliagh »

Is it league or boxing? The guy seems mixed up to me. Is he fighting soon or not havent seen anything in the papers?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Very mixed up that's for sure. If he goes back to rugby league, he'll lose my respect.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Choc was beaten last night in Sydney by Kessler who retains the world title. I seriously believe all the talk about returning to rugby league in the lead up to the fight resulted in Mundine losing focus.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I think mundine loses focus all the time. He's a very talented athlete but i think his mind screws with his potential. Atleast he seems to have stopped trying to be muhammad ali of late.

I didnt see the fight but supposedly he boxed well and took the fight to kessler which i didnt expect. If he sticks at his boxing he will give a few world titles a fair crack over the next few years.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

I've lost and respect I had for him...he does not even know if he is an Aboriginal or a Black American sometimes as well. The way he carries on he thinks he is some type of Homeboy
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Well the big fight between Mundine and Green has been confirmed for Aussie Stadium in Sydney on 19th April. Can't wait to see it, hopefully tickets aren't too expensive.

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.au/N ... cement.asp
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

I will be there with my National Indigenous Council mates cheering on Danny Green!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Green is going to get his arse kicked. Can't wait to see it too. Choc is just to quick for the Green the hack.
Sean
Team:

Post by Sean »

pfft an absurd statement, obviously yo have never seen either boxer fight, the only time mundine ever suprised me is when he beat that black boxer ive forgotten his name right now but you know the one, he was showing off his bullet scar on his arm like a real hero, i thought Mundine would lose that badly but he didnt, he wont be ablt to beat green, green is a supreme fighter and will want mundine beaten more then anything
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I've seen Mundine fight twice before live, including his victory against Antwun Echols. Mundine is very quick in the ring and I think you underestimate just how quick he actually is. The only thing that annoys me at times is how much he dances around the ring. Tactics I suppose... land the punch get the point and back off until the next opportunity. As for Green, well he struggled in his last fight against some old has been.
Sean
Team:

Post by Sean »

yeah antwon echols that was his name, yeah he has speed but he just nhasnt got the talent IMO, when he is up against quality he tends to struggle and even sometimes struggles against useless hacks, like that old japanese dude and the other old has been that took his title away from him, anyway probly half of what i say is just wishing mundine would lose because i loathe him, but i honestly think green will do him, both fighters will lift for the fight though, it will be a cracker for the 3 rounds it takes green to knock himn out haha
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You wouldn't be alone in disliking Mundine. :lol:

I kinda like that about the bloke though. He certainly has a big mouth, whilst also being an all round sportman. Some of the crap he comes out with just makes me laugh (loved the press conference and the outfit he was wearing the other day at Aussie Stadium :lol: ). At the end of the day I've no doubt he only says the things he says to increase tickets sales and subscriptions for his fights on Foxtel. Seems to be working too.