Which comp is higher quality?

Discussion about grassroots football and regional footy leagues.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Which comp is higher quality?

Post by King-Eliagh »

I've noticed on TFC that TLPG and cwacker seem to believe that the CAFL is stronger than the Sydney footy league...one of you suggested that the CAFL is so strong that, without knowing who I am, I would surely find it difficult to make the cut... I find this strange and am wondering what the pair of you are going off to make such a judgement? Have you observed both leagues? Have you seen me play?

In my opinion the pair of you are very wrong. Having played in both leagues I can assure you that the Sydney league not only has countless more teams but also is of a much higher standard.

:wink:

Just saying it like it is.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Which comp is higher quality?

Post by TLPG »

You are a liar, KE. Sydney in the lower grades (which is where they'll take anyone) is weak. The CAFL has always been strong and competitive, particularly the town competition prior to the merger. I've known this since around 1993/1994 thanks to my score collection and reading reports from the Centralian Advocate, and my umpiring in Sydney for a short period while I was living in Canberra. It's why I was sceptical of the Hills Eagles and Sydney Uni going into the NEAFL, feeling that they would not be competitive. On the other side of the coin I expected the Northern Territory team to be ultra competitive. It's also why the Sydney Reserves played in the ACTAFL before the creation of the NEAFL - the Sydney league was too weak (heck they had to cut their team back to give the others a chance against them!).

For someone who insists that you played in both leagues, you are going out of your way to prove that you didn't without even realising it. Yes I haven't seen the CAFL in action, but I've read enough about it and spoken to the CAFL office enough times to get a feel for the strength of the competition. It would not surprise me if some of the best NTFL players go down to the Alice to play making for a full 12 months of footy.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: A score collection and reading about it in the advocate??? Is that the only way you know one comp might be more competitive than another? :lol:

Look Sydney lower grades, below div 3 are low quality, understandably. But so too would the CAFL lower grades if they had them. There's not enough teams to have as many. When I was there were only 2 divisions.

Hilarious LG. Comon champ, I'm talking about the competitiveness of both comps. Seeing and playing in both leagues tells you the difference. Reading a paper which has the objective of promoting local sports and looking at scores cannot I'm afraid.

You're really showing your ignorance here LG. Comon mate. It's time to fold that dusty old centralian advocate and acknowledge that someone who's played and viewed both leagues would know better than yourself.

:D

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs
Been liked: 0

Post by Cracker »

I have viewed the CAFL, King Eliagh, and read the Centralian Advocate and I can tell you from knowing some of the people who work there they are not promoters. Indeed one time there was some argument between the paper and the league over the reporting of an incident involving Adrian McAdam (Gilbert's brother).

Also I state that you need to focus again. In the opening entry you talk about quality, and then when TLPG addresses this subject you change it to competitiveness. The two are not the same, so it seems you are moving the goal posts in order to maintain your advantage. So tell me, who would win a match between Pioneers seniors in the CAFL and the team you claim to play for in Sydney in the lower division (assuming that TLPG's assumption is correct)? If your answer is your team in Sydney, then it will prove you have never seen the game at Tragear Park. The skills shown are tremendous in the Alice.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh, my apologies for saying competitiveness. I meant quality. That's what ive always been on about so my apologies for the slip up.

Ah the McAdams, good players, I've run round/trained with one of em up there.

As for your question. I find it absurd you guys are talking about lower div teams in Sydney vs Pioneers top side...???

I'm talking about quality across the board and I can tell you now the Uni of Sydneys first div side would wipe the floor with any team in the CAFL. I've trained with USYD and other Sydney clubs as well as a highly successful side in CAFL. It was like two diff worlds. Don't get me wrong, the more relaxed and easy going nature of training in Mparntwe was great and suited me better as I wasn't trying to be some top level athlete. Then went to Sydney and it was like shiiiiiiit these guys train hard and have some superior training methods. And the quality of their play shows it.

I mean why is no Central Aus team in the NEAFL? Yet Uni of Sydney made it?

The quality of teams in a direct comparison division for division shows the Sydney league is much stronger imo. Again, I've played and trained in both. Neither of you two have so its a shame you have the arrogance to think you're right on this one. It kinda makes yas look foolish, quite foolish.

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

I don't know why I'm wasting my time talking to you, King Eliagh. The training at the town clubs when I was there was tough and hard. I don't know where you get this "relaxed and easy going nature of training" nonsense from. I can't speak for the community clubs of course as they trained on their own community ovals and only played for points at Traeger Park.

I would also suggest (and maybe TLPG can confirm this as he seems to know more about it) that the NT Thunder side have a Central Australian presence.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

My club trained hard too but nowhere near as hard as usyd.

NT thunder do have a centralian presence, I've watched em play at traeger. This doesn't change my main point which for some reason you cant comprehend. Sydney League is stronger. How a person who confesses to have such knowledge of the game at grass roots like TLPG can think this could not be the case is quite amusing. As is your illegitimate position and discussion on the matter cracker.

Carry on if you must. But you'll look more intelligent if you turn the corner and see the light on this one.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Oh we have a club now do we? How convenient that it's one of the NEAFL clubs. Of course they train hard at that level - but you don't train with them unless you play at that level, KE - and you DON'T! Division 5. Has to be. And Pioneers seniors would thrash Sydney Uni Division 5! Sydney Uni NEAFL would thrash Pioneers. Said for some seriously needed perspective!

Do I have proof? Yep. Who topped the ladder in Division 5? Camden. I umpired them years ago and the standard of play was poor. That's why they are down in that division. Now to call the CAFL as bad as that is an insult! Wasn't it you who lauded the skills of the Aborigines in the communities? What - suddenly they don't have the skills to compete with a backwater like SAFL Division 5?? How good is Lytentye Apurte? And they finished fifth in the CAFL in 2013! Come on - are they that good in the communities or not?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Jesus Christ lg take your hand off it!

1. Never played div 5 in my life
2. I never said cafl was the same level as div 5 sydney. I said the sydney league is stronger. And it is. The top Div 2 sydney sides would beat the top div two cafl sides. And the same would go for div 1. Therefore the league is stronger. Simple.

Contort my argument like that again and ill be reporting you to moderators. It's really poor form tlpg.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

The whole point of this argument you used in the OP derives from the old argument as to whether or not you've played the game, KE!! So your attempt to bring in the Sydney Uni NEAFL team as a core point is simply a smokescreen to cover your own inadequacies. So if anyone is contorting matters it's you.

Fact - judging by your general knowledge of the game (or lack thereof) there is no way you would play any higher than Division 5. Not only that, it's at that level and only that level that the incident you described breaking your wrist could possibly have happened. There's no way professional trainers like those in the NEAFL or even Premier Division would have allowed you to play on!

My argument has always been that you never played in the CAFL. Seniors or reserves. And you constantly prove that with all of your past arguments. Not only that - here's another point of proof. If you were in Alice Springs in 2010 or later (the claim that you saw the Thunder at Traeger Park limits your timeline to then) you would be aware of the CAFL Code of Conduct. And yet you want the biff - which said Code was applied to wipe out!

So your lies are continuing, and I will continue to call them out on this thread supported by the facts of what is actually going on!

If anyone needs to get their hand off it, Daryl (TM The Castle), it's you.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

You silly git I never attempted to bring in nor played for a syd neafl team. They weren't even in that league when I olayed there ;)

You're flying off on tangents like a madman again lg. all over the shop.

Simple question. Winner of div 2 in syd comp v winner div 2 cafl. Who wins?

Haha and the stuff about the injury from you is bollocks. If a player does not feel the injury is severe enough and plays on he doesn't get taken off. I stayed down for about ten seconds then got up and played on. Beaussie saw the moment and it was well under div 5, the comp you seem to get gigs umpiring in chumpo :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh and just FYI. After one season in div two in the cafl the div one coach pulled me aside and said you'll make div 1 next year.

;)

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

I consider that last statement to be completely untrue, King Eliagh. Especially as no team in Division 2 has ever had a team in Division 1 in the CAFL. They are two different sets of clubs entirely.

I agree with TLPG. This is not about competition quality at the top level of both leagues. It is about competition quality where you actually played. And if you played in the lower divisions of the Sydney competition you would never have got a game in the CAFL.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cracker wrote:
I agree with TLPG. This is not about competition quality at the top level of both leagues. It is about competition quality where you actually played. And if you played in the lower divisions of the Sydney competition you would never have got a game in the CAFL.

Sorry champ but I brought this matter up, not TLPG, so I'm the one who states what this is about i.e. what I meant by saying the quality is better in Sydney. Sheezus how arrogant are you jerks??? I've seen and watched div 2 in both comps. Ive seen and played div 2 and 3 in both comps. The Sydney football league is of higher quality in both div 1 and 2. When I played in central aus there was no div 3.

[quote"cwacker"]I consider that last statement to be completely untrue, King Eliagh. Especially as no team in Division 2 has ever had a team in Division 1 in the CAFL. They are two different sets of clubs entirely.[/quote]

:?> Seriously? I think you're well wrong there. Please explain what on earth you are trying to say as when I played most clubs had teams in both div 1 and div 2...

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

So let me get this straight. You insist that you played Division 2 in the CAFL right? No you did not. Division 2 was introduced in 2012 and you were playing in Sydney by then!! Well??

Sprung again, liar!! Which is right, huh??

There's absolutely no way you could have played in Division 2 or 3 in Sydney. No way. Your knowledge is too limited to get by. Division 4 at the absolute maximum, but I still say Division 5 because of the way your injury was handled. It was unprofessional and just plain wrong.

Oh and you are not a moderator of this forum so don't tell either of us what this is all about. We know what it's all about. It's about you desperately trying to regain your lost credibility over your LACK of knowledge of the game. I don't know much about Cracker's experience, but I know I have you pegged by miles on that through my project and my umpiring. And you can't stand it!

I'm sure there's going to be another excuse coming, and I'll only respond if you name the CAFL club you played. Of course you don't have the guts to do that.

One last thing, Elmer Fudd (cwacker indeed). Ehhhhhhhh what's up, Doc?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST