Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 pm

I've never suggested rugby league players run further than afl players you silly dweeb :lol: I don't really care how fAr they trot around the grass for. They're faster, more powerful and much stronger and exciting athletes than afl players

Now what I have been saying is afl players get many ... Many many many ... Many MANY .... many MANY more resty my legs times than Rl and soccer put together.

And Here's a tasty fact for ya. Afl players run less distance in more time with shitloads more rests than any of the part time amateur running hobbyist city 2 surf runners who cross the line in the first few 1000s positions :(/ :rofl: :(/

How you like dem apples nlol? :rofl: :\: :rofl: I mean fukk, my beer swilling mate with an oversize dad bod can run further and in less time and with less resty my legs time than afl players do in one of their games!!!

:(/

It's time to stop drooling over ur afl boys trotting feats nlol, it's time to stop now dude :(/

:\:
the NRL players dont need as many regular breaks. They only sprint between 350m and 150m per game, with an average of around 30 sprinting episodes in total. Plus they have around 3 minutes between sprints.

AFL players have far more sprints with an average of only 90 seconds between each sprint.

Breaks are irrelevant when RL players get so much time to just stand around or walk,

You've been owned by data KE. :\:
Bro, I'm not drooling over NRL players distance running. But you are about ur afl trotters :lol: it's laughable, the amount of breaks they get and they're meant to be revered for their endurance...and yet they're only covering 12odd k in two hours with three drinks breaks :lol: and they're likely walking a third of those 12 k :rofl:

I no longer think the afl lads are great endurance athletes, this myth is BUSTED!! :(/

But look ill give in to one thing. A lot of the afl lads have Perfected the Ol drop and punt :(/ some of em can actually do it with either foot :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

If AFL players dont have endurance what would you say about RL players who run a few hundred metres for an entire game? Thats so poor im surprised they dont grow moss
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I've never touted rugby league players as being awesome endurance athletes. They're power speed and strength dynamos. :\:

And don't lie, we all know they run more than a few hundred metres per game. Look I know ur getting ur arse kicked the shit out of :lol: and ur probably getting groggy from the thorough bashing, but common dude, don't just dribble lies while ur down.

:lol:

xman wrote:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

I've never suggested rugby league players run further than afl players you silly dweeb :lol: I don't really care how fAr they trot around the grass for. They're faster, more powerful and much stronger and exciting athletes than afl players

Now what I have been saying is afl players get many ... Many many many ... Many MANY .... many MANY more resty my legs times than Rl and soccer put together.

And Here's a tasty fact for ya. Afl players run less distance in more time with shitloads more rests than any of the part time amateur running hobbyist city 2 surf runners who cross the line in the first few 1000s positions :(/ :rofl: :(/

How you like dem apples nlol? :rofl: :\: :rofl: I mean fukk, my beer swilling mate with an oversize dad bod can run further and in less time and with less resty my legs time than afl players do in one of their games!!!

It's time to stop drooling over ur afl boys trotting feats nlol, it's time to stop now dude :(/

the NRL players dont need as many regular breaks. They only sprint between 350m and 150m per game, with an average of around 30 sprinting episodes in total. Plus they have around 3 minutes between sprints.

AFL players have far more sprints with an average of only 90 seconds between each sprint.

Breaks are irrelevant when RL players get so much time to just stand around or walk,

Let him have his tugfest.
Don't let data get in the way of a hell of a laugh.
We all know the truth here.

Fabricating rubbish is ke's speciality.
But at the end of the day you still can't Polish a turd.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 pm
I've never touted rugby league players as being awesome endurance athletes. They're power speed and strength dynamos. :\:

And don't lie, we all know they run more than a few hundred metres per game. Look I know ur getting ur arse kicked the shit out of :lol: and ur probably getting groggy from the thorough bashing, but common dude, don't just dribble lies while ur down.

the data I sourced states RL players only cover 150-350m with high intensity running. Dont accuse me for lying when I'm only quoting official figures which were published in a peer reviewed journal. [-X

Of course you could always provide some of your own data for once instead of claiming victory based on your opinion :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us collingwood are one of the many...

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:22 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 pm
You leave out one important factor
Ours is a collision sport .
Yours is contact .
Big big difference on what that does to te human body

Have a read & get educated
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/201 ... -news.html

Nathan Friend a human missile

Luke Turgeon | May 8th, 2010

Pictures: Titans training, May 6, 2010

HE experiences the same G-forces as a fighter pilot and runs the equivalent distance from Burleigh Heads to Surfers Paradise while clocking speeds in excess of 30km/h.

Titans hooker Nathan Friend has long been regarded as arguably the hardest working player in the NRL.

But now the Bulletin has uncovered the science behind the statistics, with exclusive GPS data revealing the strain placed on the gutsy No.9 every time he plays.

Friend wore a GPS device under his jersey against the Penrith Panthers last week at Skilled Park and the results were astonishing. During 80 minutes, Friend ran 10.65km with a top speed of 8.5m a second, while his heart rate peaked at 190bpm.

But the most amazing data came from the magnitude of the collisions.

Friend experienced 74 impacts above a G-force of 8, which is higher than that felt by a Formula One driver (5G) or an astronaut (7G).

"In terms of what it would do to a regular person, well most people wouldn't get up," said Titans strength and conditioning coach and Bond University assistant professor Chris McLellan.

"Basically these guys over the course of the season get conditioned for the collision.

"It is not something normal people are accustomed to.

"In terms of Friend being the hardest working man in the NRL, it would be impossible for me to know because I don't know what every other player is doing.

"But he is covering the most ground by far for us and he certainly had the highest number of collisions. He is topping out all of our categories in terms of the number of sprints and his heart rate, because let's face it, he doesn't stop."

The GPS devices are fitted with an accelerometer, which uses satellites to determine change of velocity.

"Impact data is obtained from being tackled and tackling, but also tackle breaks and say if you are already in a tackle and someone else jumps on top of you," said McLellan.

"It is the same as the GPS in your car, it tells you how quickly you are moving and how quickly you stop and then gives you the G-forces.

"It gives us a good indication and we use it as a monitoring tool."

Friend is renowned for his high workrate, which regularly includes nearly 50 tackles a game, most of which are made bringing down opposition big men.

"I have been used to the contact since I was six years old," said the reigning Paul Broughton Medallist.

"We took part in a study last year to measure our bone density at Griffith University.

"It showed our bones are probably twice as strong as a normal person.
You leave out one important factor
Ours is a collision sport .
Yours is contact .
Big big difference on what that does to te human body

Have a read & get educated
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/201 ... -news.html
I'm not doubting that. However, high intensity running for only 500m a game is laughable
:(/ :(/ :(/ AFL is such a joke LOL.

90 interchanges down from 120 But, But , But :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 am

the data I sourced states RL players only cover 150-350m with high intensity running. Dont accuse me for lying when I'm only quoting official figures which were published in a peer reviewed journal. [-X

Of course you could always provide some of your own data for once instead of claiming victory based on your opinion :lol:
You dropped the 'high intensity' part out of your previous post and tried to make it like rugby league players only run a few hundred metres per game. That's bullshit, they run several ks every game. And NRL teams don't get...wait for it.... 90 interchanges, down from 120!

You like that data nlol? It's the absolute unquestionable facts I'm posting, not my opinion you silly silly man :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

SportCapital wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Let him have his tugfest.
Don't let data get in the way of a hell of a laugh.
We all know the truth here.

Fabricating rubbish is ke's speciality.
But at the end of the day you still can't Polish a turd.
:lol: it's nlols little bro coming in trying to save him from an absolute pounding! :lol:

It's like "comon bro, let him say what he wants, we know he's a bad bad man"

Alls I'm saying is afl players get shiiiiiiit loads of rest time, more than all the other footy codes, much much much more resty my legs times. They also have a longer playing time. This is not my opinion, it's the cold hard truth. For anyone with half a brain, these simple FACTS, this REALITY means it is not that outstanding or impressive that they run a few more ks per game than the other codes.

Actually when you think of how many rests the afl lads get per game, their supposed endurance running is not that impressive at all!

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:23 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 am

You dropped the 'high intensity' part out of your previous post and tried to make it like rugby league players only run a few hundred metres per game. That's bullshit, they run several ks every game. And NRL teams don't get...wait for it.... 90 interchanges, down from 120!

You like that data nlol? It's the absolute unquestionable facts I'm posting, not my opinion you silly silly man :lol:
they run 150m-350m at maximum intensity, which is what I stated in the original post. Not my fault you cant understand context.

Who the hell needs breaks when you only run 10% of your game time? :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: ^^^ keeps trying to argue with me that NRL players don't run massive distances when I've never said or suggested that do :lol:

Here's some more data for ya nlol

Avg healthy human walking speed - 7km per hour
Average hours of an afl game - 2hours
Approx. Average distance covered by afl player per afl game? 14km

Can anyone tell me, what's 7X2? :lol: :lol: :lol: members and guests don't be fooled! There's nothing special about the distance afl players run per game. They get shiiiitloads of breaks and if I started walking during each of the four quarters I could walk further than the avg afl player covers over four quarters.

Please nlol, I'm only telling the cold hard truth here. Don't get upset and try point ur finger at the NRL ok? :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:32 am
:lol: ^^^ keeps trying to argue with me that NRL players don't run massive distances when I've never said or suggested that do :lol:

Here's some more data for ya nlol

Avg healthy human walking speed - 7km per hour
Average hours of an afl game - 2hours
Approx. Average distance covered by afl player per afl game? 14km

Can anyone tell me, what's 7X2? :lol: :lol: :lol: members and guests don't be fooled! There's nothing special about the distance afl players run per game. They get shiiiitloads of breaks and if I started walking during each of the four quarters I could walk further than the avg afl player covers over four quarters.

Please nlol, I'm only telling the cold hard truth here. Don't get upset and try point ur finger at the NRL ok? :lol:
you keep digging yourself further and further into a hole. If the average walking speed is 7kms/hr and the average NRL player covers only 5kms in 80 minutes they move at walking speed or slower for the vast majority of the game. Therefore a decent amount of their game is taken up by standing still, not requiring any breaks :mrgreen:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:26 pm
SportCapital wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:14 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:41 pm
Of course you'd think that .
If it was about an Aflol player you'd be nodding & believing it all.
Bull shit.
I know for a fact the quickest AFL players top out just shy of 36.
Your the one nodding along. 39, really?
Even the great GI would have a chuckle at this one. :(/
agree. Even the NRLs own figures for their elite SOO teams this year achieved only 34m/s, yet somehow Inglis achieved 39 based on a commentators word. Hilarious
If you watch that try in real time you see GI cover 50m in 5.5sec at full tilt. That only equates to 32.7km/h. (Blistering)
AFL's quickest 35.6km/h. :(/
He'd need to shave almost a second of that time to achieve 39km/h.
But if Rabs said it, must be true. Did they actually think anyone would believe that, oh, wait a minute.....

Just another fudge. I'll add it to the pile.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

Nic Nat proves that you can be quick at 201cm 109kg.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... zrpix.html
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Have you AFL loons lost the ability to read or do you only read what suits you?
HE experiences the same G-forces as a fighter pilot and runs the equivalent distance from Burleigh Heads to Surfers Paradise while clocking speeds in excess of 30km/h.
Friend wore a GPS device under his jersey against the Penrith Panthers last week at Skilled Park and the results were astonishing. During 80 minutes, Friend ran 10.65km with a top speed of 8.5m a second, while his heart rate peaked at 190bpm.
And throw in 50 tackles
Friend experienced 74 impacts above a G-force of 8, which is higher than that felt by a Formula One driver (5G) or an astronaut (7G).
....90 interchanges down frown 120 :(/ :(/ :(/

Its about endurance speed really doesn't come into it. But, just to bring youse brainwashed AFL supporters back to earth . North Queensland,'s, Gillion Mosby was clocked at 10.21 over 100m. Just .43 outside the time Bolt won gold at the Rio Olympics.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:36 pm
Have you AFL loons lost the ability to read or do you only read what suits you?
And throw in 50 tackles
....90 interchanges down frown 120 :(/ :(/ :(/
The data I provided is not selective, it's from over 20 NRL players over multiple games, and was published in a peer review journal. J Strength Cond Res. 2011 Jun;25(6):1703-10. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181ddf678. Let me remind you of some of the finer points:
- total distance travelled backs (5,573 ± 1,128 m) and forwards (4,982 ± 1,185 m)
- backs completed sprints (18 ± 6), had less time between sprints (3.2 ± 1.1 minutes), achieved a greater total duration of sprinting (44.7 ± 9.1 seconds), and covered more distance sprinting (321 ± 74 m)
- forwards did (6.8 ± 0.7 m · s(-1), 11 ± 5, 5.2 ± 2.2 minutes, 25.8 ± 9.2 seconds, and 153 ± 38 m, respectively).

These numbers are laughable. 5k total distance, 18 sprints, 153-321m covered sprinting, Who the hell would need breaks with such poor output?

Meanwhile AFL players covered over 12kms, had nearly 100 sprints, and about half the time between sprints