Round 1 crowds what will the NRL and AFL get?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Round 1 crowds what will the NRL and AFL get?

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:21 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 pm
yeah agrees NRL average is just fine> 20k would be perfect>

16k the NRL manage for there H&A season..

this doesn't even include Internationals or other rep fixtures.
Yep, a 20k average is what the NRL should aspire to get.
Oh but they do. The so called fans just couldn’t be bothered getting off the couch and supporting their teams. Embarrassing I know.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:21 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 pm
yeah agrees NRL average is just fine> 20k would be perfect>

16k the NRL manage for there H&A season..

this doesn't even include Internationals or other rep fixtures.
Yep, a 20k average is what the NRL should aspire to get.
Oh but they do. The so called fans just couldn’t be bothered getting off the couch and supporting their teams. Embarrassing I know.
Good 'ol beatup trying to beatup again lolololololololol. Go and tell the French & English Rugby fans they're embarrassing..... and then go and yell at the Ligue 1 & Serie A fans lolololololol!!!!!! There's a boy!!!!
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:59 pm
AFL
Tigers v Blues - 87,000 (will be the biggest crowd out side of G.F and Anzac Day)
Bombers v Crows - 45,000 (tick)
Saints v Lions - 36,000 (29k)
Port v Freo - 42,000 (39K)
Gold coast v Nth Melb - 18,000 (14K
Hawks v Pies - 65,000 (tick)
GWS v Dogs - 16,000 (12k)
Melb v Cats - 58,000 (49K)
Eagles v Swans - 52,000 ( 58k)
Total - 419,000

NRL

Dragons v Broncos - 22,000 >>>> don't even fit 22k at Kogarah lol ( 16k)
Knights v Sea Eagles - 20,000 (6pm kick off will affect this game) around 18k
Cowboys v Sharks - 26000 ( 26k is capacity to the brim) 21k
West Tigers v Easts - 18,000 ( I will go with 18k)
Sths v Warriors/Melb v Dogs - 42,000 (42k sounds good)
Penrith v Eels - 20,000 ( 20k if its chockers and fans are crammed in) I will go with 18k
Gold Coast v Camberra - 18,000 ( i will go with 14k)

Total - 226,000
Could right about GWS but same game last year was 14k, saints game last year against Bris in rd 3 got 23k but in rd 1 against Melb got 36, given rd 1 given their membership currently sits at 31k Im still comfortable with 36k. As for NRL didnt know that about Jubilee (why wouldnt they play at Alliance or SCG given its rd 1 against Broncos???) Only reason I went for a sell out for Cowboys is being in GF and having a fully fit squad (i think) and rd 1 given they are very parocial.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Swans4ever wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:49 pm
AFL
Tigers v Blues - 87,000 (will be the biggest crowd out side of G.F and Anzac Day)
Total - 419,000

NRL

Penrith v Eels - 20,000 ( 20k if its chockers and fans are crammed in) I will go with 18k

Total - 226,000
Could right about GWS but same game last year was 14k, saints game last year against Bris in rd 3 got 23k but in rd 1 against Melb got 36, given rd 1 given their membership currently sits at 31k Im still comfortable with 36k. As for NRL didnt know that about Jubilee (why wouldnt they play at Alliance or SCG given its rd 1 against Broncos???) Only reason I went for a sell out for Cowboys is being in GF and having a fully fit squad (i think) and rd 1 given they are very parocial.
even if dragons did decide to play the 1st game at SFS it would prob only manage a few K more anyways.
and the game provides a better atmosphere at Kogarah.. which is there home ground>

playing at SFS would give an advantage back to the Broncos. SCG is horrible for rectangle codes.

being Thurston's last year (cowboys could set a record this year)
but as we know with Townsville (tropical storms) can hit at anytime...
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:54 am
The Australian Fumbling League average per head of population is No 1 in the world. Congratulations. Someone should do a PHD on why this is so. I suspect it's to do with living in Bleak City and the dismal desert states. I mean the poor buggers will do anything and go anywhere to take their minds of their sad, desperate lives. They get bigger crowds for everything - tennis, soccer, golf, cricket, long distance spitting......everything.
a classic long time excuse by tossballers for why AFL gets far far better crowds....except that the AFL in Sydney gets better crowds on average than almost every NRL team :lol:

There's nothing else to do in AFL states, that's why people go to the football......except when it's wet, cold or hot NRL fans dont go to the games because it's unpleasant outside. Yet when it's fine outside they dont go to games because there's so much else to do...... :lol:

Fact is the AFL is more popular! :)))
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Swans4ever wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:49 pm
AFL
Total - 419,000

NRL

Total - 226,000
Didn't GWS get 14 000, the lowest AFL total ever for a semi? or was it a Final?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:35 pm
The Australian Fumbling League average per head of population is No 1 in the world. Congratulations. Someone should do a PHD on why this is so. I suspect it's to do with living in Bleak City and the dismal desert states. I mean the poor buggers will do anything and go anywhere to take their minds of their sad, desperate lives. They get bigger crowds for everything - tennis, soccer, golf, cricket, long distance spitting......everything.
a classic long time excuse by tossballers for why AFL gets far far better crowds....except that the AFL in Sydney gets better crowds on average than almost every NRL team :lol:

There's nothing else to do in AFL states, that's why people go to the football......except when it's wet, cold or hot NRL fans dont go to the games because it's unpleasant outside. Yet when it's fine outside they dont go to games because there's so much else to do...... :lol:

Oh dear......here we go again. The facts are that if you combine tv ratings and crowds more sets of eyeballs were on RL last year.....by many, many millions.... than the fumbling game. And that's with 22 less games.

Cue for a few laps around the goldfish bowl......"head to head', "scheduling" but but but but but lolololololololololololololololol. On with the budgie smugglers pal.....in ya go lololololol!!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

A few million$ for crowds v billions$ in the area we dominate - millions for a game here, millions for game there - just Wow

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:48 am

Oh dear......here we go again. The facts are that if you combine tv ratings and crowds more sets of eyeballs were on RL last year.....by many, many millions.... than the fumbling game. And that's with 22 less games.

Cue for a few laps around the goldfish bowl......"head to head', "scheduling" but but but but but lolololololololololololololololol. On with the budgie smugglers pal.....in ya go lololololol!!!!!
Here we go again, ignoring the clear advantage the AFL have when comparable games are shown against each other. This emphatically shows the AFL is more popular on TV which is why we get more media revenue despite RLs multiple competition levels.

Then you throw in more than double the crowds and members and the domination is clear for all to see
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Here we go again, ignoring the clear advantage the AFL have when comparable games are shown against each other. This emphatically shows the AFL is more popular on TV which is why we get more media revenue despite RLs multiple competition levels.

Then you throw in more than double the crowds and members and the domination is clear for all to see
lol AFL do not get more media revenue because it is more popular on TV

AFL get more media revenue because there is more advertising opportunities..
a hell of a lot more..
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Hahahahahahahahaha. Most of the goldfish bowl lappers are lost in the jungle & haven't returned. Poor 'ol Lolololololer is going alone lolololololololol. It's gonna be a lonely place in that bowl this year!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:01 pm
Hahahahahahahahaha. Most of the goldfish bowl lappers are lost in the jungle & haven't returned. Poor 'ol Lolololololer is going alone lolololololololol. It's gonna be a lonely place in that bowl this year!!!
Maybe so, but if its anything like last year I'll be too busy celebrating every weekly crowd and ratings win to be lonely. 35-4 I think we won last year's comparison. Surely it cant be that one sided again. Thats about as big a flogging as it gets
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 pm

a hell of a lot more..
Rl has more content and more prime time games......
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:30 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 pm

a hell of a lot more..
Rl has more content and more prime time games......
what do you mean more content>>

NRL season including Rep games = to the amount of AFL games played per year>>

more Prime time Games.

AFL play just as much as prime time games as the NRL> even into more markets..

1 quick example>> GRAND FINAL time> 1 advert worth around 150k to 200k for the NRL AND AFL>>

1 half of football> NRL lucky to have 3 adverts MAX
1 half of football> AFL upwards of 15 to 20..

advertising oppertunities in AFL are endless> every goal (BANG ADVERT)
NRL every TRY> but lucky to be a a few try's a half> sometimes scoreless!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Crowds :(/ . What a joke :rofl: :rofl: The sale of a few big league matches pretty much wipes out any crowd advantage. As has already been pointed out we do average a very successful 16k. And Our Tv ratings are higher than yours every year(we will restrict it to the last 6) are they not ???? and do we have at lest 4 of the highest rating programs on the box.???...............but, but, but and that's not to mention a growing but already very lucrative international audience.