Re: 2017 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:03 pm
AFL fan .
I'm surprised that your game will get nowhere near what another RL game gets on WED nite
It's been explained over & over yet you imbas just ignore .
We have more than one level .
The rep games impact on our comp .
They also enhance our comp .
You can't seem to deal with anything outside the narrow view of your sport .
how many players were out of the two teams last night due to SOO?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by AFLcrap1 »

It's part of our season
Part of our media deal
What is wrong with highlighting how good it is
You fumblers have no problem highlighting the negative aspects
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:51 pm
Oh no I dont have a problem with Origin. I have a problem with you fuckwits constantly using it as the reason for everything.

its a problem when it has nothing to do with why your ratings have been down ALL YEAR. Not just at Origin time. It has nothing to do with Friday nights just not being a ratings winner like they were in the past - even though you had Origin then too.

All origin. All the time. If an AFL person tried something like this youd ridicule them back to the stone age.
Well this is right on cue - Wookie in SOO meltdown!!!!! And for the record it's not all origin all the time. I have made this point repeatedly to you dills. I highlighted last weeks ratings as a case in point and I have repeatedly addressed this years ratings and why they dropped some what.

You and your fumbling mates just have a visceral hatred of anything RL and particularly the behemoth of SOO. Suck it up pal and stop acting like a child.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Is this Australia's sickest joke?

Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLSwansSuns National 189k Metro 145k (Syd 25k Mel 73k Bri 10k Ade 17k Per 22k)

Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLSaintsTigers National 186k Metro 139k (Syd 19k Mel 72k Bri 10k Ade 14k Per 24k)

Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLHawksGiants National 158k Metro 124k (Syd 15k Mel 63k Bri 9k Ade 20k Per 16k)

Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLPiesDons National 130k Metro 104k (Syd 7k Mel 65k Bri 8k Ade 14k Per 11k)

Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLLionsCats National 79k Metro 61k (Syd 2k Mel 40k Bri 5k Ade 6k Per 8k)
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

acceptable given all games overlapped

What did the isolated NRL games rate?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol here we go this is what Terry talked about
Round & round
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:50 pm
Round & round
so you think showing games at the same time doesnt impact their ratings?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:54 pm
Round & round
Maybe it does affect your PTV ratings to a slight degree but not even close to the boost in ratings you receive from allowing you to be able show respective matches into there home markets. Not to mention the boost you get from having wall to wall coverage of AFL on Saturdays.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:56 pm
Round & round
Maybe it does affect your PTV ratings to a slight degree but not even close to the boost in ratings you receive from allowing you to be able show respective matches into there home markets. Not to mention the boost you get from having wall to wall coverage of AFL on Saturdays.
weve covered this recently. Example: last night's Rich v Stk would rate maybe 400k fta metro, 160k fta regional, and maybe 200k fox. That's 760k for 1 game. Adding a second game of lions v geelong shown at the same time may add another 100k for fox and 30k for brisbane FTA, making it only 890k for 2 games.

Showing both games at the same time resulted in an average audience of 445k rather than 760k. Thats a big reduction, not a boost
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:10 pm

weve covered this recently. Example: last night's Rich v Stk would rate maybe 400k fta metro, 160k fta regional, and maybe 200k fox. That's 760k for 1 game. Adding a second game of lions v geelong shown at the same time may add another 100k for fox and 30k for brisbane FTA, making it only 890k for 2 games.

Showing both games at the same time resulted in an average audience of 445k rather than 760k. Thats a big reduction, not a boost

Using your example.

For Melb/Adel/ Perth viewers there was 1 game with FTA on Saturday night, Rich v Saints = 760k.

For Brisbane there was 1 game on FTA on Sat night , Lions v cats = 130k.

Total ratings = 890k

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Using your example.

For Melb/Adel/ Perth viewers there was 1 game with FTA on Saturday night, Rich v Saints = 760k.

For Brisbane there was 1 game on FTA on Sat night , Lions v cats = 130k.

Total ratings = 890k
exactly. Yet when counting averages it drops to 445k per game which misrepresents the ratings for each market
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

We count ratings don't we.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Total ratings yes. But we also take into account the similar number of games for each code over the season. Yet as the saturday example shows, our totals per game are reduced due to concurrent scheduling, while the nrls aren't
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am
Total ratings yes. But we also take into account the similar number of games for each code over the season. Yet as the saturday example shows, our totals per game are reduced due to concurrent scheduling, while the nrls aren't
And into the goldfish bowl we go again...........lololololololololol. For the record: this conversation has been had repeatedly, over and over and over again and again and again. Is there any chance we will ever move on????
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Yes but how many would of tuned in to

LIONS V GEELONG>>>>>> (BLOCKBUSTER)

AFL scheduling is great ( and you still find negatives)

I would give for AFL Scheduling to be in NRL anyday of the week....

more FTA = bigger figures even with some games playing at same time..
better than a exclusive FOX game..