Why is NRL 9'S suspended or is it really dead.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Why is NRL 9'S suspended or is it really dead.

Post by Swans4ever »

Weve seen many threads on RL posters criticising the AFL over AFLX. But it begs the question for something that started in 2014 why has NRL 9's been suspended or is it really dead.
Considering it went from sell out crowds in 2014 to just 22000 in 2017. Me thinks there's a bit of pot meets kettle when it comes to our RL posters and the 9's competition had a very unceremonious funeral!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Why is NRL 9'S suspended or is it really dead.

Post by AFLcrap1 »

What planet are you on
Only funeral should be for your brain
It died long ago
We had the RLWC that went into December .
So to allow players a break it was ususpended for a year.

Lol
That's what happens when you have a rep season ...
An international game

Lol
No wonder you can't understand .

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/07/13/nrl ... -for-2018/
The NRL, ATEED (Auckland Tourism, Events & Economic Development) and Duco Events today confirmed that the NRL Nines Tournament will be suspended next year to ease the workload of players following the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.

NRL Chief Commercial Officer Andrew Abdo said the Nines had been one of the game’s success stories over the last four years and had a long term future on the Rugby League calendar.

But he said that with the Rugby League World Cup running until 2 December, it was not viable to ask elite players to back up for the Nines tournament in early 2018.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:16 pm
What planet are you on
It died long ago

Lol
An international game

Lol

The NRL, ATEED (Auckland Tourism, Events & Economic Development) and Duco Events today confirmed that the NRL Nines Tournament will be suspended next year to ease the workload of players following the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.

NRL Chief Commercial Officer Andrew Abdo said the Nines had been one of the game’s success stories over the last four years and had a long term future on the Rugby League calendar.

But he said that with the Rugby League World Cup running until 2 December, it was not viable to ask elite players to back up for the Nines tournament in early 2018.
Then how do you explain last years low crowds.....you seem abit worked up have you had your zoloft or xanax today????
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bhaaaaaaa
Fail thread by sarge
Now he's deflecting ...as usual onto medical diagnosis .

You're so predictable .
Same endless circle of rot

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Just askdd the question why is it suspended or is it really dead.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Swans4ever wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:19 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:16 pm
What planet are you on
It died long ago

Lol
An international game

Lol

Then how do you explain last years low crowds.

Look here, you won’t here this from the NRL or leaguies. :-$
Introduced by Duco Events in 2014, the concept was initially a huge success but its popularity has waned as the novelty factor wore off.

The appeal of the Nines was also hurt by the attitude of some NRL coaches, who were reluctant to field their best players due to the risk of injury before the start of the season.

Last week, Duco chief Dean Lonergan took aim at the Warriors for resting several stars and blamed them for the tournament's demise.

Skipper Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was kept on ice as he returned from a serious knee injury, while a minor groin problem prevented Shaun Johnson from playing a game.

As a result, the home team lost all three pool matches to miss the knockout stage for the first time.

"Would it have changed the crowds if the Warriors had taken it seriously? I don't know and I don't think so but it certainly impacted on what happened going forward," Lonergan told Radio Live.

"They didn't play their best possible team, which would have been nice if they had and it would have been nice if they had taken it seriously rather than saying we don't care about the Nines, we care about the rest of the season."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/94 ... o-auckland
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

So basically what your saying Beau and what the article is saying is the 2 key New Zealand players were injured and unable to play in the NZ event . So naturally the crowds in New New Zealand was down (though I still think they got over 20k).

The same applies for the Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars game in the pre-season, which will also not be held in 2018 but will return in 2019.

Mr Abdo said there was every chance the NRL Nines would be held in Australia when it returns to the Rugby League calendar and the NRL would seek expressions of interest from cities interested in hosting the event.

He said that Auckland had been a fantastic host of the event and confirmed that there is a strong likelihood that the event will return to New Zealand in the future rotation.

The NRL and Duco Events acknowledged the important role that ATEED had played in the establishment and ongoing success of the event, along with major sponsor Downer and other event partners.

So in summarising, now that downer is no longer a joint venture partner the event will go to the highest bidder and become yet another money spinner for the NRL.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Swans4ever wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:52 pm
Weve seen many threads on RL posters criticising the AFL over AFLX. But it begs the question for something that started in 2014 why has NRL 9's been suspended or is it really dead.
Considering it went from sell out crowds in 2014 to just 22000 in 2017. Me thinks there's a bit of pot meets kettle when it comes to our RL posters and the 9's competition had a very unceremonious funeral!

far from dead>> for the concept to get sell outs in NZ which only had 1 team >> to 15 teams from Australia
is a huge success>>

as stated previous by AFLCRAP

Rugby league had a World Cup which finished in December>>

rugby league players require a 60 day holiday rest period >>

also note the All stars event was postponed due to world cup year>>

the 9's tournament will be back in play in an Australian city in 2019 to the highest bidder>>
which is looking like Brisbane>>
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:36 am
So basically what your saying Beau and what the article is saying is the 2 key New Zealand players were injured and unable to play in the NZ event . So naturally the crowds in New New Zealand was down (though I still think they got over 20k).
Not sure how you come to that conclusion? Like the RL 7s (remember that?), once the novelty factor wore off, so did the interest levels. That point I thought was abundantly clear.
Introduced by Duco Events in 2014, the concept was initially a huge success but its popularity has waned as the novelty factor wore off.

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
As was explained
But ignored by you .
It was held in another country
Home country had 1 team
The other 15 were from AUST .

Not the brightest are you

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:37 am
pussycat wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:36 am
Not sure how you come to that conclusion? Like the RL 7s (remember that?), once the novelty factor wore off, so did the interest levels. That point I thought was abundantly clear.

Its not from your smut raking gutter journos.'The NRL's broke', ' the NRL cant get a loan type of thing' . Its a genuine article from a genuine paper.

The 7's tournament was a victim of the Superleague war but things like the Wills cup and the Amco cup get replaced as better things come along because that's the direction the NRL are going : Forward.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys