Disgusting Umpiring at the SCG today

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Disgusting Umpiring at the SCG today

Post by Beaussie »

Can't believe how bad it was. Razor Ray should never get another game. Fucking disgraceful and went a long way to ensuring the Swans would not win today. :evil: :evil: :evil:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Okay, okay, Beau, I'm putting on my orange shirt here - and I'm going to ask you for specifics.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by kaskill »

Razor ray is a ridiculous umpire! The AFL know it...
Will they act on it? NO. Not untill he costs a team a grand final.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Will he get a GF?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

Who knows with the clowns that run the league KE! he probably will #-o for the sake of footy I hope not!!!
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0

Post by AFL Warrior »

The umpiring was exceptional and the Warrior looks forward to seeing Razor Ray at this years AFL Grand Final, his umpiring is inspirational =D>
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Come on you lot! I want specifics.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

It was all the 50:50 decisions that favoured the Dockers and the ridiculous 50m (what appeared to be 80m) penalties resulting in goals. Not to mention that flea Ballantyne being rewarded for baiting players. Thinking here the goal then free kick right in front of goal in the 3rd quarter after Grundy had no other option but to jumper punch (soft as) that fucking Ballantyne in order to defend himself after that flea got in his face. Seriouly, I've never seen such a biased, incompetent display by the umpires in all the years I've been following football. Likewise I've never seen or heard a crowd react all game like I did on Sunday at the SCG. The umpires were rightly booed everytime they touched the ball. As other fans were saying, we pay to go watch the footballers not ego driven umpires wanting all the spotlight. As far as I'm concerned Razor Ray should be dropped for a few weeks.

I for one would like to see the Swans seek a please explain from the Geish. Would even be happy for the Swans to slam the umpires and cop a fine. Was so ropable on Sunday and despite the frustration of seeing my team have lapses in concentration, the result should not have been determined by the umpires with 6-7 free kick goals. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Please tell me how this is a 50m penalty. And a whooping 50m penalty as the commentators mention. FFS, Kennelly was trying to give the ball to the Freo player rather than throw it.

Oh and what about this 50m penalty from that other dog of an umpire Ritchie. What you can't even ask a question now of these fucking merkins?

TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

First vid;
One thing that umpires do (and it's the right thing to do) when the game looks like getting out of hand is get on top of it with technical free kicks. I do it, and so do many other good umpires who know how important it is to keep the game going and under control. The jumper punch by itself was soft, I agree - but look how long in the replay that the Swans player had ahold of his jumper for. My guess is that Ray told him to let go, and his response was the soft punch. So Ray may in fact have penalised him for disciplinary reasons. That's what happens when things are hot, and I agree with Ray's decision here.

I will say (given that it wasn't on video) that if Ballantyne was doing any harassing it should have been nipped in the bud as well. The trouble is the old rule of footy - it's the retaliator that always gets caught.

Second vid;
Nope, the 50 was right. Kenneally took WAY too long giving the ball to his opponent. The 50 had already been paid when he gave him the ball. And it wasn't 80 metres and BT should be ashamed of himself. The kick was on the edge of the centre square at the back half. The centre square's length is 45 metres. Now I do agree that it was a bit long (I would say it was about 60 metres). The mark should have been between the centre square line forward and the 50 metre arc.

Third vid;
I agree that this 50 was soft and I wouldn't have paid it. However it wasn't given for backchat. It was given because he was "too slow" giving the ball back. Unlike the second vid, I think he was in time and the 50 shouldn't have been paid.

Thanks for those vids, Beau. They are far better than written descriptions.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

Disgraceful.. Its meant to be a mans game yet they get weasels to umpire? :roll:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I'm with you kaskill. Still very peeved at the treatment of the Swans by the umpires on Sunday. Sure technically all may be there, my point is however that the minor infringements against the Swans were left unchecked all day. Some consistency is all we ask.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Well on consistency all I can say is that it's the old bugbear that dates back to when the three umpire system was first introduced. It's never been allowed to settle down at elite level, because since then we've had at least one rule change every year or something close to it.

So blame the rule makers for the lack of consistency, not the umpires.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie
Team: hawthorn+ south sydney

Re: Disgusting Umpiring at the SCG today

Post by vandyk »

guys its only preseason just pray it improves
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Disgusting Umpiring at the SCG today

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
He's a bright one
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o