Afl over 30 years

Australian Football news and discussion.
Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Eagles
Been liked: 0

Re: Afl over 30 years

Post by Buzz »

pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:30 pm
I don't know what the article says about AFL expansion, and to be honest I don't really care. There expansion happened because it had to. According to the document they had commissioned they needed to expand or die. It wasn't some holier than thou ,trumpet blazing celebration. They were told they needed to expand or else. With the NRL now free of News Ltd , they've been going ahead in leaps and bounds for the last 6 or 7 years combined with facts that the AFL's recent expansion attempts are costing them 10's of millions each year they should soon be broke again. For good with any luck.

I live in the Newcastle Fred. You get more derogatory comments like Gay FL etc. here than anywhere else in Australia. 99% of novocastrians hate the sport (tag team event) with a passion. In fact the local government has placed a bounty on the heads of any AFL player not taken alive. :roll:
Wow, some hoodlums don’t like Aussie rules: I’m going to cry now :thumbleft:

Had any crowds at the rugby lately btw?

Nah, for a reason!

All home on the interwebs avoiding each other like the plague!

If you go to the rugby you might meet people like kingy :drunk:
Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Eagles
Been liked: 0

Post by Buzz »

pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:56 am
Buzz wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:27 pm
Did Murdoch call it the National R&%$#(s League?

No, so stop blaming him for the facts of the matter: people don't trust rugby league or its players or its fans. That is why it has the crowds it has!!

The fans don't want to be around each because they know they are all dodge central....
Murdoch did come up with that name actually!
Are you ******** :thumbleft: ???

:>::
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Buzz wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:23 pm
pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:56 am
Buzz wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:27 pm
Did Murdoch call it the National R&%$#(s League?

No, so stop blaming him for the facts of the matter: people don't trust rugby league or its players or its fans. That is why it has the crowds it has!!

The fans don't want to be around each because they know they are all dodge central....
Murdoch did come up with that name actually!
Are you ******** :thumbleft: ???

:>::
Don't think so
He isnt banned from the Fight club .
Only the craziest get shunted out of there .
Know anyone Buzz who can't post in there ..
:(/ :(/ :(/
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

It was the Crawford report and it was commissioned by the AFL.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 am
Interesting article on the past 30 years of expansion of Australian rules football at the elite level. From broke and out to the number 1 sporting code in Australia.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.the ... f-stopping

More people watch Rugby League - meaning more popular. The most popular code would make it the number 1 code in Australia :thumbleft:

But, but , but , but Friday night but , but but revenue, but but crowds but, but , but :rock:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

You know as well as I know it exists . It may have been more than 30 years ago but it exists.

Popularity isn't based on a survey . its based on having more viewers.

The show that got the most ratings was the most viewed show of the year was Origin 1.

Any rating surveys that have the AFL in front only count 5 cities, or divide League into different categories or maybe they come from AFL house.

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

You know ratings boxes are surveys don’t you?

Rl is basically confined by and large to qld and nsw albeit for minor presences outside this day for nt where it’s a bit bigger. Australian Rules is played at grassroots in large numbers Rl can only dream of right across the nation.

The afl a clearly the biggest sporting organisation in the country.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:37 am
You know ratings boxes are surveys don’t you?

Rl is basically confined by and large to qld and nsw albeit for minor presences outside this day for nt where it’s a bit bigger. Australian Rules is played at grassroots in large numbers Rl can only dream of right across the nation.

The afl a clearly the biggest sporting organisation in the country.

Rugby League rates as well or better in Melbourne as the AFL do in Sydney

You call the AFL whatever you like, Anything at al, but not most popular because that would simply be a lie.

