Rule notification

Rugby League news and discussion.
Wynnum winners
Team: Cowboys
Been liked: 0

Rule notification

Post by Wynnum winners »

Hi. I've been around 54 years. Coached kids for 13 years and like most people played for 10years as a junior or senior. I've devoted years behind the scenes including refereeing seniors thus I'm not impressed with all the rule changes in the last 20 years . In the field play when your forward momentum has stopped or the arm holding the ball or ball touches the ground it is said the tackle is completed, if not true there would be no double movements . i was taught during my referee test that a try could be scored when :-+ as in the field of play a try could also be scored when the ball or the hand carrying the ball touched the try line Or in goal. Please tell me now why now comontators always look for the ball touching the in goal or try line and don't include the hand holding the ball.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Rule notification

Post by MarkZZZ »

This is the best definition of a try that I could find.

Try

The primary method of scoring. A try is worth four points. It is scored when a player places the ball on the ground with downward pressure in the in-goal area between (and including) the goal-line and up to but not including dead ball line of the opposition's half. (As the goal posts and post protectors are also part of the goal-line, touching the ball down against the base of these is also a try.)
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.