Round 1 crowds what will the NRL and AFL get?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Round 1 crowds what will the NRL and AFL get?

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:21 pm

what do you mean more content>>

NRL season including Rep games = to the amount of AFL games played per year>>

more Prime time Games.

AFL play just as much as prime time games as the NRL> even into more markets..

1 quick example>> GRAND FINAL time> 1 advert worth around 150k to 200k for the NRL AND AFL>>

1 half of football> NRL lucky to have 3 adverts MAX
1 half of football> AFL upwards of 15 to 20..

advertising oppertunities in AFL are endless> every goal (BANG ADVERT)
NRL every TRY> but lucky to be a a few try's a half> sometimes scoreless!!
more content as in SOO plus internationals, which are worth far more than the average NRL or AFL game. Add to that the majority of your games are in prime time. Add to that the higher advertising dollar in NSW and QLD compared to the other states
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:30 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:48 am

Oh dear......here we go again. The facts are that if you combine tv ratings and crowds more sets of eyeballs were on RL last year.....by many, many millions.... than the fumbling game. And that's with 22 less games.

Cue for a few laps around the goldfish bowl......"head to head', "scheduling" but but but but but lolololololololololololololololol. On with the budgie smugglers pal.....in ya go lololololol!!!!!
Here we go again, ignoring the clear advantage the AFL have when comparable games are shown against each other. This emphatically shows the AFL is more popular on TV which is why we get more media revenue despite RLs multiple competition levels.

Then you throw in more than double the crowds and members and the domination is clear for all to see

Crowds :(/ . What a joke :rofl: :rofl: The sale of a few big league matches pretty much wipes out any crowd advantage. As has already been pointed out we do average a very successful 16k. And Our Tv ratings are higher than yours every year(we will restrict it to the last 6) are they not ???? and do we have at lest 4 of the highest rating programs on the box.???...............but, but, but and that's not to mention a growing but already very lucrative international audience.
1. crowds are the reason the AFL earns hundreds of millions more than the NRL. If crowds arent that important why isone of LUs top threads on crowds? :lol:

2. You dont rate more, quite the opposite. 35-4 suggests you rate a lot less. 9-0 in the finals suggest you rate a lot less :\:

3. You have 4 of the top 5 programs per year because you have one standout series which contributes 3 of them. If the AFL's GF was best of 3 we would have 3 of the top 6. It is what it is. If you play your most popular format 3 times you get 3 high rating games. This says more about the popularity of SOO than RL overall, given the rest of your season gets thoroughly flogged in the rating on both FTA and Foxtel
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:18 pm

more Prime time Games.

1 quick example>> GRAND FINAL time> 1 advert worth around 150k to 200k for the NRL AND AFL>>

more content as in SOO plus internationals, which are worth far more than the average NRL or AFL game. Add to that the majority of your games are in prime time. Add to that the higher advertising dollar in NSW and QLD compared to the other states
Here we go the majority in prime time bullshit .
Channeling your inner link .

Jesus h I've read some chap but this is hilarious
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Swines!!!! Swines swines swines swines! =D =D =D

I must congratulate you for standing up and making this thread bro :thumbleft: there you were, the past three looong fukkin months, just whinging and whining in threads..."I'm sick of what you're talking about :blahblah: I'm tired :blahblah: " and so ol king eliagh gives you the advice to get off ur ass and make ur own thread....

And well... you've listened to me and actually done it! Jolly good.... :o

Only thing is....you were specifically whining and whinging and whining and whinging about...members on here talking about the same sort of topics.... and then you go and make one about crowds!!! :(/ :rofl: :(/

Ohhhh hohohoho, swines, the hypocrisy is strong in you my son :lol: :(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Withstanding the thread creators massive hypocrisy, wasting all and sundries time with his whinging and whining and bogging down threads the last three or so months...I'm still happy to contribute.

I think It's a bit over the top to estimate crowd for every game and I wouldn't have the knowledge to make a fair guess even so I'm gunna predict whole round.

Afl 398,000
NRL 229,000

:)

Swines, you listened to me to make this thread, now listen again. Apologise to the members for wasting our time for three months until you made this thread. Be a man and also Apologise for your hypocrisy :lol:

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:08 pm
Withstanding the thread creators massive hypocrisy, wasting all and sundries time with his whinging and whining and bogging down threads the last three or so months...I'm still happy to contribute.

I think It's a bit over the top to estimate crowd for every game and I wouldn't have the knowledge to make a fair guess even so I'm gunna predict whole round.

Afl 398,000
NRL 229,000

:)

Swines, you listened to me to make this thread, now listen again. Apologise to the members for wasting our time for three months until you made this thread. Be a man and also Apologise for your hypocrisy :lol:
Stop drinking your own bathwater, so your estimate for nrl is pretty close to mine but couldnt bring yourself estimate AFL ober 400k now who is full of hypocrisy!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Errrm swines? Guess what? I didn't actually consider your numbers when I made my estimation.

Terribly arrogant of you to assume as such. Terribly arrogant :lol: pickup yer game [-X

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:22 pm
Errrm swines? Guess what? I didn't actually consider your numbers when I made my estimation.

Terribly arrogant of you to assume as such. Terribly arrogant :lol: pickup yer game [-X
Lol
His little sooky rant was hilarious.

Asks for people to post what they think then spits the dummy because someone posts what they think.

Afl fans the gift that keeps,on giving .

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Lol
His little sooky rant was hilarious.

Asks for people to post what they think then spits the dummy because someone posts what they think.

Afl fans the gift that keeps,on giving .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Here we go again, ignoring the clear advantage the AFL have when comparable games are shown against each other. This emphatically shows the AFL is more popular on TV which is why we get more media revenue despite RLs multiple competition levels.

Then you throw in more than double the crowds and members and the domination is clear for all to see

Crowds :(/ . What a joke :rofl: :rofl: The sale of a few big league matches pretty much wipes out any crowd advantage. As has already been pointed out we do average a very successful 16k. And Our Tv ratings are higher than yours every year(we will restrict it to the last 6) are they not ???? and do we have at lest 4 of the highest rating programs on the box.???...............but, but, but and that's not to mention a growing but already very lucrative international audience.
1. crowds are the reason the AFL earns hundreds of millions more than the NRL. If crowds arent that important why isone of LUs top threads on crowds? :lol:

2. You dont rate more, quite the opposite. 35-4 suggests you rate a lot less. 9-0 in the finals suggest you rate a lot less :\:

3. You have 4 of the top 5 programs per year because you have one standout series which contributes 3 of them. If the AFL's GF was best of 3 we would have 3 of the top 6. It is what it is. If you play your most popular format 3 times you get 3 high rating games. This says more about the popularity of SOO than RL overall, given the rest of your season gets thoroughly flogged in the rating on both FTA and Foxtel
NRL Website wrote:
Rugby League is the most popular sport in Australia
Most TV Ratings
Highest TV Ratings
No.1 on social media

:cheers:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:45 pm

NRL Website wrote:
Most TV Ratings
Highest TV Ratings
No.1 on social media

even if the NRL was number 1 on TV, which it isnt, that still wouldnt make it the most popular sport. That call would be made on a balance of key factors such as crowds, members, comparable ratings, revenue, media interest etc.

And what are you basing social media on? :hmm:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:52 pm

NRL Website wrote:
Most TV Ratings
Highest TV Ratings
No.1 on social media

even if the NRL was number 1 on TV, which it isnt, that still wouldnt make it the most popular sport. That call would be made on a balance of key factors such as crowds, members, comparable ratings, revenue, media interest etc.

Oh dear .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NRL Website wrote:
Most TV Ratings
Highest TV Ratings
No.1 on social media

It certainly wouldn't headline the NRL website unless they were 100% confident that Rugby League was the most popular sport in Australia. :cheers:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:05 am

Most TV Ratings
Highest TV Ratings
No.1 on social media

It certainly wouldn't headline the NRL website unless they were 100% confident that Rugby League was the most popular sport in Australia. :cheers:
you're taking an NRL website's comment about the NRL's popularity on social media as fact? :hmm: Really? :shock:

:(/ :(/
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:18 pm

more Prime time Games.

more content>> even when including SOO AFL still have more games...?????

internationals are not included in the rights deal>>

the advertising Dollar is 25% more in NSW to VIC>>
having 70% more advertisements still does not add up..

AFL have just as much games in Primetime>>
and a extra 2 teams !!