NRL Expansion - which new clubs will get in.

Rugby League news and discussion.
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC
Been liked: 0

NRL Expansion - which new clubs will get in.

Post by AFLsforPussies »

Seems to be more bid teams than ever now.

Wellington
Perth
Central Coast
Central Queensland
Brisbane

Is a hard choice for the NRL. I hope it is the Central Coast as one of them. They have a great stadium already built for a NRL team. A supporter base with a population of over a million people which is the entire North Shore as well as the Central Coast. Plenty of fans already existing from the North Sydney Bears days.

At the moment though Qld and Perth seem amongst the favourites. What are your thoughts on the choices.
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

Foolproof
Captain
Captain
Team: ALL
Been liked: 0

Re: NRL Expansion - which new clubs will get in.

Post by Foolproof »

No I don't agree re Central Coast. They have a fan base with the North Sydney Bears and the stadium is sensational by NRL standards (compared to the Sydney suburban venues). I would be putting that ahead of the second Brisbane team at this point. I don't dispute Brisbane should have a second team down the track but I'm worried about the Broncos and the Titans. They have to be careful.

Perth must be considered ahead of Wellington. Whilst the Wellington team may not have to sort of effect on the Warriors that a second Brisbane team would on the Broncos and the Titans, it still needs work. Long term I'd love to see all five, plus Adelaide if possible and maybe even PNG. But it's important that the NRL get it right and not just throw it around willy nilly.
ALL COMMENTS ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE
THIS IS MY ONLY ACCOUNT AND IT HAS NOW BEEN ABANDONED
THE WOOKIE AS SITE ADMIN = I GIVE THIS FORUM 12 MONTHS TO LIVE