Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:23 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:11 am
Ultra high physical effort .lol
Yep I'd imagine it's very taxing running to & from the interchange bench continuously
How many times does a player interchange aflcrap?

On Average these great athletes :rofl: would be interchanged every 13 or 14min but that is an improvement. A coupe of years ago they would be lucky to see out 10 - :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Its a very good point you raise AFLcrap , how many Km would players clock up when there running on & off the field? And would there trips on and off be classified as high intensity endurance running :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Well 90 changes over 120 minutes. 1 change per quarter assuming constant roatatuon?

See all those articles ? The research is telling you something
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

https://www.insidesport.com.au/news/ing ... don-472359

Inglis said having to lose so much weight and transform his body was the determinging factor in him remaining in the NRL.

He consequently signed with South Sydney before helping them to the 2014 premiership.

“In the end I told them I would love to but I didn’t want to run that far,” Inglis joked.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:16 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:46 pm

Afl number one in racist crowd on field and institutional incidents of all footy codes in Aus

Afl number one on sexist and sexual Harassment institutional discretionary act of any footy code in A
us

Shall I go on? Well :lol: yes I must as this thread dearly needs to get back on topic
None of these are facts. This is guesswork based on Media coverage. Get back to me when you have actual data.
Afl number one in resty my legs time of any footy code in Aus! :lol:

Fact is there's 40 mins stoppage time per game in Aussie rules. There's just nothing quite like it! :lol: endurance supremos they are not :lol:
Afl
Fact is if theres 40 minutes of stoppage time, its added on at the end of the quarter. Like soccer and rugby codes injury time is added at the end of the half. In the AFL this is known as "time on/off". Time acually stops, and then continues for certain period - goals scored, boundary throw ins etc.

Tell me more about stoppages when you arent stopping play for every fucking tackle, penalty, try, conversion, scrum, or whatever else you do.
Lordy me, Wookie! What the hell are you doing back in here?? I told you to have 80 days rest and, well, it appears you took my astute advice and took a big rest (I hope ur feeling less cranky and ur mind is much clearer now :) ) but!! Wookie? It's only been about 50 days since I gave you your marching orders so please, do urself a favour and just get the rest you need. It's xmas for fukks sake! :lol:

As for ur post,

1. I'm afraid the sheer weight of evidence is undeniable. The afl ARE the number 1 football code in Australia .. when it comes to racism and sexism [-X please Wookie, don't be a Donald trump and deny the overwhelming evidence through news reports. This is the ignoramous way of denial, you can do better Wookie. [-X

2. Yes, Fact is there's forty mins of stoppage time in the afl :lol: and it's also fact that soccer and other codes have way way way way less stoppage time so youve really given urself a nasty uppercut by mentioning the other codes in the same light there :lol:

3. You again compare by crankily mentioning I should come back to you when rugby league doesn't stop play for try's conversions tackles penalties and scrums :lol: errrrmmm are you suggesting there's more try's in rugby league than goals in afl? More conversions in league than behinds on afl? More scrums than ball ins and ball ups? More tackles than marks? More penalties in a rugby league game than frees in afl? :lol:

Oh dear wookster, and thus ain't even mentioning 32mins complete rests and wait for it .... 90 interchanges...down from 120 :(/

Come back to me after you've gotten yourself more rest wookster, you need it! :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:47 pm
JUst because im not posting much doesnt mean Im not reading. Ive been too flat out with actual work to worry about your bullshit
Ahh Wookie, I got no time for ur excuses bro. Either get back to the 80 day hiatus I commanded or contribute to my great thread. Don't come in here whinging about ur workload bro. Me and mah members and guests don't have time for that shite in here. K?

:lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:roll:

Ok we've had a slight mishap here with our illustrious admin wookie deciding to have a public whinge about his workload, followed by a wookie ("I'll post what I like when I like" :? :x :( ) hissy fit a four year old would be ashamed of :lol:

But no! I won't let this most popular likely fastest thread to 200 posts of all times in tfc history finish like that! No way Jose!

So in summary this thread has told us:

1. That afl athletes should not be considered supreme endurance athletes. They have good endurance but not supreme, this is true because of the simple fact they get more time and much more rest time to run the distance they do.

2. Wookie's workload is too high and it's causing him to chuck hissy fits right left and centre. To support wookie, we as tf members should draft a letter of support to wookies boss. If wookie agrees I'm happy to draft

It's been a wonderful thread folks, I wanna make special thanks to aflcrap and pussycat who helped direct the theme of the thread to focus on the insane amount of resty my legs time that afl players get. I've learnt quite a bit and must say that it's been really enlightening as I too was one of the folk who used to think afl athletes were up there when it came to endurance. I'm happy I now know the truth :D:

On a lesser note I'd like to thank our afl fans, sport and particularly nlol who continued to make us laugh and laugh as with reckless abandon they continued to blabber and blubber on about the distance afl players ran. The evidence they provided was interesting, but it simply didn't stand up against the weight of the mass amount of resty my legs time each and every afl player gets :(/ it sure was funny.

Finally, I'd just like to say one more time.... 90 interchanges.... Down from 120!!!

:(/ :(/ :(/ :-# :(/ :(/ :(/

xman wrote: