Afl great Ben Cousins scores job with the afl while...behind bars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Afl great Ben Cousins scores job with the afl while...behind bars

Post by King-Eliagh »

Or....don't be pissweak and just acknowledge that ahem "fuck im good..." and I'm right again :lol:

:\:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:54 am
Swans4ever wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:04 pm
Yawn........another KE thread saying look at the big bad AFL yet doesnt acknowledge that RL has its own problems. You only have to look at the recent ex-NRL players who have gone to gaol. But KE would tell you that it is totally different.
:lol:

Swines! Welcome back to my forums! :lol:

Now as for your dull post, errrrmmm I'm first to acknowledge the NRLs issues. It's just, the NRL don't have issues that are so strikingly shameful as the afl.

I mean, did you read bennys indescretions I listed in the op?

Come back to me when you can find where the NRL have acted so irresponsibly by giving chance after chance after chance. And, please provide something that actually contributes to discussion rather than chiming in like a grumpy incontinent fart. :lol:

I spose I could help you. Google Todd carney. But even with him you'll notice the NRL finally took firm action, even tho his indescretions were nowhere near as seriou as the afls marketable cousins
The nrl leave testing to the clubs. Thats about as irresponsible as it gets.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wow, nlol comes in and once more provides us with....jack diddly! :lol:

Nlol explain yerself, how is the NRLs drugs testing and policy irresponsible? And how does this relate to the thread topic at hand?

Now... I know you really struggle with explaining yourself and relating your comments to the actual thread, it's very hard for you indeed! :lol: but I want you to try real hard ok? Common now nlol, YOU CAN DO IT! :thumbleft:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Nlol explain yerself, how is the NRLs drugs testing and policy irresponsible? And how does this relate to the thread topic at hand?
use you brains FFS!

You claim the NRL havent acted irresponsibly by giving players chance. Well the NRL leave drug testing up to clubs who have been shown not to do them! At least the AFL found out about Cousins and offered him the support he needed. It was Cousins to go back to drugs after he was clean. Who knows how many druggies are simply getting away with it in the NRL
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 pm

use you brains FFS!

You claim the NRL havent acted irresponsibly by giving players chance. Well the NRL leave drug testing up to clubs who have been shown not to do them! At least the AFL found out about Cousins and offered him the support he needed. It was Cousins to go back to drugs after he was clean. Who knows how many druggies are simply getting away with it in the NRL
No you use ur brains ffs! Time and time again you come blubbering in with blubbery posts completely lacking of substance you ignorant clown. You can't assume we all know what ur on about so pissoff with ur piddly pissweak posts and show some aptitude. [-X

Now ur post above shows ur trying but it's still not good enough. You need to validate ur statement. Don't just come in here :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: ing till the cows come home. Validate. Where was it shown NRL clubs don't do drug testing?

I'll make a decent poster out of you one day nlol :D: just thank me for it ok :cheers: just bow down and thank me for teaching you communication skills. Why, you might even score a good job if u follow my teachings, so....thank me :)

You owe me

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:04 pm

use you brains FFS!

No you use ur brains ffs! Time and time again you come blubbering in with blubbery posts completely lacking of substance you ignorant clown. You can't assume we all know what ur on about so pissoff with ur piddly pissweak posts and show some aptitude. [-X

Now ur post above shows ur trying but it's still not good enough. You need to validate ur statement. Don't just come in here :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: ing till the cows come home. Validate. Where was it shown NRL clubs don't do drug testing?
For starters
NRL players did their own drug tests, often submitting the urine of clean team mates to avoid positive results, according to late disgraced footballer Ryan Tandy.
Before his death by a drug overdose on the NSW Central Coast in April, Tandy made the claims about in-house testing in interviews with reporter Josh Massoud, News Corp Australia reports.
The former player, who fell from grace over a 2010 match-fixing scandal and was given a lifetime ban, is featured in a new book telling of a culture of drug-taking within NRL teams before his sacking from the Bulldogs in 2011.
“If you’re uncertain, you can just ask another player who’s clean to pee in it for you. It’s something I’ve had to do,” he said.
Tandy claimed ecstasy was commonly used by NRL players but most only took the drug on bye weekends to ensure it was out of their system before they returned to training.
He claimed that at more than one of his previous clubs, players were unsupervised when they submitted samples for in-house tests, just being given a cup at the start of training to hand back at the end of the day.
https://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/nrl-p ... ndy/121840

As for the article showing NRL clubs failing in their responsibilities to test players, I'll find it
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

When did the West Coast Eagles become the AFL?
And the news just keeps rolling in during the afl off season!
Yep benny cousins is now on the payroll with the west coast eagles 'Community and Game Development Department'

Seems there are plenty of ex players in both codes that have done this with and without criminal behaviour. But by all means keep your little thread going im sure your convincing all the meny posters flocking to both sites youve started on the same topic.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Please show any RL player with a list of offences & Jail time Etc anywhere near as long as Cousins .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:32 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:04 pm

use you brains FFS!

For starters
NRL players did their own drug tests, often submitting the urine of clean team mates to avoid positive results, according to late disgraced footballer Ryan Tandy.
Before his death by a drug overdose on the NSW Central Coast in April, Tandy made the claims about in-house testing in interviews with reporter Josh Massoud, News Corp Australia reports.
The former player, who fell from grace over a 2010 match-fixing scandal and was given a lifetime ban, is featured in a new book telling of a culture of drug-taking within NRL teams before his sacking from the Bulldogs in 2011.
“If you’re uncertain, you can just ask another player who’s clean to pee in it for you. It’s something I’ve had to do,” he said.
Tandy claimed ecstasy was commonly used by NRL players but most only took the drug on bye weekends to ensure it was out of their system before they returned to training.
He claimed that at more than one of his previous clubs, players were unsupervised when they submitted samples for in-house tests, just being given a cup at the start of training to hand back at the end of the day.
https://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/nrl-p ... ndy/121840

As for the article showing NRL clubs failing in their responsibilities to test players, I'll find it
This is better nlol, you're on ur way to making me proud :)

But, well, what you've provided is an account of a footballer who was banned from the game.

So ur second lesson from me on effective analysis/debating is to consider ur sources wisely. A disgruntled ex player would not be considered the most credible source in anyone's opinion. Do you understand nlol?

:)

hope ur enjoying my lessons my friend :)

No need to offer to pay me, I feel good helping you :)

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 am
Please show any RL player with a list of offences & Jail time Etc anywhere near as long as Cousins .
what would that prove?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

sport
league
NRL's criminal team of the century
14:43, Jan 31 2009
Facebook
Twitter
Whats App
Google +
Email
Rugby league has celebrated its Team of the Century, announced the best club selections of the past 100 years, and even had police and schoolboy teams of the century. But no Team of the Penitentiary!

Given the media's preoccupation with every misdemeanour committed by NRL players, why not stroll down the code's Hall of Shame to find those players who have spent time in the slammer.

FULLBACK: Joe Kilroy (Brisbane): "Smokin' Joe" was a Broncos original but went to Wacol Correctional Centre for drug-related offences. Queensland Police had problems finding the elusive fullback and winger, while Joe eventually found God.

WINGER: Buddy Cain (Souths, Wests): A flamboyant flankman who excited Magpie fans but intrigued his 1978 teammates by knowing every sidestreet between Lidcombe and Maroubra. Buddy would challenge Newcastle winger and former weekend detainee Wes Naiqama, as an excellent get-away driver. Cain, a mystery man who no one knows whether he was jailed, died of a heart attack, possibly from the palpitations a decade earlier when Souths forward Bob McCarthy challenged him over a suspected break and enter of his home.

CENTRE: Victor Spinks (Balmain, Newtown): Played centre in the Tigers lower grades and in the back row with Newtown in 1968. A drug baron who was the Mr C of the Jockey Tapes scandal, he was jailed in 1996 over one of Australia's largest drug importations. Released in 2002.

CENTRE: Kevin Yow Yeh (Balmain): He came to Sydney from Redcliffe with Arthur Beetson in 1966 but returned to Queensland to die sadly in a cell at Mackay of an alleged heart attack. Beetson describes him as one of the most electrifying backs he's seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

WINGER: John Ryan (Penrith): A former rugby union international who played for the Panthers from 1977 to 1980. He committed armed robberies to feed a gambling habit and died in jail in 1982, aged 33.

FIVE-EIGHTH: Les Mara (Balmain, Souths, Newtown): Jailed in 2007 for a maximum of 20 years after being captured on the NSW South Coast for conspiracy to import cocaine. He withdrew at the last minute from accompanying Paul Hayward (see next item) to Bangkok in 1978.

HALFBACK: Paul Hayward (Newtown): Hung by his heels from the 10th floor of the "Bangkok Hilton" after he was caught with heroin in Thailand. On his release, he held the record for time survived in the treacherous prison. He contracted AIDS from sharing needles in jail and after returning to Australia, he died of a drug overdose in 1992.

LOCK: Gary Sullivan (Newtown): A World Cup player 1970, an armed robber who was once among Australia's 10 most wanted. Escaped from jail and recaptured while knocking off a toothbrush in South Australia. Softly spoken, which makes him ineligible for captain-coach and probably explains why he committed the robberies with a mate. Somebody had to shout, "Get on the floor".

SECOND-ROWER: John Elias (Newtown, Souths, Canterbury, Wests, Easts, Balmain): Captain-coach because he played for all the inner-city clubs that traditionally produce the scallywags. He shot a Balmain sponsor in the leg - not a good career move in a code that struggles for sponsorship, even from the bottom end of town. His career did survive pinching Canterbury boss Peter Moore's credit card, an offence not detected for some time because nobody could spend more than "Bullfrog". Elias helped league gain a foothold in Lebanon and has redeemed himself since his release, feeding the poor of inner Sydney twice a week.

SECOND-ROWER: A couple of Wests players who are also rebuilding their lives, qualify, including one who would have made an excellent coach. He once called upon the coach to replace an exhausted prop, shouting from the SCG sideline to a packed stand, "Hey, Thirsty, get No.11 off. He's f-----."

FRONT-ROWER: Ambrose Morgan (Souths): A Redfern local who moved up to the top grade in 1975 after John O'Neill went to Manly. After being released from jail for robbery, he was shot dead in Railway Square the same year by a past associate bent on revenge. A big-boned man, the bullet is said to have bounced off a rib on the right side, penetrating his heart.

HOOKER: Ricky Montgomery (Souths): A three-gamer with South Sydney in 1984 who is awaiting sentence with Bradley Evans and Hayden Rodgers after being convicted last November of attempting to import 30kg of cocaine into Sydney in 2003.

FRONT-ROWER: Jason Williams (Cronulla, Canberra): The heavily tattooed Tongan international, who played 21 NRL matches from 2004 to 2006, was jailed for four months for assault. He is one of the few recent players to be incarcerated, suggesting that today's leaguies are not as bad as widely believed, although some offer great promise in retirement.

TEAM SPONSOR: Nugan Hand: A money-laundering merchant bank with links to Sydney leagues clubs that collapsed in 1980 following the discovery of Frank Nugan's body in a car near Lithgow.

Sydney Morning Herald

Facebook
Twitter
Whats App
Google +
Email
ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

most popular
Driver filmed repeatedly crossing centre line on Nelson-Blenheim highway
Earthquake rattles Christchurch early on Saturday morning
Missing two years, was Richard Hinkley killed?
Ardern vows pregnancy won't stop her from getting on with the job
Australian men jailed for gang raping girl, 16, and filming it on a GoPro
Jacinda probes draw pregnant pause from cricket commentator Mark Richardson
Duncan Garner: An open letter to Jacinda Ardern and Clarke Gayford
Giant Sand Castle built on the beach closes after decades of delighting guests
Rugby folk hero Stephen Donald marries in a private ceremony on the Coromandel
Australia slump to ODI low as England take 2-0 series lead
Stuff FibreIndexedNeighbourlyDeath NoticesAdvertisingCareersPrivacy PolicyTerms & ConditionsContact Us
Breaking news?
Send your photos, videos and tip-offs to
newstips@stuff.co.nz, or call us on 0800 697 8833
© 2018 Fairfax New Zealand Limited
The hypocrisy in this crowd is undeliverable!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .
Let's try living in the present .
An article from 09 .
& you are just too fucking dumb to work out what This thread is about .

Care to show where any of those rL players listed above have a list of misdemeanours as long as Cousins
Care to show where any were given as many chances as him .
Care to show where the nrl gave them a job while in prison .

There's your education for the day you braindead twit .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

What chances was Cousins given?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Here's one

October 2008: One of the conditions of Cousins returning to the AFL is that he passes a hair sample test designed to detect if he has taken illicit drugs in the past three months. Cousins shaves his head and waxes his body before the test, and passes. :shock:

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:34 pm
Lol
Here's one

October 2008: One of the conditions of Cousins returning to the AFL is that he passes a hair sample test designed to detect if he has taken illicit drugs in the past three months. Cousins shaves his head and waxes his body before the test, and passes. :shock:
The AFL were highly suspicious but How do they ban him with no positive test? Because of this Cousins had to agree to drug tests 3 tines a week.