Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Post by King-Eliagh »

And is collingwood one of the Afl clubs embroiled in mass doping like essendon?

We all know essendon were only but one club that appeared to be using and abusing players like drug fuelled guinea pigs. Four corners proved that a few years back. But since those investigations the afl have been superb in keeping things quiet and, as sports capital would argue... 'protecting their assets' at all costs. [-X why didn't we hear of the additional needed investigations into the clubs four corners exposed???

So what is Eddie telling us here? The interchange rule changes so therefore clubs could and should abuse the anti doping laws?

Deary deary me. I have no idea why Eddie would make such a point. :?

[-X

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/12/07/12/ ... e-drug-use
Last edited by King-Eliagh on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Re: Is Eddie telling us collingwood are one of the many...

Post by King-Eliagh »

In light of the afls recent history and the exposure four corners produced on clubs undertaking similar drug doping regimes to essendon... eddies comments reek of a premonition, an excuse so to speak [-X

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

90 interchanges
Lol,
Supreme athletes .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

Let's not forget they also get many many many stoppages of play throughout the game. Ball up, penalties, ball out, goal, behind, etc. :lol:

But yeah with all those tests and interchanges ...they run a coupla more ks than the average rugby league player whilst engaging in much less physicality :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I played both games at club level. Rugby league is way more tiring. It's just harder all round. But yeah, Eddie reckons the afl boys might need performance enhancers,". Tsk tsk tsk

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

It must be very tiring walking along behind the ball in RL
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Say what you like LOL, But whenever there's been any sort of contest testing skill levels , endurance , speed or stamina the League player always seems to comes out on top. And given AFL players penchant for taking performance enhancers - well what can you say other than pathetic.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Say what you like LOL, But whenever there's been any sort of contest testing skill levels , endurance , speed or stamina the League player always seems to comes out on top. And given AFL players penchant for taking performance enhancers - well what can you say other than pathetic.

Your allowed 90 interchanges in a match??? - 90??? Are these people for real? - down from 120 :(/ :(/ :(/

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 am
Say what? Didnt Cronulla players also admit to using cjc? Then we have Earl and Kennedy etc

You wont win this one
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:21 am

Your allowed 90 interchanges in a match??? - 90??? Are these people for real? - down from 120 :(/ :(/ :(/
Distance covered in AFL is far far higher than RL. To keep players capable of running at full pace over that period the breaks are necessary.

Falou showed how poorly conditioned RL players are for stamina. Even after dedicated training for it he was still useless
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think we all know both codes have different skill sets and different athletic requirements. Rl and union are more strength based whereas Australian Rules is more about fitness and stamina hence differerubf body types.

And ke if you think there are a lot of stoppages at afl level because the ball is up the other end you need look more closely when you are at a game. Much to my disappointment the old set position is a thing of the past. Most players are within a quarter of the oval where the ball is. The amount of work a fo to do leading up and back for instance .
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:17 am
I think we all know both codes have different skill sets and different athletic requirements. Rl and union are more strength based whereas Australian Rules is more about fitness and stamina hence differerubf body types.

And ke if you think there are a lot of stoppages at afl level because the ball is up the other end you need look more closely when you are at a game. Much to my disappointment the old set position is a thing of the past. Most players are within a quarter of the oval where the ball is. The amount of work a fo to do leading up and back for instance .
The had numerous different events. but but but

90 interchange players???? down from 120 :roll:

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

They could have 1 interchange or 1000. Tje effect is it allows players to maintain maximum pace for longer, which wins games. Its all relative
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 am
Fred wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:17 am

The had numerous different events. but but but

90 interchange players???? down from 120 :roll:
What are you on about here ??? Numerous different events ???
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

90 - down from 120 :lol:

As thread creator I am quite happy for this to be now becoming the central theme. :lol:

It's really quite incredible when you think about it , isn't it :lol: then they reckon they need to throw in some performance enhancers to boot! What wimps the modern afl players are. :lol:

xman wrote: