Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

We are Wanderers!

Post by Scorger Man »

I love the fact that the Western Sydney Wanderers are leading the A League Comp in their inaugural year!!

Can any one tell me (seriously, I'm keen to know from any of you sport nuts out there) of any team/s in history who've entered an already established national competition and had the success that the WSW has had this year.

That's raised more interest for me this year then any big names returning, in-house bullying or sport doping stories!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: We are Wanderers!

Post by Beaussie »

Um Melbourne Storm in the NRL made the grand final in their first season and the won the premiership in their second.

Goes to show what's possible when a team is owned by the governing body (FFA Wanderers / NRL Storm). Think about the outrage in AFL circles if the Giants or Suns were to be as successful in their first seasons? They cop enough shit as is being flogged most weeks. There would be outrage expressed at the AFL if what happens in soccer and rugby league was allowed to happen in Australian Football. Perspective 8-[
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

Yep you're right they are the goods!!

Question Beaussie, why are you still carrying the torch for this blah de blah blah soap opera of who has the bigger dick out of AFL, NRL and whatever else?

I thought that soapie "The Bold and the Beautiful" was bad enough where you can pick up the story line after not watching it for a few months - try a few years like this site!!

You couldn't even answer my question, just wanted to write off the NRL and FFA.

Question MarkZZZ, as moderator shouldn't this be demoted back to the peanut gallery they call "the fight club"? I understand that Beaussie is the site administrator but in light of a fair go for all, shouldn't his comment (which laid no bearing to the original post - just a cheap shot to talk up his own allegiances) be relegated back to the tape measure team?

I have the capacity in my love of sport to take on many differing sports and many differing codes. I respect and enjoy many for the skill, talent and personality each of them bring.

I could be cheering Steve Glasson on in the lawn bowls, I could be shouting "Hersi" as he flies down the right flank for the Wanderers, I could be jumping up and down as Edwards bags on on the fly for the mighty Tigers - I like sports for what they are - Sports - entertaining, enjoyable and diverse - Try it some time
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

I don't expect too much more of this type of comment here, you expect Beau to put some sort of twist on it to make it look like a bad thing that a new team given the right coditions and environment is able to succeed. The support the Wanderers get is a good thing but heard on the news tonight that there was another incident with a Wanderers fan in Melbourne. That's not good thing.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

Thanks MZ, good to hear.

Hey I didn't hear about the Wanderers fan, not good by the sounds,
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by 214Four »

who do you sing for??
How entertaining is the A-league competition getting. Its the perfect comp to follow as you wait for the high two to restart up.

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
Thresher
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by Thresher »

we won our first season because we were very good, not because we were owned by the governing body