Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Do you even understand what data is? Here's some for ya

Your lads get 30mins more than soccer lads to cover their on field distance, 40mins more than NRL players :lol:

Your lads get two additional break times and a longer half time than soccer and rugby league.

Your lads get many additional 'stoppages' during play in which they do not and mostly don't run, almost every player will get time to walk during stoppages like ball ins,
Behinds, ball ups and goals. :lol: many less rl tries and soccer goals than afl goals and behinds, many many many less :lol: many less :lol:

And some more thoroughly damaging data to afl players reps as amazing endurance athletes???
90 interchanges... down from 120

:rofl: :(/ :rofl:
yet far more distance covered, far higher average speed, far more sprint efforts, far less time between sprints. This is why the AFL have more breaks, to allow them to achieve such increadible feats.

Now on to RL. 150m sprinting for an entire game for RL forwards. :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us collingwood are one of the many...

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:24 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Haha. Nice deflection pal lololololololololol. I demolish your rubbish presentation ratings hocus pocus and you move on to 'prime time'. This is easier than taking candy from a baby.

candy from a baby.jpg

Thanks pal lolololololololololol.
you didnt even address my point, let alone demolish it. All you did was provide another explanation which I agree is a factor. Now, on your bike little boy
Hahahahaha. I'll leave ya alone pal. You must feel like Chuck Wepner after the Ali fight. lololololololololol

Chuck-movie-1.jpg
Chuck-movie-1.jpg (111.64 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 pm
pussycat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:29 pm
LOL i'm sure people regularly refer to you as 'The problem solver'.But as usual your But, But Excuses don't go close to explaining a farcking thing. No other sport/ tag team event regularly has the post match segment as the highest rating part of the match and the Melbourne cup isn't Australia's highest rating show each year. AFL land is the only place where the presentation is the highlight of the match. If your latest theory+ had anything going for it then post match segments in all codes would often out rate the match .
I'd hardly call it a theory, it's common sense. Shows with finals like masterchef, MKR, the block etc are split into sections, and the final announcement is almost always the highest rating. Similarly the AFL GF has a higher audience at the end which spills over into the segment including the presentation. Here's an example: the bathurst wrap up and podium rated far better than the actual race itself....https://tvtonight.com.au/2017/10/sunday ... -2017.html Why? Because the greatest audience tuned into the end of the race and kept watching the shorter averaged segments which were the podium and wrap up.

Thanks for coming :\:

And trying to make out that the pouncing about of AFL players to the plum fairy and nutcracker suite is anywhere near comparable to the running metres made by League players is the epitome of stupid!
based on what? Your opinion? :-k :lol:
Your getting away from the point as usual. AFL post match segments out rate the match far - far more often than other matches. If your theory had any legitimacy then all sports, not just AFL would show the presentation as the No.1 event far more often. (Bathurst ran overtime if you read on,)

And Saying Running metres in Rugby League are far more difficult to come by than in a tag team afl game is not just opinion, its plain common sense.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:30 pm
Hahahahaha. I'll leave ya alone pal. You must feel like Chuck Wepner after the Ali fight. lololololololololol
and again you didnt address the point.... :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:35 pm
Your getting away from the point as usual. AFL post match segments out rate the match far - far more often than other matches. If your theory had any legitimacy then all sports, not just AFL would show the presentation as the No.1 event far more often. (Bathurst ran overtime if you read on,)

And Saying Running metres in Rugby League are far more difficult to come by than in a tag team afl game is not just opinion, its plain common sense.
How am I getting away from the point? I showed you clear evidence of another sport also having higher ratings for the post event, something you claimed only AFL did :^o

And I dont care if running is more difficult in RL, I'm smashing your claims the number of AFL breaks means they are less fit. In fact I've shown data that proves the complete opposite.

Oh and while we are on this topic here's some more data showing AFL player's sprints are faster: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/07/0 ... formances/
NSW halfback Mitchell Pearce running a game high speed of 33.7kph in Origin II – and the second fastest of the series behind Queensland winger Corey Oates (34.3kph in Origin I) – when scoring his 27th minute try;

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-19/t ... speed-king
Dashing Docker Ethan Hughes reached round 17's highest maximum speed of 35.6km/h in the Western Derby against West Coast. He edged out Swans speedster Gary Rohan, who clocked 35.3km/h before tweaking his glute/hamstring against GWS, and flying Magpie Will Hoskin-Elliott (34.9).
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol GI hit 39

TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 pm
Lol GI hit 39

were'd they pull that figure from? :rofl:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:27 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Do you even understand what data is? Here's some for ya

Your lads get 30mins more than soccer lads to cover their on field distance, 40mins more than NRL players :lol:

Your lads get two additional break times and a longer half time than soccer and rugby league.

Your lads get many additional 'stoppages' during play in which they do not and mostly don't run, almost every player will get time to walk during stoppages like ball ins,
Behinds, ball ups and goals. :lol: many less rl tries and soccer goals than afl goals and behinds, many many many less :lol: many less :lol:

And some more thoroughly damaging data to afl players reps as amazing endurance athletes???
90 interchanges... down from 120

:rofl: :(/ :rofl:
yet far more distance covered, far higher average speed, far more sprint efforts, far less time between sprints. This is why the AFL have more breaks, to allow them to achieve such increadible feats.

Now on to RL. 150m sprinting for an entire game for RL forwards. :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
:lol: it's not "afl have more breaks" they have many many many more breaks. In fact it'd be more than 50 more total breaks (remember Eddie told us it's...90...down from 120 :lol: ) and 40mins more to cover the distance! :(/

This thread has me absolutely convinced! I actually used to respect the afl players endurance, but endurance is about sustained effort not walls followed by jogs , followed by walks, followed by some sprints, followed by interchange sit on my ass time, followed by walk, followed by sprint, followed by interchange sit on my ass time, followed by quarter time and so on and so forth! :lol:

In fact I now give afl players endurance th same credence amateur jogging enthusiasts. If you asked any of the top five hundred runners in the annual city to surf to run and rest for 120mins like an afl player they'd all be able to do similar distance if not further :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:52 pm

:lol: it's not "afl have more breaks" they have many many many more breaks. In fact it'd be more than 50 more total breaks (remember Eddie told us it's...90...down from 120 :lol: ) and 40mins more to cover the distance! :(/

This thread has me absolutely convinced! I actually used to respect the afl players endurance, but endurance is about sustained effort not walls followed by jogs , followed by walks, followed by some sprints, followed by interchange sit on my ass time, followed by walk, followed by sprint, followed by interchange sit on my ass time, followed by quarter time and so on and so forth! :lol:

In fact I now give afl players endurance th same credence amateur jogging enthusiasts. If you asked any of the top five hundred runners in the annual city to surf to run and rest for 120mins like an afl player they'd all be able to do similar distance if not further :lol:
amazing how you've come to that conclusion when I've shown evidence that RL players only sprint for 10% of their game time, and forwards only 150m on average per game.

AFL players cover run further, run faster, do it more often, and with less time in between sprints. The breaks basically are irrelevant. All these claims are backed by data I have provided in this thread. :\:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 pm
Lol GI hit 39

That is the biggest load of Cod's Whoolop I've seen in a while. :(/
Do you really believe that?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Of course you'd think that .
If it was about an Aflol player you'd be nodding & believing it all.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:16 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:52 pm

amazing how you've come to that conclusion when I've shown evidence that RL players only sprint for 10% of their game time, and forwards only 150m on average per game.

AFL players cover run further, run faster, do it more often, and with less time in between sprints. The breaks basically are irrelevant. All these claims are backed by data I have provided in this thread. :\:
I've never suggested rugby league players run further than afl players you silly dweeb :lol: I don't really care how fAr they trot around the grass for. They're faster, more powerful and much stronger and exciting athletes than afl players

Now what I have been saying is afl players get many ... Many many many ... Many MANY .... many MANY more resty my legs times than Rl and soccer put together.

And Here's a tasty fact for ya. Afl players run less distance in more time with shitloads more rests than any of the part time amateur running hobbyist city 2 surf runners who cross the line in the first few 1000s positions :(/ :rofl: :(/

How you like dem apples nlol? :rofl: :\: :rofl: I mean fukk, my beer swilling mate with an oversize dad bod can run further and in less time and with less resty my legs time than afl players do in one of their games!!!

:(/

It's time to stop drooling over ur afl boys trotting feats nlol, it's time to stop now dude :(/

:\:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:41 pm
Bull shit.
I know for a fact the quickest AFL players top out just shy of 36.
Your the one nodding along. 39, really?
Even the great GI would have a chuckle at this one. :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

SportCapital wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:14 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:41 pm
Bull shit.
I know for a fact the quickest AFL players top out just shy of 36.
Your the one nodding along. 39, really?
Even the great GI would have a chuckle at this one. :(/
agree. Even the NRLs own figures for their elite SOO teams this year achieved only 34m/s, yet somehow Inglis achieved 39 based on a commentators word. Hilarious
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 pm

I've never suggested rugby league players run further than afl players you silly dweeb :lol: I don't really care how fAr they trot around the grass for. They're faster, more powerful and much stronger and exciting athletes than afl players

Now what I have been saying is afl players get many ... Many many many ... Many MANY .... many MANY more resty my legs times than Rl and soccer put together.

And Here's a tasty fact for ya. Afl players run less distance in more time with shitloads more rests than any of the part time amateur running hobbyist city 2 surf runners who cross the line in the first few 1000s positions :(/ :rofl: :(/

How you like dem apples nlol? :rofl: :\: :rofl: I mean fukk, my beer swilling mate with an oversize dad bod can run further and in less time and with less resty my legs time than afl players do in one of their games!!!

:(/

It's time to stop drooling over ur afl boys trotting feats nlol, it's time to stop now dude :(/

:\:
the NRL players dont need as many regular breaks. They only sprint between 350m and 150m per game, with an average of around 30 sprinting episodes in total. Plus they have around 3 minutes between sprints.

AFL players have far more sprints with an average of only 90 seconds between each sprint.

Breaks are irrelevant when RL players get so much time to just stand around or walk,

You've been owned by data KE. :\: