does PNG have more AR participants than rl participants

Football development and expansion overseas. Which code is the biggest? Fight it out in here.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles
Been liked: 0

Re: does PNG have more AR participants than rl participants

Post by NSWAFL »

I questioned the accuracy of the PNG numbers.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Another website ruined by wookie features.

Last edited by cos789 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

Yep!
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
And someone doesn't like the fact that up to a 3rd of PNG plays RL making it have more participants in PNG playing RL than all vfl and vfl's little helper (vickick) combined world wide =D> :lol: :lol: :D
That's another entry for the BS file!

Call your code what you like, you know what I meant.

And while you're at it, I accept your BS file.
No need to prove anything the proof is in the pudding. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjfksPtFWH4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5dAxLJ- ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Tcyhaabqw now this ones recent with Nathan Hindmarsh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTE7SIDI ... re=related Kangaroos vs Kumals

Why even bother wasting your time comparing AR to RL in PNG you dont even come close. :lol:
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by 214Four »

Rugby League in PNG

Popularity

Rugby league is the most popular sport in Papua New Guinea and is commonly referred to as the national sport.In a nation where communities are far apart and many people live at a minimal subsistence level, rugby league has been described as a replacement for tribal warfare[citation needed] as a way of explaining the local enthusiasm for the game (a matter of life and death).

The annual Australian State of Origin matches are the most watched sporting event of the year[citation needed]. Australian rugby league players who have played in the annual (Australian) State of Origin clash, which is celebrated feverishly every year in Papua New Guinea, are among the most well known identities throughout the nation.

During the 2000 Rugby League World Cup an estimated audience of 2 million[citation needed] watched the Kumuls lose to the Welsh Dragons in the quarter finals in the early hours of the morning local time. Despite this loss over 50,000 fans welcomed the team at Port Moresby Airport later that week.

Participation

Rugby league has a huge participation rate in the junior level with every school in the country involved in a rugby league competition as rugby league is part of the school curriculum.
There are 5,000 registered players between the ages of 12 and 18. There are 10,000 registered senior players. (15,000 total)

They compete in 40 affiliated leagues around the country. Each league has a minimum of seven clubs and each club has four teams.

Aussie Rules in PNG

Australian rules football in Papua New Guinea is a rapidly developing team sport which was initially introduced by Australian servicemen. The sport has a long and somewhat shaky history, but has recently achieved big strides in the Papua New Guinea community and is now the second most popular sport behind Rugby League.

Papua New Guinea has the second highest number of players and one of the highest junior participation growth rates for the sport in the world

There are 1,920 registered senior players They compete in 7 affiliated leagues around the country (Goroka Football League, Kimbe Football League, Lae Football League, Mt Hagen Football League, Port Moresby Football League, Rabaul Football League, Eastern Highlands Rules Football League)

.................I HOPE THIS POST CAN HELP SOLVE THE DIFFERENCES OF OPINION IN THIS THREAD
:cool:

Info posted copyied and pasted from wikipedia

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

BUMP.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Last edited by cos789 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

cos789 wrote:
214Four wrote:
And I quoted from a government site
http://ministers.dfat.gov.au/marles/rel ... 10926.html

You're a moron if you think wiki is in any way accurate.

so
we have 15K RL players in PNG
&

2K fumblers :-k

:lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
good thread dickhead :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Go the PNG Hunters.

http://www.qrl.com.au/intrust-super-cup/ladder.html

Currently in 4th place on the Queensland cup ladder after 5 games.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

214Four wrote:
Rugby League in PNG

Popularity

Rugby league is the most popular sport in Papua New Guinea and is commonly referred to as the national sport.In a nation where communities are far apart and many people live at a minimal subsistence level, rugby league has been described as a replacement for tribal warfare[citation needed] as a way of explaining the local enthusiasm for the game (a matter of life and death).

The annual Australian State of Origin matches are the most watched sporting event of the year[citation needed]. Australian rugby league players who have played in the annual (Australian) State of Origin clash, which is celebrated feverishly every year in Papua New Guinea, are among the most well known identities throughout the nation.

During the 2000 Rugby League World Cup an estimated audience of 2 million[citation needed] watched the Kumuls lose to the Welsh Dragons in the quarter finals in the early hours of the morning local time. Despite this loss over 50,000 fans welcomed the team at Port Moresby Airport later that week.

Participation

Rugby league has a huge participation rate in the junior level with every school in the country involved in a rugby league competition as rugby league is part of the school curriculum.
There are 5,000 registered players between the ages of 12 and 18. There are 10,000 registered senior players. (15,000 total)

They compete in 40 affiliated leagues around the country. Each league has a minimum of seven clubs and each club has four teams.

Aussie Rules in PNG

Australian rules football in Papua New Guinea is a rapidly developing team sport which was initially introduced by Australian servicemen. The sport has a long and somewhat shaky history, but has recently achieved big strides in the Papua New Guinea community and is now the second most popular sport behind Rugby League.

Papua New Guinea has the second highest number of players and one of the highest junior participation growth rates for the sport in the world

There are 1,920 registered senior players They compete in 7 affiliated leagues around the country (Goroka Football League, Kimbe Football League, Lae Football League, Mt Hagen Football League, Port Moresby Football League, Rabaul Football League, Eastern Highlands Rules Football League)

.................I HOPE THIS POST CAN HELP SOLVE THE DIFFERENCES OF OPINION IN THIS THREAD
:cool:

Yeah the above was in reference to 2000! 14 years old hahaha got anything recent - no thought not!!!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yeah, the PNG Hunters playing in the Queensland cup in 2014.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Hi to all….I thought the attached link would be of interest to you…the PNGRFL through the Team Kumul program are sending a PNG U19 PNG team to the 2014 Rugby League Commonwealth Championships in Glasgow…These young men could be the future potential SP PNG Hunters and PNG Kumuls players and are being groomed for international duty along with our 2015 Pacific Games campaign.

The ore international experience we can give them the better.

Planning is already advanced for the selection of the final squad that will take part in the Champiionships. We will release more shortly however put the following dates in your diary:

June 6th - 9th - National U19 9's Gala Weekend - Lae

Squad of 15 Players to be selected and 5 Officials from the Gala Weekend. U19 players currently playing in the Digicel Cup and Hunters programs have also been identified and will also be considered for selection.

The squad will assemble in camp prior to departure on the 23rd June 2014 for Glasgow.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/2014-Rug ... 7188151452
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o