Private Health Insurance

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Yamirra19 »

I have stated why I would never vote Green Lee Rhinanan done over my mob. But I have also never voted liberal and never will.

I pay a hell of a lot of tax and get sweet fa back when I do my tax I ony get my union dues back grrrrrrrrrrrr they take it for my Medicare Levy so tell me why should I pay for private health I am paying heavily for Medicare already.

I want Johnny browntoungue Howard gone gone gone he never should of gotten in power in the first place grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr red neck that he is
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Yeah I've always had a problem with the private health funds getting tax payer dollars through subsidies. Makes you sick just thinking about it considering they always put their premiums up anyway. Why not put all the subsidies from the taxpayer into the public health system and medicare? Why do we really need a private health system anyway if the government does what it is responsible for in realtion to health in the first place.

If people want to pay for private health insurance, fine, just don't expect to take a public hospital bed for your surgery FFS. Where does all the subsidies to the private health sector go anyway? :evil:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Yamirra, do you have private insurance? If so, do you pay FULL private insurance?

I'm asking because I think the biggest problem with private insurance is that too many people don't take out full private insurance. They only do it in bits. That's why (as Beau observed) they get subsidies. I like the Medicare surcharge but it doesn't go far enough. Not only that, I think those who do take out full private insurance should be rewarded with a lower Medicare levy.

And Beau is spot on - no one with private insurance should occupy a public bed.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Yamirra19 »

Why Should I pay private insureance when I pay out most of my tax on the medicare levy I get nothing back every year I pay over 11,000 in tax and get nothing back by the time I pay the tax guy it sucks literally
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Are you getting hit with the Medicare surcharge, Yamirra?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

I had to get privat health insurance before i hit 30 or they were gunna slug me big time. it sucks, had it two years and never been to the doctors even. I guess it's a good safety net but i'm not seeing the benefits yet.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

When you need to use it, you'll see the benefits. Safety nets are always useful.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Yamirra19 »

yes I get slugged every tax time with the medicare levy nothing left for me and i dont owe nothing to government grrrrrrrrrrrr so why should I join private health fund when I am already paying
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Because the private system needs the money in order to take the pressure off the public system - which is needed to support those who are not working.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

Beaussie wrote:
Gee that's the first I've heard about that. Which community are we talking about?
and you won't too many hand shakes from all parties over many years have ensured that it remains hush hush ... but I assure you we have toxins seeping into our river system of which we get our towns water supply :x

and as for Lee Rhiannons Ice bill :roll:
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Yamirra19 »

Why pay private if I am already paying for Medicare I cant afford both :)
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

If you are getting slugged extra for not taking out private insurance - you can afford it. You pay the Medicare Levy to support those who can't afford private insurance. It's called helped out your fellow man.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Yamirra19 »

I still dont get it so if I was to take out private health insureance this means I will get more back in my tax as I will pay less Medicare levy is that what your getting at :)
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

If you are presently paying the Medicare Levy surcharge, the answer is yes.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

Its not worth it the cost of health insurance and the levy costs especially for a family :roll: