Rugby League Exploding In Canada

Football development and expansion overseas. Which code is the biggest? Fight it out in here.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: Rugby League Exploding In Canada

Post by Raiderdave »

leagueiscrap wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
They had no rule books, they had no idea about RL and the union lot running it never mentioned it to anyone in RL ever that they used RL instead of Union in some parts of Canada. Unionites stick together the world over and maybe, just maybe if they had of bothered to get in contact with the RFL or ARL back in those early days, they might just of had a chance seeing they could have got the books on the game and learnt how to play and coach it properly. They also could have used any of the big 4 at the time that were traveling through or past North America each fucking year to play exihbition or god forbid, a test match or two to help the profile, make some money and show the Canadians that other people outside their little world played other sports against each other unlike the sport that was taking hold big time because of war and Nationalism in Canadian Football which to this days is still only played in Canada.

I read that right up until the mid to late 70's, school children in some areas played RL and they still didn't know what they were playing, they thought it was a modified version of Union, thus they never ever got any help whatsoever in any capacity at all because the union lot running it were so desperate to cling onto power even to the extent of going down with the ship.

Do you need some links on todays history lesson again?
league dates back to 1861 in canada not 2010 :)))
:shock:
8-[
:?>

:(/ :(/ :lol: :_<> :lol:

Wow
Those blokes at the george hotel in huddersfield back on 1895 would of been a bit surprised
I mean

Here they were thinking they had started a new sport :-k

Little did they know
the sport had apparently existed in Canada 34 fucking years before :shock:

What ? :?

Look who made this statement ?

8-[

The dumbest c**** on the Internet :(/ :(/ :_<> :(/ :lol:

Our very own...
Dumbo :(/ :lol: :(/ :_<>

No dumbo

Theyll b.no re writing of the history books you stupid c**** :(/ :lol: :_<>

In your jealous rage n your bashing n thumping the keyboard whilst frothing n foaming at the mouth
You had rugby league existing in Canada. .. 34 years before the sport was played anywhere on the planet :(/ :lol: :_<> :(/

Summa yr best work you metho slurping t.ard :(/ :lol: :_<>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC

Post by AFLsforPussies »

leagueiscrap wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
They had no rule books, they had no idea about RL and the union lot running it never mentioned it to anyone in RL ever that they used RL instead of Union in some parts of Canada. Unionites stick together the world over and maybe, just maybe if they had of bothered to get in contact with the RFL or ARL back in those early days, they might just of had a chance seeing they could have got the books on the game and learnt how to play and coach it properly. They also could have used any of the big 4 at the time that were traveling through or past North America each fucking year to play exihbition or god forbid, a test match or two to help the profile, make some money and show the Canadians that other people outside their little world played other sports against each other unlike the sport that was taking hold big time because of war and Nationalism in Canadian Football which to this days is still only played in Canada.

I read that right up until the mid to late 70's, school children in some areas played RL and they still didn't know what they were playing, they thought it was a modified version of Union, thus they never ever got any help whatsoever in any capacity at all because the union lot running it were so desperate to cling onto power even to the extent of going down with the ship.

Do you need some links on todays history lesson again?
no i dont really care or give a shit, searching google, reading, they copy and pasting that article, already has taken 3 minues of my life id rather have back

its in response to this quote "“Rugby league didn’t exist in Canada four years ago" from the original article
:lol:
league dates back to 1861 in canada not 2010 :)))
but in 2010 did rugby league exist in canada?

it may have existed in 1861, but the statement RL didnt exist 4 years ago means was there rugby league in 2010?

comprehension is obviously not your strong suit
thats the quote from the original article
News & StarSportTown
WORKINGTON AND WHITEHAVEN COULD FACE CANADA OPPOSITION
By Tony Harrison

Published at 20:41, Saturday, 11 October 2014

RUGBY LEAGUE EXCLUSIVE: WORKINGTON Town and Whitehaven could soon be lining up against Canadian opposition, should a bid from a Toronto-based consortium come to fruition.

The seven-man consortium has put forward an application to join the Rugby Football League and the subject was well-received at a meeting of Championships representatives in Leeds.

One of the seven businessmen in the consortium, Eric Perez, told News & Star Sport: “Rugby league didn’t exist in Canada four years ago.

league has been in canada since 1860, not just 2010.
its had 150 years to grow its game and has gotten no where.
union has progressed
& league is still its minnow cousin :)))
Man where did you get 1860?? Wookie is right, rugby league was only born in Northern England in the 1890s. So how could rugby league exist in Canada in 1860??

As for how rugby league is doing in Canada, I know they beat England in the commonwealth games tournament.

http://www.canadarugbyleague.com
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC

Post by AFLsforPussies »

Would be great if we saw a Canadian or American team qualifying for the four nations one day.
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol re reading this thread is hilarious .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o