6,612 crowd for Western Sydney Wanderers

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

6,612 crowd for Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by Beaussie »

Yep, just 6,612 fans at Spotless Stadium on Sunday for the Wanderers vs Perth Glory.

Where have the Wanderers fans gone? Weren’t we led to believe the Wanderers were huge and well supported? Desperately needed a new 30,000 seat stadium too yeah? Well crowds certainly don’t demonstrate that. Neither does their abysmal tv ratings. 47k, yeah, 47k tv audience... nationwide. :shock:

Gee, soccer is having all sorts of problems this season.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Re: 6,612 crowd for Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by Swans4ever »

I think their fan base are very much band wagon jumpers. Pretty much what Soccer posters accused GWS fans off.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

this is another reason I do have doubt on membership stats...

Wanderers have like 18k members and say they have a waiting list
BLAH BLAH BLAH>>

there crowds and tv figures>> don't go at all with there popularity.. #membership
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:52 am
this is another reason I do have doubt on membership stats...

Wanderers have like 18k members and say they have a waiting list
BLAH BLAH BLAH>>

there crowds and tv figures>> don't go at all with there popularity.. #membership
But you can have a 3 game membership, 18k is not many. Clinging to TV ratings like a life preserver whilst admirable (AFL gets about the same as NRL in revenue from this source), doesnt have enough information to accuratley tell us much either. My preference is combining all stats together, memberships, crowds, tv ratings, merchandise, participating/playing. You cant just have one stat that you cherry pick and say there you go. IMO it really reflects their fans (like many fans across codes in Sydney) are really fickled and band wagon jumpers.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

there was a media personal stating something along the likes of the difference between Sydney and Melbourne
in regards to sporting cultures..

he said> Melbourne gets behind there teams and are really passionate about them>
they go through the hard times and the good times>>

while Sydney while they show passion it dissappears really quickly and they move on >> just like the city..

(also I agree to monitor the teams popularity you need to address multiple stats not just one..)