State of Origin 2018: Ticket sales for game one so slow MCG could be half-empty

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: State of Origin 2018: Ticket sales for game one so slow MCG could be half-empty

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol the yearly bullshit ....soo crap begins
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: State of Origin 2018: Ticket sales for game one so slow MCG could be half-empty

Post by Beaussie »

Perhaps it’s history repeating itself in Melbourne.

Remember the dwindling crowds last time regular RL SoO games were taken to Melbourne? So embarrassing were the crowds, that games ceased being played in Melbourne for nearly a decade. The novelty of RL wears off pretty quickly with Victorians history shows. Look at the Storm and their minuscule crowds compared to AFL clubs and imagine a few seasons where they are not winning premierships or making finals. Kaput!
State Of Origin - Game 2, 1994
Date:8-Jun-1994 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 87161

State Of Origin - Game 2, 1995
Date:31-May-1995 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 52994

State Of Origin - Game 2, 1997
Date:11-Jun-1997 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 25105
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:39 pm
Perhaps it’s history repeating itself in Melbourne.

Remember the dwindling crowds last time regular RL SoO games were taken to Melbourne? So embarrassing were the crowds, that games ceased being played in Melbourne for nearly a decade. The novelty of RL wears off pretty quickly with Victorians history shows. Look at the Storm and their minuscule crowds compared to AFL clubs and imagine a few seasons where they are not winning premierships or making finals. Kaput!
State Of Origin - Game 2, 1994
Date:8-Jun-1994 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 87161

State Of Origin - Game 2, 1995
Date:31-May-1995 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 52994

State Of Origin - Game 2, 1997
Date:11-Jun-1997 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 25105
Welcome back Beatup!!!!! Great contribution lolololololololo!!! Maybe go to the ratings thread's if ya game pal!!!!! Lollololoololololololololol.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Oh......and Wookie....same to you pal!!! How's the Shanghai & GWS crowds going?? And check out the tv ratings threads as well my friend. Your silence has been predictably predictable!!!!

Wookie says, "It's all too hard, I can't get the numbers, yes the AFL is down but I don't know by how much" man up Wookie and tell the truth or stop reporting on ratings my friend!!!

Yep. Big year for the old girl Rugby League and a horrendous year for the fumbling game. Who woulda known?? Not the 'expert' Wookie that's for sure!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Wookie
Sucked in by Slothfield ...you should know better .

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... d378cf0c54

More than 50,000 general public tickets have been sold so far for the June 6 clash at the MCG, which does not take into account corporate boxes or the large MCC members’ area.

🤣
Xman wrote
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

hear hear to that>>

everytime BUZZ releases an article its shown up by another article
or a release by the NRL> as plain wrong or facts twisted.

the NRL are expecting 80K + for Game 1

and also over 3.6million in viewers lol
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wookie! Sounds like you owe us all an apology for soelreading garbage on our boards!!

And from a man in such an esteemed high role here at talking footy [-X

Get on your knees and apologise to your members Wookie!

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Members I've reported wookies opening post as spreading false information. I urge others to do the same.

On review of the reported post I suggest Wookie receive a formal board warning

:)

xman wrote:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Oh dear. A little mea culpa from the dullard Buzz in today's DT lolololololololl. He got it wrong lololololol!!!!! Well slap me all over with a wet lettuce...…...who woulda known?????????

As I've always said on these pages - research & checking sources are your friend if you want to be taken seriously!!!!

And it ain't that hard: A punter on social media said he bought tickets over a month ago & saw that the site listed sales at that time of 36,100 - over a month ago!!!! Then the dullard Buzz said in yesterdays DT they were currently less than 20k lolololololololo!!!!! Massive fail Buzz!!!!!

And thanks Wookie for posting this 'story' lololololololololol. It highlights the base stupidity of Buzz and his mates & the readiness of some folk to swallow it hook, line & sinker!!!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wookies a strong nominee for thread fail of the year :lol:

Tho I gotta say the afl sellout in China is gunna be tough to beat!

Ahhh our afl fans, bless em, they are always the top fail contenders :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:47 pm
posting a news article fucktards. Its what we do. It doesnt mean we believe the contents, I didnt add my own comments or analysis you fucking prima donnas.

:rofl: you wanna re-read the title and tell us all what you tried to imply with that?

Don't you dare lie to us now Wookie. Or I'll report your post again! :lol:

Why did you post this Wookie? Answer me! The truth Wookie, the truth will set you free!!!

:lol:

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
It's a yearly fumbler thing .

& a yearly fumbler fail

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oi!!!

Pipe it down right now Wookie!! I don't wanna order you away from talking footy for another 80 days like last time!

Just settle down and use your breathing, in, and out. Now sit down and just chill the fukk out! Ok now get up, drink a warm glass of milo, have a little chew of your favourite bikkies and again, tell us all ....

did you or did you not post the aforementioned article to incite and/or gloat, and/or laugh at, and/or suggest the SOO is not of interest to melbournians?

Now sip that comforting warm milk again, envisage a sunny morn in natural green grasslands with a trickling brook and birds singing, breath in open your eyes and answer to the members with pure honesty and truth :)

:)

xman wrote:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Interesting discrepancy in reported Origin I ticket sales numbers (self.nrl)

... ticket sales for Origin I are yet to break past 20,000 — just 11 days before the big game. Sales are expected to pick up in the final 10 days with promotions, free give-aways and membership interest expected to push sales past 40,000.

However in this article, posted today, it says there have already been 55,000 tickets sold.

... a crowd expected to be in excess of 80,000, with more than 55,000 general public tickets having already been sold.

Last edited by pussycat on Wed May 30, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:35 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:07 pm
Oi!!!

Pipe it down right now Wookie!! I don't wanna order you away from talking footy for another 80 days like last time!
Fuck your a tiresome idiot.
did you or did you not post the aforementioned article to incite and/or gloat, and/or laugh at, and/or suggest the SOO is not of interest to melbournians?
Actually none of the above.

Tiresome? Ahhh ... :hmm: ...that’s real funny :lol: coming from a guy who posts a ‘poor SOO ticket sales’ news article which begins with the line “THE NRL is facing the embarrassment of more than 50,000 empty seats”, posts this on an nrl vs afl fight club and then, after the shit hits the fan and his chosen article is shown up to be a bunch of bullshit, comes out and has a big :puke: to all about how he was just posting a news article and he didn’t mean anything of it.

Seriously dude, you’ve got a hide calling others tiresome. Go get a dog up ya ya tiresome clown. :lol:

And pickup yer fukkin game, it’s pathetic right now , just deal with the fact ur chosen article was a piece of shit. K?

Members and guests, please note, this post may be deleted as it contains a lil too much truth for the afl species to handle. :lol:

xman wrote: