Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:32 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 pm
Beaussie wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Playing hardball now eh? :(/

They sound desperate with their threats.
They sound desperate?????? Geez pal the only thing you've contributed to this site lately is regurgitated comic strip activist rants from Australia's biggest idiot. Now that is the definition of desperate!!!!!!!!

What's it like being in bed with Fitzy anyhow lolololololololol?????? Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Medic! Medic!
I’ve been right all along. I knew politically the Stadium splurge would not go down well with NSW voters. You on the other hand... blind faith it would all go to plan. How do you feel now? :rofl:
I normally feel with my hands beatup......what about you lolololololololololololol!!!!

Seriously, your hatred of RL is decaying your soul my friend. Let it go or you will have to ban yourself to footyindustry with that other raging zealot lolololololololololololol.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:19 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 pm

They sound desperate?????? Geez pal the only thing you've contributed to this site lately is regurgitated comic strip activist rants from Australia's biggest idiot. Now that is the definition of desperate!!!!!!!!

What's it like being in bed with Fitzy anyhow lolololololololol?????? Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Medic! Medic!
I’ve been right all along. I knew politically the Stadium splurge would not go down well with NSW voters. You on the other hand... blind faith it would all go to plan. How do you feel now? :rofl:
I normally feel with my hands beatup......what about you lolololololololololololol!!!!

Seriously, your hatred of RL is decaying your soul my friend. Let it go or you will have to ban yourself to footyindustry with that other raging zealot lolololololololololololol.
says the guy frothing at the mouth about a decline in woman's AFL TV ratings......................

Jeez youre a hypocrite
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:35 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:19 pm

says the guy frothing at the mouth about a decline in woman's AFL TV ratings......................

Jeez youre a hypocrite
Well, well, well. An intelligent person might have noticed I haven't posted about the fumbling female mess for quite a while. Why?? Because it has dropped off the cliff by so much no one cares. Back to base camp for you my little friend lolololololololoool!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Food for thought. Good point that if Allianz Stadium is as we are led to believe falling apart, the entire SCG Trust board must go as they’ve clearly been derelict of their duties. And would the NRL really take the NRL GF to a smaller city/staidium just because they didn’t get their way in Sydney?
The Fitz Files: Those responsible for stadium deterioration must go
By Peter FitzSimons2 March 2018 — 6:00pm

“The Berejiklian government’s reckless stadium splurge must stop,” NSW Opposition Leader Luke Foley thundered this week, as he announced that if #StadiumSplurge was not called off, and he was elected, his government would organise the state equivalent of a royal commission to get to the bottom of the whole sorry debacle. Listen – I think I might have mentioned this? – I agree.

But I am hearing ever stronger rumblings that it won’t come to that. After the smoke has cleared, the most likely result is the government will sue for peace, listen to the people, and come up with a compromise option where it only does one stadium – likely the SFS.

For what it’s worth, I can live with that. On one condition: that the government return to Mike Baird’s original vision whereby one body, and one body alone, is responsible for the state’s major stadiums. But here is the key: this would not mean the SCG Trust taking over the Olympic stadium, too. The government’s starting point must be that if the 30-year-old SFS is now such a dangerous heap of junk that it must be bulldozed to keep us safe, then it certainly follows the SCG Trust has to go. There is no precedent anywhere in the developed world for a stadium of that modernity falling to pieces with that rapidity, so it can only be due to a lack of maintenance.

Who is responsible? Its managers, the SCG Trust. The first to walk the plank must be Alan Jones, who has been there for the life of the SFS only to have it die in his hands! And yes, Jones is a powerful man. They are all powerful men, who we have heard a lot from this last fortnight, including most of the bosses of the big sports, together with the bosses of Fox Sports and Nine Sports. (The last of whom employs me on Sundays.) But ultimately, the government that should get our vote is the one that takes the views of those powerful men as just that, and not diktats.

We will know either this government, or the next one, is serious when it holds the powerful to account when things go wrong – and puts its sporting resources towards those with bugger-all voice at all, those in grassroots sports. Lord mayor Clover Moore’s point stands: “What this city most needs is not more places to watch sport, but more places for the people to play sport.” The same goes for the whole state.

If the Berejiklian government resets its whole sporting policy in this field, then we can believe it is serious.

Don't fall for Suncorp bluff

But the NRL has a gun to our head, you say? Blow $2.5 billion on stadiums, or we’ll take the grand final to Brissie.

“Oh yes, we’re serious all right. Try us. We really will take the GF away from the richest city in the country, boasting the largest base of rugby league fans and nine rugby league clubs, and commit to a market a fifth the size, with only two league clubs in the state, with a much more limited chance of having a home team in the contest. We’ll do it, just see if we don’t. We’re really going to do it, and see if Storm fans will travel twice the distance. Just watch us! We’re gunna...”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-fitz-f ... 4z2iq.html
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fitzy
Fitzy
Fitzy
The leader Is good the leader is great
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Food for thought: did Beatup give Pete a kiss on the cheek when they got out of bed this morning??????? Arrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Medic! Medic!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I have never on any other forum seen someone hang on to the rantings of a journo like BEA does .
It's laughable
Bea
Fitzy is not the Messiah
He is not the bastion of truth & justice
He is not a journo looking at both sides
He is a Rl hating idiot whose hate of RL is in nearly every sports article he writes .

& it seems he is your idol .

You poor sap

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:38 pm
I have never on any other forum seen someone hang on to the rantings of a journo like BEA does .
It's laughable
Bea
Fitzy is not the Messiah
He is not the bastion of truth & justice
He is not a journo looking at both sides
He is a Rl hating idiot whose hate of RL is in nearly every sports article he writes .

& it seems he is your idol .

You poor sap
Whilst i dont agree with his sentiment not everyone with a opposing view to NRL HQ is a RL hating idiot. Just another paranoid rant!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .
You really don't have a clue
His hatred of Rl is on show
Has been for years.

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:32 pm
Oh dear .
You really don't have a clue
His hatred of Rl is on show
Has been for years.
I think he holds a many views which are highly critical of other codes yet nowhere have I seen him say he hates RL. Until he says this it is a guess by you, maybe well calculated but still a guess. Given new stadia in Sydney will benefit HIS code as well as RL, my GUESS is it isnt a hatred of RL but rather maybe a hatred of policy which costs money he sees as unnecessary.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

AFL keen to work with Libs, Labor on Etihad revamp

THE AFL is eager to develop the precinct around Etihad Stadium in partnership with either a Labor or Liberal Victorian Government, declaring the Docklands area was an asset for the entire state, not just the League.
Opposition leader Matthew Guy has pledged to scrap a $300 million plan to rebuild Etihad Stadium and revamp the surrounding Docklands precinct if his Liberal government is elected in November.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Luke Foley just said on 2GB that he supports a rebuild of ANZ but not Allianz. This has been my position and that of the NRL since day one. If Ayres & Shepherd stuff this up they should both be sacked.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Luke Foley also stated if plans got under away on Moore Park for the build>

and Labour won the election he would not rebuild the Olympic Stadium.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:11 pm
Luke Foley also stated if plans got under away on Moore Park for the build>

and Labour won the election he would not rebuild the Olympic Stadium.
Yep. And now he's saying he didn't say that he agreed with a rebuild at ANZ lololololololololol. I think it's fair to say he's all over the shop like a mad man's breakfast.........lolololololol. Typical politician. He'll be hammered with yesterdays admission. He musn't realise it can be replayed over & over again. Dill.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

he really is pathetic Mr Foley,

he hops on anything that can cause damage to the Libs

he is all talk and no action>>