Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Post by King-Eliagh »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:30 am
P.S FRED>>

I am not sure what did happen regards to your ban or even if you were banned>>

I also did not find you giving out personal info recently>>
unless posters can in lighten me..

K.E please do not accuse Anyone of being another username>
we do not want spam of this happening
Ahhh :hmm: excuse me Leeroy my johnny come lately mod but the man by the user name Fred openly admitted to changing his name from phelpsy a few years back so perhaps before you go assuming you know what's right and wrong around these parts you should do some inquiry first next time? K? There's a lad ;)

As to you deleting my post and no one else's including ur own junky spam post I've quoted above... how's about you do a proper fukkin job of it and delete about six of the posts in this thread that freddy aka phelpsy started when he walked on in like that saddest sod in town :cry: claiming he was banned for no reason. What the fukk did all that have to do with my glorious thread, quite possibly the fastest thread to 150 posts in the history of talking footy??? So why single my post out whilst freddys cry and afl craps appropriate retort stay?

Leeroy? Pickup yer fukkin game bro. Mod like a mod or stand down and let Terry aka 'the voice of reason' assume the role :lol:

:afro:

Yours sincerely,

King-Eliagh (talking footy boss and inaugural member) :x :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

pussycat wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:31 am

Its not really that difficult a concept Fred.

18 players 90 interchanges (down from 120) over 120m

A further 40m worth of breaks on the field. over 120m

Plus a further 32m worth of breaks off the field.

These people may be fit, in the same sense as my niece who does an hour of aerobics twice a week. But it certainly doesn't qualify them as an elite athlete.

I would describe somebody that ran the equivalent of surfers Paradise to Burley heads in 80min. Makes 50 tackles along the way and experienced 78 collisions that have greater G-force than Astronauts or jet fighter pilot experience as an elite sportsmen. Or maybe an elite athlete would be someone who could run the hundred in 4 or 5 tenths of a second outside the time that Usain Bolt won gold at Rio.

So yes, while I do agree with you that fitness is a broad term there is a huge distance between someone who is fit and some who is an elite athlete.
Okay I’ll just correct and query a few things here pussy.

Firstly, 18 players on the feild at anyone time with four on the bench.

Secondly, are you saying for each 30 minute quarter there are 10 minutes a player rests or has a break. I would be extremely surprised by this but feel free to show some support for this assertion.

90 interchanges ... which is a maximum. Do you know on average how many a player may have a quarter/game? I suspect the mid feild players would have the most as often on a rotation and for some reason they get a goal kicker to come off too after a goal is scored which does my head in. So that’s roughly 22 changes a quarter yes? That would allow just over 1 change per person on average per quarter. Then how long is that rest I wonder?

I think it is important to clarrify also what is an elite athlete and smeonecwgo is extremely fit ... and I turn to define fit. Is a sumo wrestler at the top of their game considered an elite athlete ? Is he considered an athlete? A mate of mine represented Australia in a sport ... is he elite ... does the sport define whether he is an athlete. It was bocce by the way.

Then there is fit. Is this determined by aerobic and anaerobic functioning? Is it strength? Is is dexterity ? Is it stamina and endurance ... is it all of the above ?

Again, I think players playing at the top level of all the football codes are athletes, elite athletes and moreso nowadays, fit. This is there job and they train in one form or another 7 days a week. I know the preseason training for afl clubs is a killer and assume it is the same for Rl, ru, and soccer. Added to this I think all the Football codes have and require differenubg attribute. I think strength is obviously integral to the rugby codes. Being fast and agile and being able to continually run at one level or another is integral to soccer and afl .. as too are repeat efforts in doing this. Yet elements of each are required in all games. Soccer and afl are by nature a running game whereas league and union for the main is a at the heart a strengths basec game. Afl requires strength and nrl requires running and fast breaking players. Comparing sports that are totally different really makes no sense. I can see how it is probably engrained from Rl and ru supporter comparing codes as obviously similar in many ways ...whereas Australian rules is so much removed from what the rugby codes are it makes little sense to compare.

I did a quick google..and sports illustrated had worlds fittest spirts men or something like that. Several baseball players in there which I found strange. I’m sure the guys are fit but how fit do you have to be to play baseball. They had a lot of CrossFit guys as well and gridiron players and 1 allblack.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:31 am
pussycat wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:31 am

Its not really that difficult a concept Fred.

18 players 90 interchanges (down from 120) over 120m

A further 40m worth of breaks on the field. over 120m

Plus a further 32m worth of breaks off the field.

These people may be fit, in the same sense as my niece who does an hour of aerobics twice a week. But it certainly doesn't qualify them as an elite athlete.

I would describe somebody that ran the equivalent of surfers Paradise to Burley heads in 80min. Makes 50 tackles along the way and experienced 78 collisions that have greater G-force than Astronauts or jet fighter pilot experience as an elite sportsmen. Or maybe an elite athlete would be someone who could run the hundred in 4 or 5 tenths of a second outside the time that Usain Bolt won gold at Rio.

