Round 1 crowds what will the NRL and AFL get?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Round 1 crowds what will the NRL and AFL get?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Of course not
How can you have an intelligent debate when you start Strawman arguments .
Then refuse to post where your Strawman was posted .
It's happened many times on here .
& not once could you show where it was stated what you claimed was stated .

& don't I enjoy watching you squirm when cornered .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Swans4ever wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:45 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 pm
Lol look who's talking .
Mr Strawman .
Yes here we go again when you cant post examples pull out the ol strawman argument quip. Your as predictable as Pussy declaring RL the most popular sport in the world because some obsessed key board warrior clicks a computer mouse but wont buy a membership of his team, go to any of their games or purchase any merchandise.
Rugby League is Australia's most popular sport A fact backed up by the NRL website. If you have any prove to the contrary I'd be very interested to hear it.

...... And please, proof that doesn't involve the Shanghai Sharks.
Last edited by pussycat on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:51 am
Swans4ever wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:45 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 pm
Lol look who's talking .
Mr Strawman .
Yes here we go again when you cant post examples pull out the ol strawman argument quip. Your as predictable as Pussy declaring RL the most popular sport in the world because some obsessed key board warrior clicks a computer mouse but wont buy a membership of his team, go to any of their games or purchase any merchandise.
Rugby League is Australia's most popular sport A fact backed up by the NRL website. If you have any prove to the contrary I'd be very interested to hear it.
Crowds, revenue, memberships, participation - take your pick in Australia but I said the world above. Your not very bright are you pussy again irony lost on you lot.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The most or the highest number of viewers indicate what is more popular certainly not revenue , crowds or participation numbers.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yeah it’s definitely not revenues memberships and crowd attendance that are clear determiners of most popular. In Sydney afl supporters are commonly referred to by many as the Chardonnay set. They’re often folk who find the physicality and violence of league too much for their precious eyes. They’re often well off enough to spend thousands a year on paying for expensive memberships and Merch so they can sip on lattes, boutique beers and Chardonnays at the ground whilst lacking any meaningful understanding of or engament with the sport. Then on Monday they have something to talks about when they go to their office and tell all of how they went to watch the swans.

Rugby league attracts a much broader larger and more multicultural demographic who either attend or if they can’t due to working weeekends or money restrictions religiously watch it every week on the box. The tv viewers tell us that more peepers are tuned in on rugby league each year. Hence the more popular.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:12 pm
The most or the highest number of viewers indicate what is more popular certainly not revenue , crowds or participation numbers.
Says who.....you....perhaps you have some scientific study that backs up your claim. If a TV is on and no one is there to watch it does it choose RL to the ratins box?? Hahaha. Having someone watch something for free in the comfort of their home doesnt make something the most popular. If it were then MKR would be Australias No 1 sport, popularity can be very subjective. I prefer quantitive measures where someone has to actually show their allegiances with money.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:22 pm
Yeah it’s definitely not revenues memberships and crowd attendance that are clear determiners of most popular. In Sydney afl supporters are commonly referred to by many as the Chardonnay set. They’re often folk who find the physicality and violence of league too much for their precious eyes. They’re often well off enough to spend thousands a year on paying for expensive memberships and Merch so they can sip on lattes, boutique beers and Chardonnays at the ground whilst lacking any meaningful understanding of or engament with the sport. Then on Monday they have something to talks about when they go to their office and tell all of how they went to watch the swans.

Rugby league attracts a much broader larger and more multicultural demographic who either attend or if they can’t due to working weeekends or money restrictions religiously watch it every week on the box. The tv viewers tell us that more peepers are tuned in on rugby league each year. Hence the more popular.
Blah blah blah.....as i said above. Your opinion is not fact.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Swans4ever wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:25 pm
Says who.....you....perhaps you have some scientific study that backs up your claim. If a TV is on and no one is there to watch it does it choose RL to the ratins box?? Hahaha. Having someone watch something for free in the comfort of their home doesnt make something the most popular. If it were then MKR would be Australias No 1 sport, popularity can be very subjective. I prefer quantitive measures where someone has to actually show their allegiances with money.
Says the NRL, that's who!

Have you ever asked yourself why the AFL are allowing there major rival to make these claims if there not true?

Why would a ratting box choose Rugby League? I would assume similar numbers of people in Sydney/Melbourne fall asleep with there TV sets on.

If A test is performed and one gets more hits than another . Than it is more popular - end of story. And what does MKR have to do with anything? It get less and lower ratings than both codes!

As I said all along if the NRL claims aren't correct why isn't the AFL doing something about it

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol you have to put info into a ratings box

So if you have one & are not watching ...you won't be counted .
Lol
Swans bringing the lols forever
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:17 pm

Have you ever asked yourself why the AFL are allowing there major rival to make these claims if there not true?

Why would a ratting box choose Rugby League? I would assume similar numbers of people in Sydney/Melbourne fall asleep with there TV sets on.

If A test is performed and one gets more hits than another . Than it is more popular - end of story. And what does MKR have to do with anything? It get less and lower ratings than both codes!

As I said all along if the NRL claims aren't correct why isn't the AFL doing something about it
head to head AFL tears the NRL to pieces on TV. The only way you get ahead on cumulative figures is scheduling
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:17 pm

Oh seriously you lot often say how AFL posters believe everything out of AFL house......Tje subjects totally subjective as I said above it depends entirely on what stat you want to use. But using what ever self serving propaganda an organisation says as proof is not a scientific basis to justify your claim. Until you find an INDEPENDENT report that does your claim is just an opinion, nothing more.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

More viewers = more popular. IT's straight forward, I know it's not what you want to hear but what is it that you find so farking subjective? ????

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:02 pm
More viewers = more popular. IT's straight forward, I know it's not what you want to hear but what is it that you find so farking subjective? ????
Repeating a claim without proof is nothing more than opinion. Again tv ratings prove one thing, more viewers will watch that program in preference to something else. It does not equate to support because you cant quantify it. How many support a particular sport, prefer sport to MKR, leave the TV on to keep themselves company, have a broken TV, etc etc. Until you can break it down it means nothing. But members have to pay$, crowds have to attend, kids have to sign up and play, merchandise has to be sold. It requires commitment to THAT sport. That is solid proof not speculation. Perhaps you should look up what subjective means before you comment.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Everyone has an equal opportunity to view it. It has the greater number of viewers ie. It is watched by more people.

Black is black. There is nothing subjective about it and there no need for proof. Just a bit of common sense will suffice.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:23 pm
Everyone has an equal opportunity to view it. It has the greater number of viewers ie. It is watched by more people.

Black is black. There is nothing subjective about it and there no need for proof. Just a bit of common sense will suffice.
it's far more complicated than that. You cant simply compare a year's worth of ratings and claim they show the most popular product. Maybe you could if the scheduling and conditions were identical, but they are far from it.