Battle Of Brisbane 2024

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
azif
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Albury Thunder
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Battle Of Brisbane 2024

Post by azif »

Fred wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:32 am
I think two things have stood out this year - Brisbane and Gold Coadt on main channel on 7 and a magazine afl footy show on main channel on 7 at a regular viewing time - not 1 in the morning. Think it rates okay too for that slot.
ch 7 are forced to put local afl teams on their main channel in NSW & QLD as part of the present media rights deal , not because there is any extra demand

oh & they rate like a flea ridden dog too :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

azif wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 am
I think two things have stood out this year - Brisbane and Gold Coadt on main channel on 7 and a magazine afl footy show on main channel on 7 at a regular viewing time - not 1 in the morning. Think it rates okay too for that slot.
ch 7 are forced to put local afl teams on their main channel in NSW & QLD as part of the present media rights deal , not because there is any extra demand

Is that correct ? Cause I just thought they had to have it on live and I’m sure past year it was predominantly on 7mate - but I watch on Fox so may have missed the switch.

And it’s still good that the Fromt Bar is shown - and on the main channel.
Veni, vidi, vici
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Bbear »

Fred wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:30 pm

Is that correct ? Cause I just thought they had to have it on live and I’m sure past year it was predominantly on 7mate - but I watch on Fox so may have missed the switch.

It will make a big difference for the game telecasts to be shown on the main channel and this is probably due to increased viewer demand.
The Front Bar is a superb show that shines a comic light hearted look at footy events and personalitys including famous past players., rates very strongly all around Australia .and shown at the reasonable time of 8.30 in Brisbane and Sydney.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2024/04/front- ... seven.html
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Bbear wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:18 pm

It will make a big difference for the game telecasts to be shown on the main channel and this is probably due to increased viewer demand.
The Front Bar is a superb show that shines a comic light hearted look at footy events and personalitys including famous past players., rates very strongly all around Australia .and shown at the reasonable time of 8.30 in Brisbane and Sydney.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2024/04/front- ... seven.html
8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

sad little deluded fumblers thinking Ch 7 being forced to show the fumbles & fumbles on their main channel in NSW & QLD is due to increased demand :lol: :lol: :rofl: :(/ :(/

But the ratings suggest fumblers are morons
& there is as much demand as there always has been .... next to none :cool:
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

wrong
the afl demanded it , a % of the local games & other content in NSW & QLD .. must be shown on the main channel as part of the present deal & the new deal starting in 2025 too

that panel show with sam pang rates like dog vomit in NSW & QLD & would have been pulled long ago if it wasn't for this new arrangement
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Manly
Been liked: 3 times

Post by GlobalRugbyLeague »

Will be interesting to see if they add a 5th Queensland NRL side in the next 5-10 years. It would likely be a replacement for the previous South Queensland Crushers.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:40 pm
Will be interesting to see if they add a 5th Queensland NRL side in the next 5-10 years. It would likely be a replacement for the previous South Queensland Crushers.

I think it could be accommodated quite easily - maybe out to Ipswich area.
Veni, vidi, vici
Skippy Steve
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Skippy Steve »

I don't know why the sniffers are so upset because the same thing can be said about showing more Thugby coverage on Channel 9 instead of Gem down in Melbourne.
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:40 pm
the Jets..
the SW corridor out to Ipswich will be team 20 entering in 2032 for the media rights deal starting in that year
Perth comes in within this deal , probs 2026 team 18

the Christchurch Orcas enter with the Jets in 2032 NZ2 , playing out of the new 700m new 30K seat indoor stadium Te Kaha

the lions drop to 4th in Brisbane instantly , 6th in QLD
bye bye fumbelball , it was nice while it lasted :wink:

the NRL
unstoppable in Australasia ATM :cool:
Last edited by azif on Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Skippy Steve wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:25 pm
I don't know why the sniffers are so upset because the same thing can be said about showing more Thugby coverage on Channel 9 instead of Gem down in Melbourne.
except we're not deluded morons who think its as a result of extra demand :cool: