2017 - NRL - Rugby League TV Ratings

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: 2017 - Rugby League TV Ratings (Rolling totals in OP)

Post by Terry »

SportFan wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:04 pm
Guys, the reason the AFL has always rated a lot higher than NRL, is because of South Australia & WA.

Not to mention NRL's dud that is Melbourne Storm.

Boring, get over it, move on.
Another goldfish dweller........lolololololololololol. Into the jungle with your other fumbling mates for you pal....lololololol.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:00 am
So if it was a horse race then going by this poor saps logic whichever horse in front at the end of a long race is not really the winner .
It's who is leading at certain stages .
You couldn't make this shit up after being on drugs for 10 years .

More people watch RL each year than AFL .
Simple fact that you as a simpleton can't deal with .
That is the worst analogy ever. Comparing total ratings is closer to which horse runs more kms over the spring carnival when two different horses run on different days, on different tracks, with different length tracks. It's basically irrelevant. I dont know about you but I compare ratings because it shows popularity, and for the last season the AFL had the highest rating GF, final, home and away game, FTA game, and STV game. That's a meaningful comparison
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I have always argued cumulative means not too much. However in deference to this I went with it however when Australian rules starts winning it was then said this was not a good measure. I think averages are the go. And rl people also pointed out averages .... so now we are back at cumulative ????

The aflw has added a lot of ratings for Aussie rules and vfl gets very good ratings ... as I'm sure qld cup does. So who is winning cumulative this year ?
Veni, vidi, vici
SportFan
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by SportFan »

Terry wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Another goldfish dweller........lolololololololololol. Into the jungle with your other fumbling mates for you pal....lololololol.
🤔
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:40 pm
NRL

As we head into Origin 2, the NRL had 4 games this week, 2 of which were on FTA nationally.

The top rating NRL game for the round on FTA and Fox was Friday nights Souths v Titans clash which pulled in 888,000 viewers on Nine/Gem and Foxleague. Sundays game rated a total of 816,000.

The NRL has had 6 games cross the million rating mark in Australia for the season, with a further 2 possible when NZ ratings are included (Note: NZ ratings strictly based on estimates using last released data from 2014 – theres no way its accurate, ratings were on a downward trend at that point)

R2 – Brisbane v North Queensland, Fri N – 1.203m
R3 – Melbourne v Brisbane, Thu N – 1.183m
R1 – Cronulla v Brisbane, Thu N – 1.141m
R5 – Canterbury v Brisbane, Thu N – 1.1m
R8 – Sth Sydney v Brisbane, Fri N – 1.032m
R9 – Brisbane v penrith, Thu N – 1.027m
R14 – Brisbane v South Sydney, Fri N – 1.002m
R8 – Sydney v St George, ANZAC Day – 1.001m

Note the prominence of Thursday night footy.

On Free to air television, ratings for Round 15 were 1.28 million, with Thursdays game rating the higher of two matches at 682,000. Sundays game averaged 598,000 viewers across the Nine network nationally.

Total Foxleague ratings for the round were 943,000, with Saturday evenings Melbourne v North Queensland rating 265,000 – narrowly ahead of the evening game which rating 254,000. For this week, Foxleague was rated the number 2 STV channel by ASTRA.

For the season, the NRL has rated a total of 54.06 million viewers in Australia (down 4% on the same time last year), and as much as 56.92 million when New Zealand is taken into account. This includes 16.76 million in metro ratings (down 10% on the same time in 2016), 10.95 million in Regional ratings (down 11%), 27.715 million in total FTA (down 10%) and 25.83 million on Fox (down 1.29%).

In Sydney, FTA ratings have been hit hard down 25% to 197,000 average on Nine and 92,000 on Fox. In Brisbane ratings are up 1% to 154,000 on Nine, and a further 46,000 on Fox. Individual FTA ratings for Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth are too sporadically released this year to gain sufficient data, but GEM ratings across all three cities average 30,000 per match. Fox averages 13,000 in Melbourne, 2,000 in Adelaide and 6,000 on Perth.

Some insight could be gained from a report on DeciderTV that shows the trend towards watching live sport on mobile devices. The report revealed the unique audience for Origin increased by 47% on mobile compared with the same match last year

Nz ratings may have been on a downward trend but that tends to happen when your losing matches.

For matches over 1m what About Origin 1, 3.5m what about the test 1.5m, That's 10 and tonights match makes 11.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Wed TV #Origin #WWOS Nine 3,483,000 (Metro 2,380,000 Regional 1,103,000)
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I was reading an article and it stated NZ ratings were up 40%

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/92839 ... -greenberg

However, the Warriors' TV ratings are believed to be up around 40 per cent in New Zealand this year.

They also haven't had any of their games in the primetime Australian TV slots of the second game on a Friday night, or playing on Saturday evenings
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

139k in Perth seems disappointing for leagues biggest match. Aren't they saying bring in a new team from Perth because league is "strongly" followed over there.
EST. 1870
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:41 am
until such time as origin becomes part of the nrl premiership season they wont be counted as part of the nrl premiership season.

they'll be counted as part of the overall rugby league season though

That just crap Wookie, If obviously gives you a warm fuzzy feeling of superiority knowing that your club comp can out rate something. Even if it is only makes up a little more than 80% of our season.

Our season include rep football, that seems to be a real bone of contention with you and the fumbler fans. Club, Rep football its all the same fucking thing. The networks buy entire RL season not just part of it
Last edited by pussycat on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 am
I dont give a fuck what you think pussycat. you or anyone else on this goddamn forum - or any other forum.
Take a look at the heading of this thread!!!

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Another SOO game well down on previous ratings. SOO1 was the same but explained away as a one sided game. What will the excuse be this time given it was a nail-biting finish??
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Whilst a good finish I still found most of the last 15 minutes I watch boring apart from the try ... they need more tries or action going on in rl for mine.

People at work who do watch it said they turned off stating qld's first half was like under 14 standard . They were surprised they won.

Another observation ... when I first moved here a lot of people wore soo stuff to work the day of. Not now? Still see it around the streets... maybe it's my work place lol.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:02 am
still dont care. you bore me.
Your showing your true colours now Wookie! AFL only has club football so that's the only thing that counts.

Better still, why not just count Friday night matches ? I'm sure NlolRL will be eternally grateful.

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:43 pm
i count everything over the year.

I dont count Origin as part of the NRL premiership season. because its not.
No. But it's part of the RL season and part of the broadcast deal. And you count the fumbling pre-season and ladies comp - they're not part of the AFL premiership season.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

docker24 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am
139k in Perth seems disappointing for leagues biggest match. Aren't they saying bring in a new team from Perth because league is "strongly" followed over there.
I consider that 139k figure very good.

considering its NSW V QLD and not a W.A TEAM

and was played at 6pm perth time..