Danny Green v Marcus Beyer Title Fight

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Danny Green v Marcus Beyer Title Fight

Post by King-Eliagh »

Seemed like a great fight with Green coming back very strongly in the last round. He had to knock Beyer out to win the fight and had a standing 8 count against him but in the end couldnt do it. Judges scored the fight 113-113, 113- 112, 115-112. A close one, I only saw the last round which Green dominated but he was losing by a long way coming into that round. He just doesnt have the skill in my opinion to match it with the best, his chin is good, punch is strong but skill level low. Look forward to ?Mundines response :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Agree with you 100% KE.

You know, the bookies had him at virtually unbackable odds to win that fight, but he clearly was too stupid to win the title 18 months ago when he was well in front and resorted to headbutting, and he couldn't do it a second time! Clearly he under-rated Beyer and over-rated his own ability!

You're right, he's tough with a good punch, but Mundine is much quicker with his hands. I've said in previous threads in this forum that Mundine is superior to Green and people like EG have disputed this in here.

If I was Mundine, I wouldn't bother with Green - it isn't worth it. Green is now too old (33) and with nothing to offer - he has a dangerous punch and Mundine would be best advised to fight other people to enhance his reputation as a great boxer.

Green's future looks dim - handled by a wanker in Fenech with a brain the size of a monkey!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

So much for all the talk from the Green camp about him being "The Man".

As Choc always says, what does Green bring to the negotiating table? He's a loser just like his fruitcake trainer.