Re: Crowds and Members - Serious Discussion Forum

Discuss the footy industry, crowds, tv ratings, memberships, sponsorships and the finances of all Australian football codes and clubs
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

I don't think that's right - all tickets are scanned when you enter the ground - that's where they get the numbers from
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Today's crowd for giants looked ordinary at best. Some areas appeared to have some numbers ... particularly behind the goals but the wings (reserved seating) was almost empty. A healthy reminder that this is a development area and the work that lies ahead. In saying that and given that it is a development area, the crowd was similar to the nrl crowd Thursday night ... yes Thursday night I know but still nrl heartland. Could you imagine any afl team in Melbourne getting a crowd like that.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Gabba looks okay though.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:25 pm
Today's crowd for giants looked ordinary at best. Some areas appeared to have some numbers ... particularly behind the goals but the wings (reserved seating) was almost empty. A healthy reminder that this is a development area and the work that lies ahead. In saying that and given that it is a development area, the crowd was similar to the nrl crowd Thursday night ... yes Thursday night I know but still nrl heartland. Could you imagine any afl team in Melbourne getting a crowd like that.
I know you're a bubble dweller and don't notice little things Fredo...but....um.....Thursday there was torrential rain all day and night from about 10am. I know .....I was about 5km from Homebush all day and most of the night.

Today was the first Saturday in a month without rain. It was fine and sunny all day. A beautiful day for footy of any sort. Fumbling crowd?? A few thousand at best.....but will be recorded much higher by fumblehouse of course.

300 mill spent on the two teams 'playing' today. Obscene really!!!! What about the starving children.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Is there an emoticon for snorting whilst laughing .... you're the best Terry. We were wondering how long lol. That think of the children comment was gold.

Anyway ... I did mention it was raining. I did mention the crowd was low. I also noted this points out the need to develop this area and the work still required. This is exactly why the giants are there... to grow the game in an area a very small following of Aussie rules. You really do have to read my posts properly.

Anyway... I was saying whilst it was poor could you imagine a team in Melbourne getting a 7000 plus crowd ? Or Adelaide or Perth? So comparatively it is poor by afl standards but not too far off some nrl games in rl heartland.

Now... slow down before you reply. Think through your response and try and address the points rather than me. Okay ... you ready.......
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Good crowd at the swan's game.
Veni, vidi, vici