Joining the dots in 2018, is the afl still a lopsided piece of dog shit comp?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Joining the dots in 2018, is the afl still a lopsided piece of dog shit comp?

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: yes, yes indeed it most definitely is! And talking footy's own bank of data proves it :lol:

So many moons ago, yours truly :) , alerted all to the massive chasm between the lower rung afl teams and the afl top 8.

And the afl fans cried no, no, no, I say it ain't so! :( :? :( 8-[

Then as the wealth of evidence continued to pile up, moon after moon, year upon year I think it was afl crap 1 who highlighted the massive chasm in the bookies predictions between the afl and the NRL. In the afl bookies consistently had teams well above 1000-1 to win the premiership whilst they were far more cautious with the close tightly caught NRL comp.

And again, our afl fans cried, they cried and cried :cry: :cry: :cry: and they collectively screamed no no no, I say it ain't so :oops: :? :( :[]

And then just last year yours truly predicted the afl finals would be a lopsided pile of dogshit and, after 7 out of the 8 afl finals were absolute white washes the afl fans came in numbers, and they cried and they cried and they cried...and they plead, sing it with me now members :-({|= they plead together no no no.... :cry: I say it ain't so :sick: :( :^o :cry:

And now I must again bring all to attention. In 2018 the afl competition continues to be a lopsided pile of dogshit. Alls one need do is click on beaussies footy tipping site and check out the cold hard facts.

Afl tippers over 70% correct tips = 5
NRL tippers over 70% correct tips = 0

Afl tippers over 60% correct tips = 22 :oops:
NRL tippers over 60% correct tips = 2

Each tipping comp has just on or above 30 tipsters. Anyone who knows anything about research sample size knows validity and reliability of sample is very strong at 30+ participants. Only tipsters who have tipped more than one round of footy were included in this research.

The results clearly prove it is far easier to tip winners in the afl. My hypothesis that in 2018 the afl is a lopsided piece of dogshit comp is proven fairly valid and true.

Please, I know I'm one of the only ones here who do decent research to back up my claims but please, no need to thank me.

Now can anyone predict what our afl fans might say?

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Joining the dots in 2018, is the afl still a lopsided piece of dog shit comp?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

KE speaketh the truth again .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Joining the dots in 2018, is the afl still a lopsided piece of dog shit comp?

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I Enjoy a punt every so In a while, and AFL is a go to thing for a good multi>> payout lol

some rounds very easy to predict and results.
but the masses believe believe and hold out hope..
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Aussie rules will ALWAYS be more predictable than lower scoring games like RL, RU and soccer. That's ne nature of the sports.

Whoopie do
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 3:16 pm
Aussie rules will ALWAYS be more predictable than lower scoring games like RL, RU and soccer. That's ne nature of the sports.

Whoopie do
In other words to the lopsided piece of dogshit comp statement nlol is really saying...No no no, I say it ain't so! :cry:

So errrm as nlol has placed me on ignore due to his inability to face and acknowledge the facts around racism in the afl can anyone inquire as to whether nlol thinks basketball is therefore, and I quote "ALWAYS more predictable than rugby league" etc.

His argument is more limp than wet lettuce. Quite pissweak really.

xman wrote:
Laniger
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Crows
Been liked: 0

Post by Laniger »

Gosh King-E don't you like our footy?
By the way, how is the OCD treatment going?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Laniger wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:25 pm
Gosh King-E don't you like our footy?
By the way, how is the OCD treatment going?
:lol: did I upset you laniger?
If you read properly you’ll notice I don’t actually talk directly on the sport but the “competition” ;)

OCD? Errrm... :hmm: r u trying to use mental illness as a put down? Did I upset you that bad that you had to go there on us? :lol:

Please, laniger, do pickup ur game ol chap :lol:

Just pick it up a few notches ok? :lol:

xman wrote:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

KE.
I'm interested in finding out what colourful title you will give to another comp that will prove to be more lopsided than the AFL.

First I want to look at what factors combine to constitute a "dog shit lopsided comp". As KE so maturely put it.

And the first aspect I want to look at is score.

Now, our northern counterparts will scream "but AFL is a much higher scoring game". "It's not apples for apples".
(Repeat in a child's voice for extra amusement)

They're right.
So, to address this disparity one needs to align the scores from comp to comp.

The best way as I see it is to take a feature of the AFL ladder and apply it to the "other" comp.
The AFL do a clever little calculation within their ladder to output a figure as a percentage that precisely represents where a teams score (for and against) fares comparatively to the rest of the teams in the comp.
It's simple, even crap could master this one.
Just divide a teams "for" points by their "against" points times 100.

Examples
For 654 / 456 against = 1.434 X 100 = 143.4%
654 / 975 = 0.671 x 100 = 67.1%
654 / 654 = 1 x 100 = 100%
You get the point.
The bigger the gap from the best scoring teams percentage to the worst scoring teams percentage the more lopsided a comp is.

It's a beautiful thing...

Let's look at the numbers shall we.
Current ladder positions....
AFL'S best 136.7%
AFL'S worst 63.3%

Other comps best 182.3%
Other comps worst 63.4%

That puts the the AFL'S best 116% better than the worst.
But the other comp....geez....
Have a look at this.....
The "other" comps best are 188% better than the worst.
That puts the "other" comp at 62% more lopsided.

