Re: 2017 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:20 am
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:10 pm
pussycat wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Maybe it does affect your PTV ratings to a slight degree but not even close to the boost in ratings you receive from allowing you to be able show respective matches into there home markets. Not to mention the boost you get from having wall to wall coverage of AFL on Saturdays.
weve covered this recently. Example: last night's Rich v Stk would rate maybe 400k fta metro, 160k fta regional, and maybe 200k fox. That's 760k for 1 game. Adding a second game of lions v geelong shown at the same time may add another 100k for fox and 30k for brisbane FTA, making it only 890k for 2 games.

Showing both games at the same time resulted in an average audience of 445k rather than 760k. Thats a big reduction, not a boost
Yes but how many would of tuned in to

LIONS V GEELONG>>>>>> (BLOCKBUSTER)

AFL scheduling is great ( and you still find negatives)

I would give for AFL Scheduling to be in NRL anyday of the week....

more FTA = bigger figures even with some games playing at same time..
better than a exclusive FOX game..
Our scheduling is great but when ised to calculate total rantings is very misleading. Thats why we easily win game v game comparisons but usually come behind in the total
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:59 am
NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am
Total ratings yes. But we also take into account the similar number of games for each code over the season. Yet as the saturday example shows, our totals per game are reduced due to concurrent scheduling, while the nrls aren't
And into the goldfish bowl we go again...........lololololololololol. For the record: this conversation has been had repeatedly, over and over and over again and again and again. Is there any chance we will ever move on????
You may be back on this forum but im still not interested in your off topic dribble. Consider yourself on ignore from here on. Have a nice life
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:11 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:59 am
NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am
Total ratings yes. But we also take into account the similar number of games for each code over the season. Yet as the saturday example shows, our totals per game are reduced due to concurrent scheduling, while the nrls aren't
And into the goldfish bowl we go again...........lololololololololol. For the record: this conversation has been had repeatedly, over and over and over again and again and again. Is there any chance we will ever move on????
You may be back on this forum but im still not interested in your off topic dribble. Consider yourself on ignore from here on. Have a nice life
No worries pal. You've probably noticed I've been ignoring your drivel (correct spelling) for months.......lolololololololol. And around the bowl we go again.....lol.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:09 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:10 pm
weve covered this recently. Example: last night's Rich v Stk would rate maybe 400k fta metro, 160k fta regional, and maybe 200k fox. That's 760k for 1 game. Adding a second game of lions v geelong shown at the same time may add another 100k for fox and 30k for brisbane FTA, making it only 890k for 2 games.

Showing both games at the same time resulted in an average audience of 445k rather than 760k. Thats a big reduction, not a boost

Our scheduling is great but when ised to calculate total rantings is very misleading. Thats why we easily win game v game comparisons but usually come behind in the total
FTA games of home teams around AUSTRALIA and Melbourne blockbusters are shown.
this gives you the advantage over the NRL for getting more figures.

even if you show 2 games at once being 1 big game and 1 half decent at the same time on a Friday.

it can still hit 1 million Mark. giving you 500k per that game.

however for the NRL this is on FOX Exclusive and will generally ready mid 250k
giving it a total figure for 2 games = 500k

its a clear advantage for a overall figure..
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:34 pm

even if you show 2 games at once being 1 big game and 1 half decent at the same time on a Friday.

We nee multimple games into home cities because we have multiple teams in every city. The Broncos are your only real second market team, and theyre on FTA basically every week. We have 4 teams in our secondary markets, WC, Crows, Freo and Power. We cant engage all of them in a single game like the NRL does with the Broncos.

The AFLs only extra FTA game is Saturday arvo, which is the lowest rating time slot, and is delayed into Melbourne our biggest audience. The FTA advantage is slim, but the fox disadvantage due to concurrent games is significant
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

But but but but but but
Lol over & over
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:08 pm

The AFLs only extra FTA game is Saturday arvo, which is the lowest rating time slot, and is delayed into Melbourne our biggest audience. The FTA advantage is slim, but the fox disadvantage due to concurrent games is significant

Your So full of it LOL's . I assume your from Melbourne, so far after 17 rounds.

Thur N = 7
Fri N = 17
Sat arvo = 0
Sat N = 17
Sun = 16
Mon N = 1
Delayed Games = 0
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Australian Rules the most watched code in Australia on TV.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Wow, was there major blackouts in Melbourne over the weekend?

Haw pathetic! 9 matches, 3 on FTA and total ratings of just 3.4m [-( surely its time you played the wildcard and tried to get some interest back into backend of your season.

I think I will start my victory lap now :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:08 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:34 pm

We nee multimple games into home cities because we have multiple teams in every city. The Broncos are your only real second market team, and theyre on FTA basically every week. We have 4 teams in our secondary markets, WC, Crows, Freo and Power. We cant engage all of them in a single game like the NRL does with the Broncos.

COWBOYS every time they are on FTA they get around the 160k-180k mark in Brisbane
and huge regional figures..

this would be a huge plus if they were on FTA week in week out..

same with the Raiders / Newcastle & Gold Coast

even the warriors are only shown on Sky Sports.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Wookie , when are you going to show some stats that show the AFL decline?

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Australian Rules seems to be the most watched code on tv
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:56 pm
Australian Rules seems to be the most watched code on tv
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Um not last year . Not the year before .
& this year isn't over yet .
Lol you fumblers are so funny
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Was talking about this year. Should have said "so far" maybe.

So I'll rewrite it... Australian Rules football the most watched code of football in Australia so far this year. This without state league figures for tv).

Most watched on tv in Australia so far. Most watched live at the game.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:51 am
A few points about these ratings that no one seems to have picked up:

Last week the AFL got 3.431 for 9 games at average of 381k per game.
RL got 2.089 for 4 games in a shortened round at average 522k per game. That's ummm...let's say quite a difference.

The AFL round was down 2.49m on it's best round total. Yep, that's 2.49 million! That's ummmmm....let's say quite a drop!

The totals are calculated on the AFL having played 47 more games. Yep 47. That's ummmm quite a few! Anyone proclaiming any sort of advantage to the AFL at this point of the season is .......let's say heroic.

Also: I note on the Footy Industry site today their are two negative stories about SOO and one warm and fuzzy story about AFL. On the day when a game of RL will dominate all media and get massive ratings the site cannot find one positive story out of the hundreds out there on SOO.

They can however find a positive AFL story - sourced from the Wagga Wagga Daily Advertiser. Yep they scoured the country and found what they were looking for in little 'ol Wagga Wagga.

Now - that's balanced reporting!!