Micky O and the Peach, Champions

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Micky O and the Peach, Champions

Post by Scorger Man »

My work has just run a week long camp for Indigenous high School students of which we had the pleasure of getting Michael O'Loughlin and David Peachey to speak to the students at the formal dinner. Both of them spoke really well to the students about sticking at school and taking opportunities with two hands that are put to them. The students had the opportunity to speak to both players and get photos after they spoke and Mick and Dave have both offered their support for any future events we hold. The kids were absolutely stoked as were we, the staff. They were given jerseys that we had made up for the camp of which Dave was seen wearing the next day at a NAIDOC function. It may not of been a big thing for them to come and speak to us all but it meant heaps for the kids who have all gone back to their communities with the right attitude about their futures and two examples of role models giving back to their communities. Thanks guys, you done good. =D>
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by LisaJ »

Yes I heard all about that and how someone (who shall remain nameless) was absolutely ecstatic about O'Lachlan appearing. Unfortunately my friend did not get her autograph.

However, I find that it is often rewarding and also empowering for both player and also young person when players attend functions like this and pass on their thoughts and encouragement.

O'Lachlan and Peachy are not just a credit to their communities but also a credit to their clubs.
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

the peach is a legend he never forgets where he comes from either as he comes back to the central west and workds tirelessly for young fellas out here