Can anyone believe there is a comp in this country more lopsided than the AFL? And by some margin....

So KE, do you have a title that befits this "other" comp that is clearly more lopsided the AFL?

I look forward to you applying your usual eloquence to naming this "other" comp which I'll divulge the actual comp once we've established an appropriate title.

Feel free to guess anyone....
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol the bookies don't quote 1000-1 odds after Rd 3 in any other comp in this country
Lopsided
..yep

🤣
Xman wrote
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:29 pm
Lol the bookies don't quote 1000-1 odds after Rd 3 in any other comp in this country
Lopsided
..yep
If you think anything the bookies quote other than a lure to make you lose money you're a simple minded loser like the rest who gamble with them.

Actual stats crap, that's real credibility.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
I don't bet
I do know ..bookies are not in the business of losing money .

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

SportCapital wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 pm
KE.
I'm interested in finding out what colourful title you will give to another comp that will prove to be more lopsided than the AFL.

First I want to look at what factors combine to constitute a "dog shit lopsided comp". As KE so maturely put it.

Now, our northern counterparts will scream "but AFL is a much higher scoring game". "It's not apples for apples".

They're right.

The best way as I see it is to take a feature of the AFL ladder and apply it to the "other" comp.
The AFL do a clever little calculation within their ladder to output a figure as a percentage that precisely represents where a teams score (for and against) fares comparatively to the rest of the teams in the comp.

Examples
You get the point.
The bigger the gap from the best scoring teams percentage to the worst scoring teams percentage the more lopsided a comp is.

AFL'S best 136.7%
AFL'S worst 63.3%

Other comps best 182.3%
Other comps worst 63.4%

Have a look at this.....

Can anyone believe there is a comp in this country more lopsided than the AFL? And by some margin....

So KE, do you have a title that befits this "other" comp that is clearly more lopsided the AFL?

I look forward to you applying your usual eloquence to naming this "other" comp which I'll divulge the actual comp once we've established an appropriate title.

Members and guests, please, gather round and lets observe exhibit (b) of the afl supporter species :lol:

Here we have the second afl species member coming in and shouting loudly and sadly “no, no , no...I say it ain’t so!” :lol: sport please, the comp is a lopsided piece of dogshit, just deal with it bro.

The most amusing part of ol sports response is the fact he clearly went to some lengths to try and disprove the obvious. Essentially he’s based his whole argument on....wait for it.....his whole research based on.... wait for it..... a sample size of...... :lol: 2 afl teams and 2 rugby league teams :(/

Seriously sport ol chap, do you seriously believe the difference in % between the top and bottom sides of both codes presents us with anywhere near the definitive answer as to which comp is more lopsided and less competitive across the board? :shock: why..you’re dumber than i thought ol chap!

Please, for the love of god, come at me with more than a year three maths argument next time you try to disprove me. Or alternatively, take a reality check and credit me for learning you good. K bro?

:(/

:>::

:afro:

xman wrote:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

You wouldn't believe it KE.
I've found another comp in this country even more lopsided than the "other" comp I mentioned earlier.
It's a short comp, only playing 3 games a year.
But one team has won 11 of the past 12 series.

That's 91.6% won by one team!

How fucking lopsided is that?
And quite possibly the most "lopsided dig shit comp" in this country. ATM.

I'll keep looking though, who knows what I'll find next.

Your opinion piece retorts hold less weight than a hydrogen atom when stacked up next to data.
And frankly make you look pretty immature.
Lift your level KE!
This ain't the school yard, this is fight club!

I'm starting to think your understanding of what a lopsided comp is, is the complete opposite of what it actually is.
Look the word up will ya...
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:54 pm
SportCapital wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 pm
KE.

They're right.

Examples
You get the point.

AFL'S best 136.7%
AFL'S worst 63.3%

Other comps best 182.3%
Other comps worst 63.4%

Have a look at this.....

Members and guests, please, gather round and lets observe exhibit (b) of the afl supporter species :lol:

Here we have the second afl species member coming in and shouting loudly and sadly “no, no , no...I say it ain’t so!” :lol: sport please, the comp is a lopsided piece of dogshit, just deal with it bro.

The most amusing part of ol sports response is the fact he clearly went to some lengths to try and disprove the obvious. Essentially he’s based his whole argument on....wait for it.....his whole research based on.... wait for it..... a sample size of...... :lol: 2 afl teams and 2 rugby league teams :(/

Seriously sport ol chap, do you seriously believe the difference in % between the top and bottom sides of both codes presents us with anywhere near the definitive answer as to which comp is more lopsided and less competitive across the board? :shock: why..you’re dumber than i thought ol chap!

Please, for the love of god, come at me with more than a year three maths argument next time you try to disprove me. Or alternatively, take a reality check and credit me for learning you good. K bro?

:(/

:>::

:afro:
You said in your opener....

"So many moons ago, yours truly :) , alerted all to the massive chasm between the lower rung afl teams and the afl top 8. "

It seems some chasms are bigger than others, hey KE.

I'm pretty sure that is precisely what I pointed out with precise calculations that directly indicates the chasms.
How am I wrong?

I literally don't consider opinion valid retort.
Try some factual content for once will ya.
Your letting the members down with all this jibba jabba.
Broken records have more variety than your dribble.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
It's that bad the fans have been frequently brawling after games .
Yet another brawl

🤣
Xman wrote