Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has abandoned plans to knock down and rebuild ANZ Stadium but will go ahead with its proposal for Allianz Stadium at Moore Park.
It is understood the former Olympic stadium at Sydney Olympic Park will instead be refurbished and transformed into a rectangular stadium.

apparently ANZ will now receive $500 - 600 million to be redesigned...
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The NRL grand final is set to remain in Sydney until 2042 after the NSW government committed to redeveloping ANZ Stadium into a rectangular configuration.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian outlined details of a compromise deal in the Sydney stadium debate at a press conference on Thursday in which she admitted there had been a very real chance the state would have lost the NRL grand final to Brisbane without the upgrade of ANZ Stadium.

It will be reconfigured into a rectangular stadium but will no longer be knocked down and rebuilt.
However, the Premier announced a new stadium would still go ahead at Moore Park, with Allianz Stadium to be knocked down and rebuilt at a cost of $730 million.
The $1.5 billion investment in the two stadiums honours a Memorandum of Understanding between the NRL and the NSW government to stage the grand final in Sydney for the next 25 years.
"I am also pleased to say that the grand final will still remain in NSW for the next 25 years," Berejiklian said.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Through this thread from start to here I'm sensing that Bea does not really care about $$$$$ or wasted govT money .
That is a smokescreen .
What he really cares about. What makes him hang on every word of bandana head is keeping ANZ as it is .
He does not want ANZ to be rebuilt or reconfigured to a PROPER rectangle ground
Not because afl want it ..they can't get close to filling it these days .
Because it is an abortion viewing wise for Rectangle sports .

Sadly for him no matter what happens it looks like it will be RECTANGLE .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:41 am
Through this thread from start to here I'm sensing that Bea does not really care about $$$$$ or wasted govT money .
That is a smokescreen .
What he really cares about. What makes him hang on every word of bandana head is keeping ANZ as it is .

Yep. Beatup takes delight in any actual or percieved problems any sport other than the fumbling game have. He couldn't care less about NSW taxpayers. He's just another raging fumbleball zealot.

As for ANZ it sounds like they're now going to rebuild half of it to bring it closer to the action. I suspect the plan is to rebuild the other half a few years down the track.

And Allianz?? As I've stated from the start - it should be the lowest priority. It won't host major events. That is where they should be looking to save money not ANZ.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

That is a smokescreen .

No, you’re so wrong.

I, like many, many other NSW residents am not happy about the massive waste of our tax dollars for sports that very rarely attract big crowds and fail to contribute any funding of their own. A rebuilt Parramatta Stadium I’ll grant you is warranted. Total knock down and rebuilds of Allianz and ANZ Stadiums are however ridiculous.

My biggest gripe however, is making our biggest stadium restricted to rectangular based codes (Cricket and AFL forever locked out of the biggest stadium in Sydney). That is not the case anywhere else in Australia other than Brisbane and for good reason, as oval based sports attract large crowds. A refurbished ANZ Stadium (for a fraction of the costs the NSW Government is now talking), that is multi purpose is what I would like to see and that has always been my position in this thread. Not sure how you can suggest otherwise? Again the video below is what I’d like to see for a fraction of the cost to NSW taxpayers.

You lot laughed at me right from the start for suggesting there would be political consequences for any government proposing 3 total knock down and rebuilt rectangular stadiums in Sydney. Well, well, well, look where we’re at now and trust me the Government backflip announced days ago that only saves $500 million is still widely unpopular with NSW voters. This issue will continue to be fought right up to the next election, i can assure you of that.

Fitzy meanwhile, is still leading the way asking the pertinent questions the Government appears incapable of answering. You can see by the comments in response to Stadium articles in the media that this government backflip and minor saving is still not going to be acceptable to the majority of NSW voters. Expect another change in policy from a government now looking very shaken and worried about its prospects at the next election.
Premier contorts herself into knots over stadiums
By Peter FitzSimons
29 March 2018

Facing the mass of cameras outside 52 Martin Place, Premier Gladys Berejiklian did her absolute best to present her government's latest policy – to knock down the SFS only and refurbish the Olympic Stadium – as a great victory for the people. But it didn’t work.

The gathered press, including your correspondent, simply had too many hard questions which have effectively remained unanswered, despite the Premier’s repeated dogged insistence that “we have listened to the public”, “we have done our homework” and “it is all in the business plan”.

Sports Minister Stuart Ayres and Transport Minister Andrew Constance supported her, while Treasurer Dominic Perrottet, who has to make the numbers work, was conspicuous by his absence and Deputy Premier John Barilaro, a noted critic of the policy, was conveniently away.

With explanations that were mostly as clear as mud, there remain many questions for the Premier to answer, like these:

What happened to the business plan being presented to the public before the next iteration was locked in? On 30 January, the Premier made a promise to the people, via Richard Glover on ABC, to release the detailed business case and have a "conversation with the community". Where is the conversation, please, Premier? Releasing the new policy at the same time as the new business case allows for no conversation whatsoever.

How can the government have any credibility when it claims the new stadium at Moore Parke will be good for “the next 50 years” while it previously wanted to knock down the Olympic Stadium when it was not even 20 years old?

How is it that in a town which boasts a metallic Harbour Bridge that is 90 years old, with expectations that it will survive twice that long, we must knock down a stadium that is just 30 years old, because it is a “rust-bucket”? Who, exactly, is responsible for this? Is it the designers, the engineers, the builders, or indeed the all-powerful SCG Trust charged with maintaining it? The people have a right to know why such a key piece of public infrastructure should be a danger to shipping after such a short time. (Stuart Ayres continued to maintain that it was all a matter of “building codes,” while the Premier gave a tantalising hint that her government might look again at the whole structure of the SCG Trust, when it examines “best governance practices”.)

Does the Premier still maintain her assertion that the stadium knockdown and rebuild will “pay for itself within two years”?

How have the numbers so suddenly improved? Infrastructure NSW has been clear that knocking down and rebuilding the SFS would never see a return on investment (it would earn, I was told by one key number cruncher, just 60 cents for every dollar,) and late last November, a cabinet minute reportedly confirmed that it would lose money.

So many questions, so few real answers. It wasn’t quite a train wreck, and the Premier was admirable in her stoicism in presenting a case which is - obvious to all, bar her, a few cabinet members and Alan Jones – hopeless, but these questions won’t go away.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/premier ... 4z6z1.html
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear
I post where I think Beas whole reasoning to rant about this topic was he wants to keep ANZ from being rectangle .

He then says I'm wrong

Hilariously he then goes on about excatly what I said he did .

Self ownage at its best .

Also the Fitzy wankfest continues unabated

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Beaussie wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:18 am
That is a smokescreen .

No, you’re so wrong.

I, like many, many other NSW residents am not happy about the massive waste of our tax dollars for sports that very rarely attract big crowds and fail to contribute any funding of their own. A rebuilt Parramatta Stadium I’ll grant you is warranted. Total knock down and rebuilds of Allianz and ANZ Stadiums are however ridiculous.

My biggest gripe however, is making our biggest stadium restricted to rectangular based codes (Cricket and AFL forever locked out of the biggest stadium in Sydney). That is not the case anywhere else in Australia other than Brisbane and for good reason, as oval based sports attract large crowds. A refurbished ANZ Stadium (for a fraction of the costs the NSW Government is now talking), that is multi purpose is what I would like to see and that has always been my position in this thread. Not sure how you can suggest otherwise? Again the video below is what I’d like to see for a fraction of the cost to NSW taxpayers.

You lot laughed at me right from the start for suggesting there would be political consequences for any government proposing 3 total knock down and rebuilt rectangular stadiums in Sydney. Well, well, well, look where we’re at now and trust me the Government backflip announced days ago that only saves $500 million is still widely unpopular with NSW voters. This issue will continue to be fought right up to the next election, i can assure you of that.

Fitzy meanwhile, is still leading the way asking the pertinent questions the Government appears incapable of answering. You can see by the comments in response to Stadium articles in the media that this government backflip and minor saving is still not going to be acceptable to the majority of NSW voters. Expect another change in policy from a government now looking very shaken and worried about its prospects at the next election.
Premier contorts herself into knots over stadiums
By Peter FitzSimons
29 March 2018

Facing the mass of cameras outside 52 Martin Place, Premier Gladys Berejiklian did her absolute best to present her government's latest policy – to knock down the SFS only and refurbish the Olympic Stadium – as a great victory for the people. But it didn’t work.

The gathered press, including your correspondent, simply had too many hard questions which have effectively remained unanswered, despite the Premier’s repeated dogged insistence that “we have listened to the public”, “we have done our homework” and “it is all in the business plan”.

Sports Minister Stuart Ayres and Transport Minister Andrew Constance supported her, while Treasurer Dominic Perrottet, who has to make the numbers work, was conspicuous by his absence and Deputy Premier John Barilaro, a noted critic of the policy, was conveniently away.

With explanations that were mostly as clear as mud, there remain many questions for the Premier to answer, like these:

What happened to the business plan being presented to the public before the next iteration was locked in? On 30 January, the Premier made a promise to the people, via Richard Glover on ABC, to release the detailed business case and have a "conversation with the community". Where is the conversation, please, Premier? Releasing the new policy at the same time as the new business case allows for no conversation whatsoever.

How can the government have any credibility when it claims the new stadium at Moore Parke will be good for “the next 50 years” while it previously wanted to knock down the Olympic Stadium when it was not even 20 years old?

How is it that in a town which boasts a metallic Harbour Bridge that is 90 years old, with expectations that it will survive twice that long, we must knock down a stadium that is just 30 years old, because it is a “rust-bucket”? Who, exactly, is responsible for this? Is it the designers, the engineers, the builders, or indeed the all-powerful SCG Trust charged with maintaining it? The people have a right to know why such a key piece of public infrastructure should be a danger to shipping after such a short time. (Stuart Ayres continued to maintain that it was all a matter of “building codes,” while the Premier gave a tantalising hint that her government might look again at the whole structure of the SCG Trust, when it examines “best governance practices”.)

Does the Premier still maintain her assertion that the stadium knockdown and rebuild will “pay for itself within two years”?

How have the numbers so suddenly improved? Infrastructure NSW has been clear that knocking down and rebuilding the SFS would never see a return on investment (it would earn, I was told by one key number cruncher, just 60 cents for every dollar,) and late last November, a cabinet minute reportedly confirmed that it would lose money.

So many questions, so few real answers. It wasn’t quite a train wreck, and the Premier was admirable in her stoicism in presenting a case which is - obvious to all, bar her, a few cabinet members and Alan Jones – hopeless, but these questions won’t go away.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/premier ... 4z6z1.html
AFL and cricket have their own grounds in Sydney and they almost never use ANZ.
It will be going rectangular as these sports are the ones which will use the Homebush ground all year round. Soccer in summer & Rugby codes in winter.

How much do you want to bet beuassie that ANZ will be reconfigured to rectangular stadium permanently?

Name your price bro? :cool:

It is going to happen and AFL will still have their little suburban ground they can't even fill next door. :cool:

I gaurantee you AFL is getting locked out of ANZ. :mrgreen:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Who will draw the biggest crowd in sydney this weekend, NRL or AFL?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:06 am
Who will draw the biggest crowd in sydney this weekend, NRL or AFL?
Wrong thread .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Not in the context of the post above
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep wrong thread .
There is already a crowd thread .

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Funny how beaussie is not too confident about ANZ staying round. :cool:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Now that the public has access to all the papers relating to stadium rebuilds in Sydney, what an absolute debacle this is turning out to be. We now learn too that Rugby Australia and the NSW Waratahs prefer a new stadium at Moore Park over anything being prioritised at Homebush.

This is all getting more and more of a mess for the Government each and everyday with the Opposition slamming them from pillar to post whilst the NSW public get more and more infuriated with all the lies being spun.

'Looking forward to catching up!' Stadium papers reveal who gets what
By Jacob Saulwick
10 April 2018

Confused about Sydney’s stadium saga? Fair enough.

One of the striking elements of the battle to determine where taxpayer funds should be spent is the rate at which interested parties make claims, and then contradict those same positions.

Take the Sydney Cricket & Sports Ground Trust. Two years ago, the trust hoped taxpayers would pay for a new rectangular stadium on land under the management of the adjacent Centennial and Moore Park Trust.

The option of building a rectangular stadium on the same site as the existing Allianz Stadium would be a disaster, it said.

“A knockdown/rebuild on the existing site would result in an estimated $300 million in business disruption costs,” the SCG Trust said in a draft media statement prepared in April 2016, which it did not release.

“That $300 million of public money could be better spent elsewhere.”

But a knockdown/rebuild on the existing site is now the policy of the Berejiklian government. And the trust is thrilled.

What happened to the $300 million in “business disruption costs”? There’s been no explanation.
The April 2016 email emerged in a document dump triggered by the state Parliament. The dump reveals how a host of positions, once seemingly important, have been swept aside by events or changing priorities.

When former premier Mike Baird first said he would commit $1.6 billion to new stadiums, he said a governing body would be established to run stadium infrastructure.

The body was needed to prevent competition between the SCG Trust and the entities running other government-owned stadiums, which have since been consolidated into Venues NSW.

But this idea, too, has quietly been dropped, to the frustration of Paul Doorn, a former executive director of sport infrastructure at the NSW Office of Sport, who last year was appointed to run Venues NSW.

“The current dilemma for government on the priorities for the redevelopment of the stadia network (e.g. ANZS v Allianz) would not be a problem at all if there was just one governance structure for the whole of the stadia network,” Mr Doorn wrote to his former colleagues in the Office of Sport in July 2017, when it started to appear like Premier Gladys Berejiklian might shift the government’s position.

The papers released to the NSW Parliament have already revealed the occasionally ventriloquistic relationship between Sports Minister Stuart Ayres and the chairman of the SCG Trust, Tony Shepherd.
They also demonstrate the unequivocal support of the NRL and Football Federation Australia for Mr Baird’s April 2016 stadium policy, which prioritised the redevelopment of ANZ stadium at Olympic Park, and left for later a more modest upgrade of Allianz Stadium at Moore Park.

“FFA, while supporting the redevelopment of Allianz Stadium, has a strong preference for the development of ANZ Stadium to be prioritised and completed first,” FFA chief David Gallop wrote to Ms Berejiklian in August 2017.

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said the code supported ANZ as a priority, though safety and compliance issues at Allianz should be addressed.

“Should there be additional capital funding available for more expansive works, then we believe the best outcome for sport and taxpayers would be for the current Allianz Stadium to be knocked down and a new 35,000-seat, purpose-built rectangular stadium built in its place, similar to the new $360 million Western Sydney Stadium at Parramatta,” Greenberg wrote to Ms Berejiklian in September.
NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said the code supported an ANZ Stadium redevelopment as a priority, though safety and compliance issues at Allianz should be addressed.

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said the code supported an ANZ Stadium redevelopment as a priority, though safety and compliance issues at Allianz should be addressed.

Instead, Ms Berejiklian committed in November to a $705 million, 45,000-seat stadium at Allianz.
In draft correspondence with members, the SCG Trust argued against building a new stadium with less than 40,000 seats. “If Sydney is to host FIFA and rugby world cups, there are requirements of stadia in the host city to have seating capacities of more than 40,000,” the trust wrote in a draft circular.

But in their correspondence with Ms Berejiklian, the Australian Rugby Union and NSW Rugby Union cite different figures for potential World Cup stadium requirements.

According to then ARU chief Bill Pulver and Waratahs chief Andrew Hore, the minimum seating capacity for a World Cup quarter-final is 35,000, rising to 60,000 for the semi-final and final.
Unlike the NRL and FFA, however, the rugby organisations strongly supported a new stadium at Moore Park as a priority over ANZ Stadium.

The parliamentary papers demonstrate the strength of public feeling about the government’s stadium policy, which is now to spend more than $2 billion on a new stadium at Moore Park, a new stadium at Parramatta, and an upgrade at Olympic Park. Ms Berejiklian’s office has received hundreds of written complaints.

The papers also demonstrate who, in the community, is able to receive a personalised response from a senior politician.

Mr Baird, for instance, took the time to scrawl “Stay in Touch!” in a reply to Roosters chairman Nick Politis, who had written to congratulate him on his April 2016 stadium-funding announcement, which had so angered the SCG Trust.

Ms Berejiklian, meanwhile, was pleased to receive a note from the Mr Shepherd of the trust, who wrote to congratulate her on becoming Premier, and to invite her to see why Allianz Stadium needed more attention than Mr Baird had given it.

“Looking forward to catching up soon!” she hand-wrote in a reply to Mr Shepherd.
“Let me know if it’s taking too long and I will move things along.”

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/nsw ... 4z8ps.html
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Oh dear, another day, another problem. Where will they find the money now and more importantly, how do they convince the public it's worthwhile when the business cases don't stack up?
State government will need to find new way to fund Sydney stadiums
By Alexandra Smith
16 April 2018

Premier Gladys Berejiklian will be forced to renege on a promise to use the $2.6 billion sale of the land titles registry to pay for her stadiums policy and will have to find a new funding source.

The state government had committed to investing $1 billion from last year's sale of the Land and Property Information (LPI) to rebuilding and refurbishing two Sydney stadiums using the infrastructure fund Restart NSW, which holds the proceeds of major asset sales.

NSW Treasury has confirmed the government would only pay for new stadiums from Restart NSW if the projects had a benefit-to-cost ratio of greater than one.

But the business cases for Allianz or ANZ stadiums do not achieve that ratio and a Treasury spokesman said the government would not be changing its requirements.

Ms Berejiklian and Sports Minister Stuart Ayres announced last month that the government would rebuild Allianz at Moore Park and refurbish ANZ at Homebush at a cost of $1.5 billion.

This is in addition to $200 million the government has spent on buying back ANZ from its private operators and $300 million on a new 30,000-seat stadium at Parramatta.

But the government will have to find a new way to pay for Allianz and ANZ. It is understood a funding announcement for the two stadiums will be made in the June budget.

The Treasury spokesman said the government had committed two-thirds, or $20.3 billion, of Restart NSW funds, with the balance reserved for “ongoing programs”.

“These funds have been allocated to projects including Sydney Metro City and Southwest ($7 billion), More Trains, More Services ($1.0 billion), Parramatta Light Rail ($1.0 billion) and the Safe and Secure Water program ($445 million),” the spokesman said.

“Although the Restart Act does not specify that projects need to achieve a benefit-to-cost ratio of greater than one, the NSW Government’s policy is that all approved projects meet this hurdle, and that policy has not changed.”
The Opposition finance spokesman, Clayton Barr, said the Premier had failed to stick to her word and had “not done her homework”.

“Twelve months ago she assured us that our money-making, world-class, land titles office had to be sold off so that $1 billion could be used for stadiums, while people marched in the streets against that sale,” Mr Barr said.
“Now, the $1 billion stadium splurge has become $2.7 billion and the LPI sale proceeds can't be used for stadiums because the cost-benefit ratios don’t even reach one.

