And Rugby League exports yet another for the NFL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: And Rugby League exports yet another for the NFL

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:09 pm
Given the ground they cover in a game at high pace they leave the nrl players in the dust. Hunt and izzy couldnt do it after aerobic training to improve their stamina after their poor rl conditioning
This is what super coach Kelvin Shedley said about Izzy:

"He can be anything that bloke. Don't think he can't play AFL. Izzy Folau was one of the best talents I've ever seen run out on a footy field."

Kinda blows your whole argument outta the water pal!!!! Kaboom lololololololololololol.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl ... r9mwq.html
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Quarter, half, three quarter make up 30min of resty time. the 4 interchanges would give the super athletes another 30 more minutes.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:21 pm
Given the ground they cover in a game at high pace they leave the nrl players in the dust. Hunt and izzy couldnt do it after aerobic training to improve their stamina after their poor rl conditioning

"He can be anything that bloke. Don't think he can't play AFL. Izzy Folau was one of the best talents I've ever seen run out on a footy field."

Kinda blows your whole argument outta the water pal!!!! Kaboom lololololololololololol.

First line ................... "He CAN be anything".

So was he? Nope, he was NOTHING :rofl:

But let's see what Izzy himself said about the endurance requirements of AFL compared to RL

http://www.news.com.au/sport/how-super- ... fe91c4b172
Folau says the gruelling physical transformation that he subjected his body to in his quest to play AFL inadvertently forged the perfect rugby union specimen.
It was a really tough transition going from rugby league to AFL,” Folau said.
“I had a lot of work to do physically. I stripped down nearly 12 kilos with a strict diet of no carbs just greens and protein.
Then on top of this was all the running that I had to do to build up a good base of endurance so I could cover all the extra ground needed to play AFL.
“My whole body shaped changed. But I must admit I really did struggle and didn’t enjoy all the endurance running we did.
“It was hard work and the diet took a lot of dedication.”
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:46 pm
Quarter, half, three quarter make up 30min of resty time. the 4 interchanges would give the super athletes another 30 more minutes.
AFL players have a 6 minute, then 20 minute, then 6 minute break. The average AFL player spends 85-90% of the game time on the ground according to https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... t=LA&st=TG

So 12% of 120 minutes is 14 minutes. So the average player has 46 minutes break over 152 minutes.

Not quite 60 minutes in 120 minutes is it pussycat :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:48 pm
Terry wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:21 pm

First line ................... "He CAN be anything".

So was he? Nope, he was NOTHING :rofl:

But let's see what Izzy himself said about the endurance requirements of AFL compared to RL

http://www.news.com.au/sport/how-super- ... fe91c4b172
Folau says the gruelling physical transformation that he subjected his body to in his quest to play AFL inadvertently forged the perfect rugby union specimen.
It was a really tough transition going from rugby league to AFL,” Folau said.
“I had a lot of work to do physically. I stripped down nearly 12 kilos with a strict diet of no carbs just greens and protein.
Then on top of this was all the running that I had to do to build up a good base of endurance so I could cover all the extra ground needed to play AFL.
“My whole body shaped changed. But I must admit I really did struggle and didn’t enjoy all the endurance running we did.
“It was hard work and the diet took a lot of dedication.”
Wow what a conundrum!! Who to believe - annonymous raging zealot llolller or super coach Kelvin?? Yeah....nah....I think I'll go with the super coach lolololololol.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Believe Falou when he said “It was a really tough transition going from rugby league to AFL". “Then on top of this was all the running that I had to do to build up a good base of endurance so I could cover all the extra ground needed to play AFL". "I really did struggle and didn’t enjoy all the endurance running"

Cant say it more plainly than that
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:07 pm
Believe Falou when he said “It was a really tough transition going from rugby league to AFL". “Then on top of this was all the running that I had to do to build up a good base of endurance so I could cover all the extra ground needed to play AFL". "I really did struggle and didn’t enjoy all the endurance running"

Cant say it more plainly than that
Good on ya pal. I gotta give it to ya - all ya mates have high tailed it to the jungle but you're still in there throwing 'em.

You're copping a hiding mind ya but at least ya havin' a dig. Well played!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry, again you cant stick to the topic. Check mate
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:53 pm
pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:46 pm
AFL players have a 6 minute, then 20 minute, then 6 minute break. The average AFL player spends 85-90% of the game time on the ground according to https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... t=LA&st=TG

So 12% of 120 minutes is 14 minutes. So the average player has 46 minutes break over 152 minutes.

Not quite 60 minutes in 120 minutes is it pussycat :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Using your figures its 32m of break time + 20m of interchange time. (more for those that run)

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Wrong again

88% time on the field for the average player means 12% time on the interchange. 12% of 120 minutes is 14 minutes.

Mind you, many players spend far more time on the field than 88%, while developing, fringe, or role players spend more time on the interchange.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

A players on ground time is 120m.

he receives 32m break

he also requires on average 4 interchange breaks , which would amount to another 30m of break time.

So a 'super athlete' would require 60m of rest to complete such a daunting task.

And by the way that link you provided me with only shows the leading 100 players for time spent on ground. 22 players at 18 clubs would mean there are about 400 players.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:28 am
A players on ground time is 120m.

he receives 32m break

he also requires on average 4 interchange breaks , which would amount to another 30m of break time.

How have you arrived at another 30m break?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

From 4 interchanges/And from the fact that the link you provided me with, shows that the average time that the average player spends on ground would struggle to be anymore than 75% .

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:14 am
From 4 interchanges/And from the fact that the link you provided me with, shows that the average time that the average player spends on ground would struggle to be anymore than 75% .
dear oh dear. How many times would you like to be proven wrong pussycat? :roll:

4 players on the bench at any one time means over 120 minutes there are 480 'interchange minutes'. If each of the 22 players had 30 minutes on the interchange this would add up to 660 minutes (22 x 30mins). If you evenly divided the 480 interchange minutes by 22 players you get 21 minutes per players, or 16% off time, so 84% on field time.

However, the interchange is also used for role players such as the second ruckman, developing players who have been recently drafted, or players returning from injury. These players spend far longer on the interchange, which is why many AFL players spend a greater proportion of time on the ground than 84%
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

NlolRL wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:19 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:10 pm
What's even funnier is no AFL player has ever cracked first grade NRL. Really shows how hard it is.
While AFL has payed NRL players with millions to play their game and approached numerous others like Darren Lockyer.

Saying that AFL players are no suited to NFL. Are too gangly with no explosive strength.
anyone with half a brain knows the only RL players to play professional AFL were not chosen for their ability. However, you dont even have half a brain so I can understand why you came to the conclusion above
Yeah I am glad you pointed that out, I have a full brain unlike you who has half a brain :lol:

Well done mate. :(/ =D =D

And yes NRL players can make it in the AFL, but it is just simply not the case with AFL players having the same ability to crack NRL. :cool:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com