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Nope... i never said more popular .... biggest .. number 1 sporting organisation ..... but it by is far more popular. You are using ratings as the sole determinator. And cumulative totals at that. What about all the other indicators ? Crowds, revenue, participation, national footprint, club registered players .... sponsorship, tv rights deal, so many other indicators to say it is bigger and more popular.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Do you think the NRL would be putting this on there website if it wasn't true?
Rugby League is Australia’s most entertaining and popular sport.
=D =D =D

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

There is absolutely no way a major company would make a claim like that on the front page of its website if the claim wasn't accurate. The legal implications would be shattering.
Tv ratings may not be an exact science , but it's the most accurate measurement of tv viewers that we have. Debated only by people who don't like the results. When the yearly results continue to come out the same way than even the thickest naysayer's need to rethink there position.

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:06 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
You know as well as I know it exists . It may have been more than 30 years ago but it exists.
Actually I dont. And Ive done a fair bit of research on this. You apparently havent. NO report issued at the time said expand or die. The decision to expand was approved literally by one vote - and even that had to be obtained by bribing the director of Fitzroy.
Popularity isn't based on a survey . its based on having more viewers.
TV ratings are literally a survey. It uses a small number of people to predict the entire amount. Others have done surveys with different results.
The show that got the most ratings was the most viewed show of the year was Origin 1.
Ratings are a survey. Get it through your thick fucking head.
Any rating surveys that have the AFL in front only count 5 cities, or divide League into different categories or maybe they come from AFL house.
No they dont. And no they dont. And none of the surveys come from AFL house.

Do better.
Merry festive season Wookie my friend. I trust you had quality time with your nearest and dearest!!!

Now down to business: Wow!! Where to start with your latest rantings Wooksie. So now you are bagging the TV ratings system?? My friend - your collating of ratings is your biggest asset (some say it's your only asset but I digress lololol).

I fear that your achilles heel has once again reared it's ugly head. Yes.......your raging AFL bias has forced you to denigrate what you do best - count ratings numbers. Because RL has completely obliterated the Australian Fumbling League in this years ratings you have inexplicably turned on yourself. Ouch!!!!!

So you now say TV ratings are only a survey? I call complete and utter BS!!!! This is what Oztam says:

"OzTAM TV ratings are audience estimates based on actual viewing behaviour in 5,250 panel homes in Australia's five mainland capital cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth - and 2,120 homes nationally for subscription television."

Yep. Ratings are based on ACTUAL viewing behaviour. They are not a survey. You Wooksie of all people should and do know this my friend. A survey is some organisation ringing or collecting information by asking people questions. Ratings are a box in their home that cannot lie. Chalk and cheese.

I have advised you in the past Wooksie that your rampant bias ruins any contribution you make on any site you visit. Please take the tip my friend. Be more thoughtful. Be more objective. And honestly have some humour in your posts. You sound like a very angry man. Why???
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The discussion came about re: I believe my comment on afl being the biggest sporting organisation or number 1 sporting organisation in Australia .... which it clearly is .... however pussy started on about Rl being most popular. Nothing to do with biggest bit hey. Anyway He based this on tv ratings... specifically cumulative ratings for the year. It was pointed out that this is indeed one measure but he fails to consider other measures ... which have been pointed out again... and other ratings data. And terry ... we have one ke .... and whilst I am sure he is flattered by he immitation you are clever enough (I hope) to find your own shicht
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:31 pm
The discussion came about re: I believe my comment on afl being the biggest sporting organisation or number 1 sporting organisation in Australia .... which it clearly is .... however pussy started on about Rl being most popular. Nothing to do with biggest bit hey. Anyway He based this on tv ratings... specifically cumulative ratings for the year. It was pointed out that this is indeed one measure but he fails to consider other measures ... which have been pointed out again... and other ratings data. And terry ... we have one ke .... and whilst I am sure he is flattered by he immitation you are clever enough (I hope) to find your own shicht
The discussion came about when you disputed my claim that Rugby League is the most popular sport in the country, backed up by the sport having the most viewers, and supported by the NRL website. . The size of a person dick has little to do with his popularity or anything else that you waffle on about Fred.