“Over and over again, Gladys Berejiklian and her government are making thought-bubble announcements without doing their homework.”

According to the business case for Allianz Stadium, prepared by Infrastructure NSW, the base “do minimum” option, which is usually used if the BCR is under one, would not be viable because the stadium needs so much work.
“The economic analysis shows that the rebuilding option with 45,000 seats performs better than the other upgrade options, with a BCR of 0.94,” the business case says.

Infrastructure NSW’s view on ANZ Stadium was that with similar BCRs for the different options - from rebuilding to refurbishing - the decision comes down to “cost and build time”. Its BCRs are also below one.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/sta ... 4z9yf.html
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Beaussie wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:36 pm
Oh dear, another day, another problem. Where will they find the money now and more importantly, how do they convince the public it's worthwhile when the business cases don't stack up?
State government will need to find new way to fund Sydney stadiums
By Alexandra Smith
16 April 2018

Premier Gladys Berejiklian will be forced to renege on a promise to use the $2.6 billion sale of the land titles registry to pay for her stadiums policy and will have to find a new funding source.

The state government had committed to investing $1 billion from last year's sale of the Land and Property Information (LPI) to rebuilding and refurbishing two Sydney stadiums using the infrastructure fund Restart NSW, which holds the proceeds of major asset sales.

NSW Treasury has confirmed the government would only pay for new stadiums from Restart NSW if the projects had a benefit-to-cost ratio of greater than one.

But the business cases for Allianz or ANZ stadiums do not achieve that ratio and a Treasury spokesman said the government would not be changing its requirements.

Ms Berejiklian and Sports Minister Stuart Ayres announced last month that the government would rebuild Allianz at Moore Park and refurbish ANZ at Homebush at a cost of $1.5 billion.

This is in addition to $200 million the government has spent on buying back ANZ from its private operators and $300 million on a new 30,000-seat stadium at Parramatta.

But the government will have to find a new way to pay for Allianz and ANZ. It is understood a funding announcement for the two stadiums will be made in the June budget.

The Treasury spokesman said the government had committed two-thirds, or $20.3 billion, of Restart NSW funds, with the balance reserved for “ongoing programs”.

“These funds have been allocated to projects including Sydney Metro City and Southwest ($7 billion), More Trains, More Services ($1.0 billion), Parramatta Light Rail ($1.0 billion) and the Safe and Secure Water program ($445 million),” the spokesman said.

“Although the Restart Act does not specify that projects need to achieve a benefit-to-cost ratio of greater than one, the NSW Government’s policy is that all approved projects meet this hurdle, and that policy has not changed.”
The Opposition finance spokesman, Clayton Barr, said the Premier had failed to stick to her word and had “not done her homework”.

“Twelve months ago she assured us that our money-making, world-class, land titles office had to be sold off so that $1 billion could be used for stadiums, while people marched in the streets against that sale,” Mr Barr said.
“Now, the $1 billion stadium splurge has become $2.7 billion and the LPI sale proceeds can't be used for stadiums because the cost-benefit ratios don’t even reach one.

“Over and over again, Gladys Berejiklian and her government are making thought-bubble announcements without doing their homework.”

According to the business case for Allianz Stadium, prepared by Infrastructure NSW, the base “do minimum” option, which is usually used if the BCR is under one, would not be viable because the stadium needs so much work.
“The economic analysis shows that the rebuilding option with 45,000 seats performs better than the other upgrade options, with a BCR of 0.94,” the business case says.

Infrastructure NSW’s view on ANZ Stadium was that with similar BCRs for the different options - from rebuilding to refurbishing - the decision comes down to “cost and build time”. Its BCRs are also below one.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/sta ... 4z9yf.html
Give up Beaussie, you won't even bet with me that ANZ is going to be converted into a rectangular stadium.

And Allianz gets used more than the scg for games. So of course it is going to be rebuilt. :cool:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League