AFL Memberships

Australian Football news and discussion.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Re: AFL Memberships

Post by TLPG »

Hmmm!

Highlights/lowlights for me;

1. All clubs up in the last month except for Collingwood and St.Kilda. Collingwood are still number 1 despite that. The drop at St.Kilda is substantive and not really surprising.

2. The biggest jump is Port Adelaide followed by Adelaide. I think SA footy fans have fallen in love with the new Adelaide Oval, and having seen it from the outside I'm not surprised. Can't wait to see it from the inside and the sooner the better (won't be this season though).

3. Not suprised that the lowest are the two youngest, Gold Coast and West Sydney.

4. Compared to the end of 2013 Carlton's drop has been almost as bad as St.Kilda's and again that's not suprising the way the Blues have been playing this year. It remains to be seen if the clubs that are behind can catch up by the end of the 2014 season.

5. The big figures when it comes to record comparison are St.Kilda (again) and Brisbane. The Lions are definitely struggling and the sooner the off field equalisation stragedy is put in place the better, because I think that's what's hurting them the most - combined with the aftershocks of their board shake up.

6. The big positive in the end though is that the combined figures show that memberships are up. 2014 is already another record year with 800,000 members pretty much guaranteed. The question I have is that how long will it be before the total breaks 1 million?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL Memberships

Post by Swans4ever »

Very interesting the rise in members in NSW now only more or less half WA or SA - with RL now pushing memberships hard I wonder if that will have a flow on to GWS and Swans - The Storm clearly benefit from a membership culture in Victoria that NRL clubs in Sydney don't have - Just a thought.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS