Another self appointed token football 'leader'

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Another self appointed token football 'leader'

Post by Grim Reaper »

Oh well looks like Adam Goodes can join his new unelected chum in being the voice of Aboriginal people!

The debate came as a second footballer, this time from another code, joined the Howard Government's National Indigenous Council. Dean Widders, who plays for the Parramatta Eels in the National Rugby League, will join Sydney Swans AFL player Adam Goodes
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Oh dear, Dean Widders as a voice for Aboriginal people. The same wanker that said rugby league was the choice of sport for Aboriginal people. :roll:

Perhaps Goodes can set him straight with some facts about Aboriginal participation numbers in Australian Football.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Looks like the whole unelcted mob called the National Wankey Council are losers!
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

they are more so mentors for Koori kids ... but not losers they wouldnt be where they are ... but we dont have elections and really everything should be going thru the elders anywhere which is more culturally appropriate
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

In my community, I wouldnt be asking elders for anything..most of them are perpetrators of some sort and not good role models..
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

not all are though
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

Didn't say all communities are like that, but the majority are..
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

I don't agree ... yes some should be speared for their crimes but we know itsthe ststen and how flawed it is :(
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

yes, lets blame the system for everything...its the system's fault that everythings stuffed up...no one has to take responsibility for their choices and how they impact on the community...but lets blame the system
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

I never said that ... I believe people should take responsibility and if they were gonna get speared they would think twice with some crimes especially protecting our kids ... but yeah the system is flawed big time under resourced services to service our communities is a major concern $$$$
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Lisa, Yeenar has a good point. Education is needed - and if the education isn't getting there (and I'm talking in practical terms rather than methaphorical - if you see what I'm getting at) one has to blame the system for not doing it's job. You can't blame the individual for something that wasn't their fault for not being there to begin with.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

I know what Yeenar was getting at its just that I work in a job where lots of people blame the system but they refuse to take responsibility for their action...

Education is a key, but you can't educate those who don't want to be educated, and this is both Indigenous and non-Indigenous...some people like having their heads stuck in the sand.

Its just that we can't bring back spearing, so we have to do something else, and blaming the system is a cop out, why not take responsbility for their actions and how their choices impact on the community...prime example is the Swan Valley commumity...how many more "leaders" out there who are like the ones there?
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

I understand the blame game garbage from both sides of the fence ... but the chances of any progress wont happen under this Government anyway