So yes, while I do agree with you that fitness is a broad term there is a huge distance between someone who is fit and some who is an elite athlete.
Okay I’ll just correct and query a few things here pussy.

Firstly, 18 players on the feild at anyone time with four on the bench.

Secondly, are you saying for each 30 minute quarter there are 10 minutes a player rests or has a break. I would be extremely surprised by this but feel free to show some support for this assertion.

90 interchanges ... which is a maximum. Do you know on average how many a player may have a quarter/game? I suspect the mid feild players would have the most as often on a rotation and for some reason they get a goal kicker to come off too after a goal is scored which does my head in. So that’s roughly 22 changes a quarter yes? That would allow just over 1 change per person on average per quarter. Then how long is that rest I wonder?

I think it is important to clarrify also what is an elite athlete and smeonecwgo is extremely fit ... and I turn to define fit. Is a sumo wrestler at the top of their game considered an elite athlete ? Is he considered an athlete? A mate of mine represented Australia in a sport ... is he elite ... does the sport define whether he is an athlete. It was bocce by the way.

Then there is fit. Is this determined by aerobic and anaerobic functioning? Is it strength? Is is dexterity ? Is it stamina and endurance ... is it all of the above ?

Again, I think players playing at the top level of all the football codes are athletes, elite athletes and moreso nowadays, fit. This is there job and they train in one form or another 7 days a week. I know the preseason training for afl clubs is a killer and assume it is the same for Rl, ru, and soccer. Added to this I think all the Football codes have and require differenubg attribute. I think strength is obviously integral to the rugby codes. Being fast and agile and being able to continually run at one level or another is integral to soccer and afl .. as too are repeat efforts in doing this. Yet elements of each are required in all games. Soccer and afl are by nature a running game whereas league and union for the main is a at the heart a strengths basec game. Afl requires strength and nrl requires running and fast breaking players. Comparing sports that are totally different really makes no sense. I can see how it is probably engrained from Rl and ru supporter comparing codes as obviously similar in many ways ...whereas Australian rules is so much removed from what the rugby codes are it makes little sense to compare.

I did a quick google..and sports illustrated had worlds fittest spirts men or something like that. Several baseball players in there which I found strange. I’m sure the guys are fit but how fit do you have to be to play baseball. They had a lot of CrossFit guys as well and gridiron players and 1 allblack.

The AFL loons told me there was 18 and 4 bench players. I'm not aware how many elderly pensioner take the field in an AFL game and to be honest and I couldn't care less.

40m was the number KE came up with and I see no reason to doubt him, I believe he has played the game

Maybe its more breaks its definately isn't any less

yes 90 interchanges down from - 120 what a joke :(/ :(/ :(/ basically a tag team event. Player are forced into 13m of game time before he put his hand up. Surely there has to be a law against this type of punishment :roll:

Fred, why are you waffling on with much so meaningless shit ? Your fitness definitions are astounding. You've put a lot of work into coming up with that lot. In a sport that is based on running around freely and players need to get substituted every 13m on average doesn’t say much about AFL fitness levels.

Have to agree though. There all athletes, some just a lot more so than others.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I did a quick google and there are a few articles on this .. done journal articles as well based on gps data and accelatronetres I think they were called. I’ll see if I can post a link.

I think if you are talking fitness a definition of what that is is important. Rugby league requires a different fitness to afl I believe basically based on strength requirements (nrl) and endurance (afl).

I doubt there is 10 minutes each quarter of standing around or resting in afl. I’ve played the game too and would say there wouldn’t be that level of standing around these days at club level lol. Definetely not at afl level. If you go to a game most the players congragrste around the ball in a quarter of feild .. which I hate by the way.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

I can fully understand where Eddie is coming from . How can anyone be expected to run for 12min without a rest . Is it any wonder that many AFL players are already using Performance enhancers. And if the number of interchanges is lowered they could all be on them. Could you even begin to imagine having to run for 14 or 15minutes without a break - Just imagine it. The mind simply boggles at the very thought.

But I think sports boy had some good ideas. Imagine how much faster the game would be if they were all on performance enhancers. There would be no need for an interchange bench. Think of the cost reductions! The AFL has a very one sided competition, so why not set up some type of draft like scenario were the PEDs are dispensed on a 'need' basis. Teams like the Suns and Freemantle would be constantly juiced up while sides like Richmond would be dosed more sparringly with there intake. This type of system would have the ability to wipe out tanking
overnight.

And it needn't stop there. AFL have always struggled when it comes to TV ratings, a decade of silver medals does not paint a pretty picture. But what if players were encouraged to take mind altering drugs - LSD. Players taking acid trips, live and in prime time. Wow, ratings would be through the roof, silver medals would be a thing of the past :roll:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

pussycat wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:43 am
I can fully understand where Eddie is coming from . How can anyone be expected to run for 12min without a rest . Is it any wonder that many AFL players are already using Performance enhancers. And if the number of interchanges is lowered they could all be on them. Could you even begin to imagine having to run for 14 or 15minutes without a break - Just imagine it. The mind simply boggles at the very thought.

But I think sports boy had some good ideas. Imagine how much faster the game would be if they were all on performance enhancers. There would be no need for an interchange bench. Think of the cost reductions! The AFL has a very one sided competition, so why not set up some type of draft like scenario were the PEDs are dispensed on a 'need' basis. Teams like the Suns and Freemantle would be constantly juiced up while sides like Richmond would be dosed more sparringly with there intake. This type of system would have the ability to wipe out tanking
overnight.

And it needn't stop there. AFL have always struggled when it comes to TV ratings, a decade of silver medals does not paint a pretty picture. But what if players were encouraged to take mind altering drugs - LSD. Players taking acid trips, live and in prime time. Wow, ratings would be through the roof, silver medals would be a thing of the past :roll:
Yes,........some,...... ah, good ideas there......? :****:

But struggling?
I'm not so sure Pussycat.

Number One most watched competition in the country!
:rock:
Number One most attended competition in the country! :rock:
Number One biggest broadcast deal in the country!
Number One highest played players of any football code in the country!
Number One expansion trajectory in the country!
Number One, two, three, four and five (arguably sixth) best stadia in the country! All City centrally located!
Number One most dynamic game play of any football code in the country!
Number One women's footy league in the country!

So Pusssycat! If you wouldn't mind....
Point out which bit should they be putting some more effort into?

If that's struggling, I'm interested to know how you categorise the NRL's position?
One word will do.
I can think of one if you're "struggling". Sounds like "PLUCKED" :(/
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

At least you're consistant with your lies .

Your first point is 100% wrong .
You know it .yet you still post it .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:47 pm

No it's not.
Name the competition that had a larger viewership than the AFL did this year?
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

SportCapital wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:57 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:47 pm

No it's not.
Name the competition that had a larger viewership than the AFL did this year?
Conceding the rest are we......?
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

Oh, I nearly forgot.
Along with,

Number One most attended competition in the country!
Number One, two, three, four and five (arguably sixth) best stadia in the country! All City centrally located!

You can add,
Number One supported competition in the country!

One in every 26 Australians support their club! =D

This can be best represented as a ratio. 26:1 (for crap)
Add in AFL and the magnificent MCC members and that ratio gets even smaller.

Now, with the point on stadia being my opinion and the rest facts, I'm going to presume this will be your only point of conjecture. But I'm up for a suprise.
ATM all I hear are crickets.

Wow, just Wow! :\:
I've not seen it compiled like this before.
Nine number ones. :\:
How do you like them apples? :-({|=
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol you're still wrong .
RL wins the most viewers
Year after year .

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Some of those points are not fact .
Just your opinion .

Expansion trajectory..oh dear ..

Most dynamic game ..lol that's not fact..no matter how many times you say it ..it's an opinion .

You really are a sad case

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think the point being made is most watched competition as to most watched sport. Are you comparing the afl competition to the nrl competition Sports?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

SportCapital wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:09 am
Oh, I nearly forgot.
Along with,

Number One most attended competition in the country!

You can add,
Number One supported competition in the country!

One in every 26 Australians support their club! =D

This can be best represented as a ratio. 26:1 (for crap)
Add in AFL and the magnificent MCC members and that ratio gets even smaller.

Now, with the point on stadia being my opinion and the rest facts, I'm going to presume this will be your only point of conjecture. But I'm up for a suprise.
ATM all I hear are crickets.

Wow, just Wow! :\:
I've not seen it compiled like this before.
Nine number ones. :\:
How do you like them apples? :-({|=
Just out of curiosity what are AFL players paid?

You people sure put a lot of faith in Gilliganspeak :rofl:

You might like to add Shanghai, Most successful overseas venture, to your other fairy tales.

SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:24 am
Lol you're still wrong .
RL wins the most viewers
Year after year .
No, I'm not wrong. Stop lying!
The AFL is the most watched competition in the country by the length of the Flemington straight! (3m odd people)
Add to that the 4m odd extra attendees, no other competition comes close. That allot of extra eyes watching.
If you think the AFL give a fat flying fuck about the other lowly competitions think again.
They are solely focused on smashing the NRL to oblivion. As they are the only true rival.
The others a barely a blip on the radar
And the fact you still have a SOO plays to the AFL's advantage. It cripples your domestic competition for the time it's on. Why do you think we don't do it anymore.
Don't get me wrong though I thoroughly enjoy SOO, and hope it continues, being born a banana bender there's nothing sweeter than squishing cockroaches. Game 3 2015 comes to mind. Listening to Gus in that one is very entertaining. It just doesn't get old.