And Rugby League exports yet another for the NFL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: And Rugby League exports yet another for the NFL

Post by Terry »

Drop off pal. Pointless conversation. You're either very stupid or a smart arse.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

I’d just like to applaud all the afl fans..... who took my advice and sat the fukk down on this one :lol:

To those who thought they could make effective pro afl points in this thread about a contact sport?

:(/

You village idiots crack me up with ur self ownage :lol: Please, continue to apply uppercuts to ur credibility :lol:

:(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

SportCapital wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:35 pm
Terry wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:11 pm
SportCapital wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:21 am

I'm starting to struggle with this one now.

But aren't the exact same types of kicks performed in a game of Flogby?

I'm fairly sure Cam Smith does some of them himself for the Storm.
I consider him the greatest player in history.
Not an "afterthought".
Please clarify for me if you can......
You don't seem to be very well clued up my friend. A punter in NFL runs on, punts & runs off. That's what they do. 99.9% of the time they don't run, they don't pass, they don't tackle. They are on the ground for a few seconds at a time.

And the NFL also has place kickers who kick goals and kick off for restarts of play. Teams have a separate player to punt & place kick for these duties. A punter has a tiny role to play in the game.

Cameron Smith on the other hand plays 80 minutes. He runs, tackles, passes, kicks in general play, directs play & kicks for goal. The kicking component of his game is a valuable but small part of his overall play.

Simple really. NFL punters could play in a dinner suit. Cameron Smith is involved in almost every minute of play and uses every skill in the game. Chalk & cheese!!
So the place kicker has it held for him, and the punter drops it onto the boot. Is that main difference?
Was explained for you .
yôu chose to ignore that .

So just in case you aren't trolling and really are that stupid ...lol being vicderpian there's a very good chance..
I'll explain .
Cam smith does not sit on the sideline till a PG or conversion is to be taken .
He does not run on and kick it then run off .....which is what the ex fumblers do in NFL .
He is out there amongst the play all game
Ex RL players do that in NFL..

Please stop trolling or get some educational help .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

What's even funnier is no AFL player has ever cracked first grade NRL. Really shows how hard it is.
While AFL has payed NRL players with millions to play their game and approached numerous others like Darren Lockyer.

Saying that AFL players are no suited to NFL. Are too gangly with no explosive strength.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:10 pm
What's even funnier is no AFL player has ever cracked first grade NRL. Really shows how hard it is.
While AFL has payed NRL players with millions to play their game and approached numerous others like Darren Lockyer.

Saying that AFL players are no suited to NFL. Are too gangly with no explosive strength.
anyone with half a brain knows the only RL players to play professional AFL were not chosen for their ability. However, you dont even have half a brain so I can understand why you came to the conclusion above
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Why then Isit sportsmen from other codes seem to be able to just walk in & play top level fumbles .
There was a Canadian RU player .
RL players .

Lol
That says to me ...skill is not a great requirement to play ( lol that's fucking obvious when catching a ball is optional & not penalised & not being able to kick straight is rewarded with a point) .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:00 am
Why then Isit sportsmen from other codes seem to be able to just walk in & play top level fumbles .
RL players .

Lol
That says to me ...skill is not a great requirement to play ( lol that's fucking obvious when catching a ball is optional & not penalised & not being able to kick straight is rewarded with a point) .
RL players with potentially useful qualities for AFL were recruited as a marketing strategy, and failed.

AFL has many different positions requiring different attributes, and one is a very tall, athletic players with good aerobic skills who can take a mark in a contest. Pike, the canadian, learned much of this skill in RU, so he was servicable as a ruckman.

Similarly, the NFL has different positions requiring different skills, and one requires great kicking skills, hence the crossover from AFL to NFL
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:32 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:00 am
RL players .

Lol
RL players with potentially useful qualities for AFL were recruited as a marketing strategy, and failed.

AFL has many different positions requiring different attributes, and one is a very tall, athletic players with good aerobic skills who can take a mark in a contest. Pike, the canadian, learned much of this skill in RU, so he was servicable as a ruckman.

Similarly, the NFL has different positions requiring different skills, and one requires great kicking skills, hence the crossover from AFL to NFL

'Good aerobic skills' . 100 interchanges :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:21 am
Which accounts for about 3 breaks per player per game
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:28 am
The fumblers always go on about their players 'aerobic ability': Who cares? That's what the fumblers do - jog up & down the field, fumble the ball a lot, get a kick or handball in occasionally & continue to jog up & down the field. That's it - jog up & down a lot. Just because they clock up more k's than RL or RU players has zero to do with athletic or sporting ability.

The fumblers should do pre season training in Kenya with all the skinny long distance running, drug taking 'sportsmen'. They seem to have a lot in common with 'em.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Terry wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:04 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:28 am
The fumblers always go on about their players 'aerobic ability': Who cares? That's what the fumblers do - jog up & down the field, fumble the ball a lot, get a kick or handball in occasionally & continue to jog up & down the field. That's it - jog up & down a lot. Just because they clock up more k's than RL or RU players has zero to do with athletic or sporting ability.

The fumblers should do pre season training in Kenya with all the skinny long distance running, drug taking 'sportsmen'. They seem to have a lot in common with 'em.

7 on average, making it about 60+ min worth of resty time in 120min - superb athletes :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ tremendous aerobic capacity :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Given the ground they cover in a game at high pace they leave the nrl players in the dust. Hunt and izzy couldnt do it after aerobic training to improve their stamina after their poor rl conditioning
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The ground ? The ground that there rolling and fumbling around on? 60+ min worth of resty time in 120min - superb athletes :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ tremendous aerobic capacity :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:30 pm
The ground ? The ground that there rolling and fumbling around on? 60+ min worth of resty time in 120min - superb athletes :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ tremendous aerobic capacity :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Can you explain your 60 minutes of rest time calculation? As usual i think your maths is way off