Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Post by NlolRL »

Deflection alert
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Ah beatup.....the gift that keeps giving. Do you ever actually read and research anything???? I suspect you just see a headline negative to RL..........start salivating .......and away you go with spittle sliding off ya chin lololololololololol.

No where in the comic strip activist's article does it say anyone from the NRL was suggesting more games would go to the SFS. No no no no no!!!!!! A business case was done by KPMG, an independent company. They suggested a new SFS would be capable of attracting more content i.e. RL games. A fair assumption I would think.

The idiot Fitzsimons article has nothing to do with the NRL. Zero, zilch and nacht!!!!! They weren't quoted and said nothing. In fact right from the start the NRL told the govt it's preference was for a rebuild of ANZ only. A preference I agree with.

You really must get your act in order beatup. Read ALL of the content you are posting. Do some independent research. Find the facts - it's actually not that hard.

In this case the idiot Fitzsimons was squealing like a stuck pig for an independent business case and then when he got it he decided he didn't like it because it showed the economics stacked up. That's the actual story here. Comic strip boy is now ranting against the independent company the dill lolololololoololololololol.

Please take some time beatup, some quiet introspection is always good. Think about how you post things when you get excited by anti RL agenda's. Pause a few moments and see if you can really see what is being said, who is saying it, what the facts are. I hope these few points helps you in the future my friend.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:02 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 pm
The SCG is the swans home ground
Yep.
They had nearly 200 mill spent on it .
Again... funds requested by the SCG Trust, primarily for Cricket. If that was not the case, why was the redevelopment undertaken during the AFL season to have it ready for Cricket/Ashes season?
Where was your outrage there.
The AFL benefitted from the SCG Trust and Cricket NSW lobbying for Government funding.

The SCG still remains much older than Allianz Stadium with terrible facilities for most of the crowds that attend (much bigger crowds than those attending events at Allianz Stadium too I might add). I attended AFLX at Allianz Stadium a couple weeks ago and was impressed with how quick and easy it was to get food, drinks or use facilities. No massive line ups blocking paths like the terrible layout of the SCG facilities.
So go on show where I'm wrong .
Show where the AFL stadia haven't had hundreds of millions spent on them .
Can you point out where the AFL specifically requested these "hundreds of millions" you speak of?

Former Victorian premier and president of AFL club Hawthorn, Jeff Kennett, reckons he already knows which code is on top - and why. He says AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has used his 10 years in the top job to secure hundreds of millions of dollars from governments for AFL ground upgrades, which has put the code on the top of the heap.

"Demetriou has done some wonderful things in his decade of leadership, the most significant in my opinion being how he played off governments against oppositions federal and state to leave the competition with the most wonderful collection of sporting venues any sport occupies in Australia,"
he wrote in Melbourne's Herald Sun on September 25.

"Hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent by us through political manoeuvring under Demetriou's baton, while the AFL has committed so little cash. It's a remarkable achievement."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-27/j ... nt/4985572

There latest Beau was last year when they were lobying the state government for a $300m upgrade of Dockland.

Talk about pot calling kettle black Beau :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ you Melbourne zombies are such hypcrites.

PS Melbourne would be a great location for a Series of the Walking dead
Last edited by pussycat on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:00 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am
NlolRL wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:04 pm

the facilities reflect the popularity of their use. The MCG, Adelaide oval and Perth's new stadium reflect these faicilites extensive use by the public. Same as the tennis precinct in Melbourne. It is upgraded regularly because the public just keep on supporting the event at record levels. The cost becomes justified because it benefits so many people
your still not looking at the fact that it hosts over 200 events yearly,
this is not just for local sports and events but internationally..

it warrants an upgrade for the need to host major events>>
which at the moments the facilities are not up to scratch>>

RUGBY UNION have stated the ground is not up to world cup level to host the world cup>>

what does that tell you NlolRL
Just curious where you get the “over 200 events yearly” figure from?

I counted just 27 events at Allianz Stadium scheduled for 2018.

https://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/allianz-sta ... ll-events/
200 events across ANZ and SFS per year>> (this includes sports of all codes plus concerts and other events)

Together ANZ and Allianz stadiums attracted 3.5 million people a year across 200 events, employing 3650 people directly and supporting a further 5000 jobs. Two new world-class stadiums will create more events, more jobs.

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/rusted-a ... zyysk.html

https://www.nsw.gov.au/your-government/ ... ts-to-nsw/
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

lol Walking DEAD>>> would need a lot of AMMO

how many articles does FITZY need to write on this subject>> talk about V for Vendetta
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

He just churns out the articles
The hyopcrites( AFL ZOMBIES) hang on every word like it's gospel .

Funny how they never question if there's an agenda by the author .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:08 pm
He just churns out the articles
The hyopcrites( AFL ZOMBIES) hang on every word like it's gospel .

Funny how they never question if there's an agenda by the author .
As funny as you tossers ignoring everything a RL critic says?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Finally common sense from the Premier and NSW Government. Yep, winning the next election matters more than some MOU with the NRL.

As for the NRL and their threats to take the GF interstate... oh please do, you’ll turn off even more fans in Sydney/NSW as you chase money interstate. :(/

NRL threatens to move Grand Final to Queensland if NSW government changes its stadium policy
By Chris OKeefe • State Political Reporter
6:13pm Mar 1, 2018

The National Rugby League has threatened to take the grand final to Queensland if the NSW Government changes its mind on rebuilding ANZ Stadium.

9NEWS has learned high level government discussions are taking place about winding back the $2.3 billion stadium rebuild plan. One of the options includes postponing the redevelopment of ANZ Stadium at Olympic Park with one senior source declaring "it's a live option."

If the government changes its policy, the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the NRL and NSW Government in November will be torn up.

The NRL agreed to guarantee the grand final will be played in Sydney for the next 25 years on the proviso a world class rectangular stadium was built at Olympic Park.

Former Queensland Premier and chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission Peter Beattie told 9NEWS if the obligations are not met, there is no longer a deal.

"No one should be under any illusions the Queensland Government want it (grand final). I've already had the Queensland Minister (Sports Minister Kate Jones) ring me," Mr Beattie said.

"If anything happens untoward, like ripping up the MOU, Queensland will be in like Flynn."

Elements within the NSW Government and the state Labor Opposition believe the NRL is bluffing and would not take the grand final interstate.

"That's a brave position," Mr Beattie said.

"We expect the MOU to be honoured because we are honourable people."

Sources within the NRL say, if necessary, they're ready to fly to Brisbane next week and announce the 2020 grand final will be played there.

The controversial plan has earned significant community backlash and many within the NSW Liberal Party believe it's killing their chances of re-election.

9NEWS understands the release of the business cases for Allianz Stadium at Moore Park and ANZ Stadium will be a point in which a policy change can occur.

Speaking to reporters in Goulburn, Ms Berejiklian was asked whether she would pull out of one or both stadiums if the business cases don't stack up.

"Our policy is out there. We're doing the detailed homework that you need to do for these projects and we look forward to sharing the detailed homework in it's complete," Ms Berejiklian said.

Luke Foley is making political mileage out of the controversy but is yet to declare a clear position.

9NEWS understands if the demolition of Allianz Stadium at Moore Park occurs before the March 2019 election and Mr Foley is elected, he will not proceed with the redevelopment of a stadium at Olympic Park. However, if no contracts are signed his preference is ANZ Stadium over Moore Park.

"The Premier is so weak she is bending the knee to unelected power brokers who want their own private palace in the Eastern Suburbs." Mr Foley said.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/ ... adium-deal
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Seems the NSW Government is taking note of Fitzy and the outrage in the community. Bout time.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

Sounds like their taking their bat and ball and going home!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nope they're playing hardball
Which is what they have to do .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:17 am
Playing hardball now eh? :(/

They sound desperate with their threats.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 pm

They sound desperate?????? Geez pal the only thing you've contributed to this site lately is regurgitated comic strip activist rants from Australia's biggest idiot. Now that is the definition of desperate!!!!!!!!

What's it like being in bed with Fitzy anyhow lolololololololol?????? Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Medic! Medic!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 pm
Beaussie wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 pm

They sound desperate?????? Geez pal the only thing you've contributed to this site lately is regurgitated comic strip activist rants from Australia's biggest idiot. Now that is the definition of desperate!!!!!!!!

What's it like being in bed with Fitzy anyhow lolololololololol?????? Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Medic! Medic!
I’ve been right all along. I knew politically the Stadium splurge would not go down well with NSW voters. You on the other hand... blind faith it would all go to plan. How do you feel now? :rofl:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Self praise counts for little Beau.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys