Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 pm
Add to that the two afl stadia in Syd have been upgraded or rebuilt so that afl fans have great new stadia & amenities costing hundreds of millions & now that other sport fans are going to get the same it's a major issue
Hypocrites the lot of them
people in NSW are annoyed at the waste. I can see their point of view
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Of course afl fans think it's a waste .
I explained why
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Add to that the two afl stadia in Syd have been upgraded or rebuilt so that afl fans have great new stadia & amenities costing hundreds of millions & now that other sport fans are going to get the same it's a major issue
The stands at the SCG, namely Churchill, Brewongle and O’Reilly are decades older than both Allianz and ANZ Stadiums and the facilities (female toilets, shops and exits etc) way out of date for a stadium that regularly attracts much bigger average crowds than the other two stadiums that are set to be bulldozed and rebuilt. Where is the funding to bring the older more popular SCG up to today’s standards expected for Allianz and ANZ? Huh?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Over 145,000+ signatures to petition to stop wasted taxpayers spending on stadiums in Sydney.

https://www.change.org/p/premier-bereji ... c-stadiums

The pro stadiums rebuild petition has a little over 100 signatures last time I looked. Are you taking notice NSW Government?
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

Why would there be a pro-stadium petition. The decision has been made to build the stadiums, there is no need to CHANGE, which is what a petition is for. Jesus Weeps at your stupidity
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:09 pm
The stands at the SCG, namely Churchill, Brewongle and O’Reilly are decades older than both Allianz and ANZ Stadiums and the facilities (female toilets, shops and exits etc) way out of date for a stadium that regularly attracts much bigger average crowds than the other two stadiums that are set to be bulldozed and rebuilt. Where is the funding to bring the older more popular SCG up to today’s standards expected for Allianz and ANZ? Huh?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I've read where those stands are not to Be touched due to heritage etc .

🤣
Xman wrote
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

post_hoc wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:33 am
Why do they need to 'put money in' all three of those organisations have guaranteed major events for next X years. Which DWARFS $10 million that the AFL throws in. Mind you would love to know IF the AFL then gets honeymoon rental agreements, wouldn't surprise me if they did. So Government might get a little off the construction cost, but the stadium management gets less during the operational stage.
Yeah good point :thumbleft:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:30 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I've read where those stands are not to Be touched due to heritage etc .
Yep heritage listed ..members & ladies .
I suspect you knew that.
So that fucks your argument about funding for those stands
They can't be touched .

🤣
Xman wrote
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:46 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Yep heritage listed ..members & ladies .
I suspect you knew that.
So that fucks your argument about funding for those stands
They can't be touched .
Where did I mention the heritage listed members or ladies stands? FFS it’s obvious you have no fucking idea when it comes to issues in Sydney. Google an SCG map you dumb arse. #-o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

post_hoc wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm
Why would there be a pro-stadium petition.
A good question for those promoting the petition on RL forums I guess. Clearly they’re spooked by the taxpayers of NSW reaction to this monumental waste of taxpayers money.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

While ya there beatup...........any comment on your hero Fitzsimons pocketing 8K for hosting a childhood cancer fund raiser????
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:01 pm
While ya there beatup...........any comment on your hero Fitzsimons pocketing 8K for hosting a childhood cancer fund raiser????
As you lot would normally say... source = News Ltd :roll:

Fitzy is certainly making NSW coalition MPs nervous.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:06 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:01 pm
As you lot would normally say... source = News Ltd :roll:

Fitzy is certainly making NSW coalition MPs nervous.
Thanks beatup. Fitzsimons actually admitted pocketing the money but couldn't remember drinking every bottle of red wine within reach or stealing food off other peoples plates. Fancy that lololololololololoolol.

Looks like you have joined in with our other fumbling posters below.
3-Wise-Monkeys.jpg
3-Wise-Monkeys.jpg (27.63 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

The real story and facts are starting to appear and there is no doubt the NSW Government and nervous MPs knows this is toxic.
$2b stadium defence slammed as relying on 'fantasy figures'
Sean Nicholls

Premier Gladys Berejiklian's claim that the $2 billion cost of knocking down and rebuilding two Sydney sports stadiums represents 1 per cent of spending on health and education is actually more like 17 per cent, prompting claims the government is using "fantasy figures"

In a bid to deflect criticism of the $2 billion plan to raze and rebuild ANZ stadium at Homebush Bay and Allianz stadium at Moore Park, Ms Berejiklian and Sports Minister Stuart Ayres have stated the government will spend about $200 billion on health and education between 2018 and 2022.

However, this figure represents mostly recurrent expenditure on health and education, including the wages of nurses and teachers.

When capital spending is isolated to provide a like-for-like comparison, the figure for health and education works is $11.9 billion.

This means that the $2 billion to rebuild Allianz and ANZ represents 16.8 per cent of the health and education capital budget across the forward estimates to 2020-21.

When factoring in an extra year of capital expenditure based on the four-year average of $3 billion to provide like-for-like comparison to 2022, the figure climbs to $14.9 billion.

This means the $2 billion stadium spend represents 13.4 per cent of forecast capital spending on health and education over the period.

Mr Ayres told Fairfax Media: "Stadiums don't require ongoing recurrent expenditure.

"Every new hospital and school requires the NSW government to provide ongoing funding for staff and resources to make those facilities function.

"If you don't compare stadium investment with both recurrent and capital expenditure, then you are comparing an operational stadium with an empty school or hospital."

But shadow treasurer Ryan Park accused Ms Berejiklian and Mr Ayres of "relying on fantasy figures to shore up their flimsy argument".

"To include the salaries of teachers and nurses to inflate their figures is frankly pathetic and shows how desperate they are to prop up a decision they know is toxic," he said.

"The real figure is that for every six dollars this government spends on schools and hospitals another dollar is going to stadiums. That's a ratio they are desperate to keep hidden from the public because it will only inflame public opinion against them.

"The Premier will forever be known as the Premier who knowingly stole from our hospitals and schools to give to stadiums."

Ms Berejiklian has also claimed Allianz and ANZ stadiums together produce annual "revenue" of $1 billion.

She said this meant that "over two years we're paying back their cost".

Asked to provide the research underpinning this claim, Mr Ayres did not directly address the question.

"Revenue generated from facilities such as Parramatta and ANZ stadiums helps subsidise vitally important regional infrastructure such as Newcastle and Wollongong stadiums," he said.

"Stadiums generate $1 billion in economic activity for the state every year. If major events leave NSW due to content owners not hiring NSW stadiums, that figure falls."

Overall the government has pledged to spend $2.5 billion knocking down and rebuilding ANZ, Allianz and Parramatta stadiums.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/2b-stadium-de ... 03q6q.html
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 pm
The real story and facts are starting to appear and there is no doubt the NSW Government and nervous MPs knows this is toxic.
$2b stadium defence slammed as relying on 'fantasy figures'
Sean Nicholls

Premier Gladys Berejiklian's claim that the $2 billion cost of knocking down and rebuilding two Sydney sports stadiums represents 1 per cent of spending on health and education is actually more like 17 per cent, prompting claims the government is using "fantasy figures"

In a bid to deflect criticism of the $2 billion plan to raze and rebuild ANZ stadium at Homebush Bay and Allianz stadium at Moore Park, Ms Berejiklian and Sports Minister Stuart Ayres have stated the government will spend about $200 billion on health and education between 2018 and 2022.

However, this figure represents mostly recurrent expenditure on health and education, including the wages of nurses and teachers.

When capital spending is isolated to provide a like-for-like comparison, the figure for health and education works is $11.9 billion.

This means that the $2 billion to rebuild Allianz and ANZ represents 16.8 per cent of the health and education capital budget across the forward estimates to 2020-21.

When factoring in an extra year of capital expenditure based on the four-year average of $3 billion to provide like-for-like comparison to 2022, the figure climbs to $14.9 billion.

This means the $2 billion stadium spend represents 13.4 per cent of forecast capital spending on health and education over the period.

Mr Ayres told Fairfax Media: "Stadiums don't require ongoing recurrent expenditure.

"Every new hospital and school requires the NSW government to provide ongoing funding for staff and resources to make those facilities function.

"If you don't compare stadium investment with both recurrent and capital expenditure, then you are comparing an operational stadium with an empty school or hospital."

But shadow treasurer Ryan Park accused Ms Berejiklian and Mr Ayres of "relying on fantasy figures to shore up their flimsy argument".

"To include the salaries of teachers and nurses to inflate their figures is frankly pathetic and shows how desperate they are to prop up a decision they know is toxic," he said.

"The real figure is that for every six dollars this government spends on schools and hospitals another dollar is going to stadiums. That's a ratio they are desperate to keep hidden from the public because it will only inflame public opinion against them.

"The Premier will forever be known as the Premier who knowingly stole from our hospitals and schools to give to stadiums."

Ms Berejiklian has also claimed Allianz and ANZ stadiums together produce annual "revenue" of $1 billion.

She said this meant that "over two years we're paying back their cost".

Asked to provide the research underpinning this claim, Mr Ayres did not directly address the question.

"Revenue generated from facilities such as Parramatta and ANZ stadiums helps subsidise vitally important regional infrastructure such as Newcastle and Wollongong stadiums," he said.

"Stadiums generate $1 billion in economic activity for the state every year. If major events leave NSW due to content owners not hiring NSW stadiums, that figure falls."

Overall the government has pledged to spend $2.5 billion knocking down and rebuilding ANZ, Allianz and Parramatta stadiums.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/2b-stadium-de ... 03q6q.html
Beatup: this is what you said when the AFL put in their whiny bitch submission to keep ANZ oval -

'Really starting to get tired of the whining from the NRL about ANZ Stadium.

Why shouldn't Sydney's biggest stadium remain capable of hosting all sports?'

You had no problem spending the money on it if fumblehouse had their stinking nose in the public trough. Now that it is going to be rectangular only you are in bed (aarrrrggghhh!!!!) with Peter (look at me, look at me) Fitzsimons.

Your credibily is shot my friend. Your raging bias has once again ruled you out of sensible debate. Please retire from the argument lest you bring yourself into further disrepute.