Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Post by Fred »

I think the last few stadium upgrades where in Sydney, Perth and Adelaide ?
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

How flawed is this article...

Almost 70 per cent of NSW residents opposed to Berejiklian stadium plan: survey

The Berejiklian government's plan to tear down and replace two Sydney stadiums has the strong support of 4 per cent of the state, according to a survey by a market research firm.

And the $2 billion plan is opposed by 67 per cent of respondents, according to the online survey of more than 1300 people.

# 1300 people survey = nsw does not want stadiums built
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

1300 is a reasonable sample to infer to the rest of the population . How do you think ratings boxes work.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

#online survey...

To an article that opposes the build..

Do a survey on an article that agrees with the build
Than see the survey results
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes surveys can be worded in such ways to encourage certain responds agree.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

There has already been conversion feasibility studies done and it actually just as expensive to reconfigure as rebuild.
Just like knockdown rebuilds quite often being cheaper than full renovations with homes.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Well there you go. Any wonder why 70% of surveyed NSW residents oppose this?

Government ministers don’t even believe the spin, hence the leaking of confidential information that the Premier and co view as not being in the public interest to release themselves. This deal stinks.
KNOCK KNOCK: STADIUM JOKE

The #StadiumSplurge stuff just gets better and better! Last week, if I do say so myself, TFF demolished the so-called "business case" for knocking down two perfectly good stadiums and rebuilding them for $2 billion. Infrastructure NSW was firm on the subject of re-doing the SFS: "There was no economic benefit to the state of NSW." And the NSW government' own cabinet minute, as noted by The Oz, "pointed out that the benefit-cost ratio for the projects was well under 1, meaning they would not generate more money than their cost to the state's economy."

(I have since been reliably informed by an insider that the ratio is the astonishingly low, 0.6). Since that time, the Premier Gladys Berejiklian has maintained her radio silence, and not tried to defend her ludicrous assertion that, despite those established facts, the new stadiums would annually generate an extra billion dollars, paying for themselves in two years. And though the Sports Minister, Stuart Ayres, has tweeted to TFF that we need the new stadiums to generate the money to pay for new hospitals – "trickle-down stadium economics," Twitter called it – he, too, has gone off air since I asked for figures to back it up. I humbly assert it is because here are no such figures. It is a demonstrable nonsense.

And no matter how many times stadium supporters assert the old chestnut that "major sporting events pay for themselves many times over because of what they bring to the local economy," I say again: blithely repeating bullshit without any numbers to back it up does not make it so.

I have got the number-crunchers of Infrastructure NSW with me, plus the NSW Cabinet's own cabinet minute. If you have proof that they are wrong, surely we should be able to see those numbers? In their absence, nice words from Jeff Kennett, doesn't cut it.

For yes, Mr Kennett was quoted this week, saying we in NSW need the stadiums, to get the events, because they "add confidence to the community."

Seriously?

This is the best you've got to justify the expenditure? And this is what we lack in Sydney? Confidence? This is bullshit, and more and more people recognise it. And, seriously, Premier, when people from within your own government are leaking to me sensitive documents on the subject, you have to know you can only ram this through at dreadful cost. You are a good and honest politician who made your name by listening to the people. On this one the will of the people could not be more clear.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-fitz-fi ... 0hbuy.html
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Still quoting RL hating Red bandana man .
Desperate much ?
Yep
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Funny how's Bea quotes Fitzy
BEa why didn't you post The Kennet article .
You know the one where he explains when he was VIC premier why he spent vast amounts on sports stadia.
Why he says the NSW Govt is doing the right thing .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Spending money on stadia in Melbourne makes sense given the sporting culture down here. In Sydney there is no such culture hence the existing facilities are under used
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

Why not knock down Alliance and build somthing better leave ANZ as is and spend the rest on the suburban stadiums. IMO whatever your sporting persuasion fans still deserve to attend games in good facilities.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Another big reason behind the Push for SPORTING STADIUMS IN SYDNEY

is the 2027 BID for the RUGBY UNION WORLD CUP

which is likely to be in AUSTRALIA AGAIN in 2027 or 2031

Sydney stadiums were not up to scratch for this bid>>
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

It appears this issue will not go away. Even RL journalists point out the massive waste of taxpayers dollars.

But, but, but, the leaguies will say News Ltd. :roll:
NSW Government should be upgrading the SCG
Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph
January 28, 2018 9:11pm

THE debate continues over the NSW Government’s $2.3 billion spend on Sydney stadiums.

Most agree ANZ should be a 75,000-seat world-class rectangular venue for grand finals, Origin, Ed Sheeran and Adele concerts, the Socceroos, Man U, Liverpool and major events that would otherwise go interstate.

Moore Park needs an upgrade, too.

But the government has ­chosen the wrong venue.

It should be the SCG instead of ­Allianz. The old SCG might be the most nostalgic sporting arena in the country but is now the No. 4 AFL/cricket venue behind Perth, Adelaide and the MCG as far as fan facilities go.

The SCG needs an upgrade, writes Phil Rothfield.

It caters for the Sydney Swans, cricket and far bigger crowds than next door at Allianz.

Simple research on the major tenants and their crowds at Allianz shows the Roosters have averaged just 13,474 over the past three years, the Waratahs 18,611 and Sydney FC 15,817.

So why has Premier Gladys Berejiklian agreed to a 45,000-seat venue at a cost of $650 million? That’s $650 million for 31,526 empty seats on average when the Roosters play. Or 26,389 empty seats for the Waratahs and 29,183 for Sydney FC.

And remember, no other NRL club wants to play there. This is a gigantic waste of taxpayers’ money.

A boutique 30,000-seater similar to AAMI Park in Melbourne would have been sufficient and hundreds of millions cheaper. Surely bringing the SCG up to the magnificent standards of Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne would be a far better plan for ALL sports fans.

Sydney would then have the best rectangular venue in Australia and a cricket/AFL ground to match any other in the country. And isn’t that what we all want?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 47f2fafb31
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Bea has hit the bottom of the barrel
First Fitz .
Now the resident news ltd drunk .

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 am
It appears this issue will not go away. Even RL journalists point out the massive waste of taxpayers dollars.

But, but, but, the leaguies will say News Ltd. :roll:
NSW Government should be upgrading the SCG
Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph
January 28, 2018 9:11pm

THE debate continues over the NSW Government’s $2.3 billion spend on Sydney stadiums.

Most agree ANZ should be a 75,000-seat world-class rectangular venue for grand finals, Origin, Ed Sheeran and Adele concerts, the Socceroos, Man U, Liverpool and major events that would otherwise go interstate.

Moore Park needs an upgrade, too.

But the government has ­chosen the wrong venue.

It should be the SCG instead of ­Allianz. The old SCG might be the most nostalgic sporting arena in the country but is now the No. 4 AFL/cricket venue behind Perth, Adelaide and the MCG as far as fan facilities go.

The SCG needs an upgrade, writes Phil Rothfield.

It caters for the Sydney Swans, cricket and far bigger crowds than next door at Allianz.

Simple research on the major tenants and their crowds at Allianz shows the Roosters have averaged just 13,474 over the past three years, the Waratahs 18,611 and Sydney FC 15,817.

So why has Premier Gladys Berejiklian agreed to a 45,000-seat venue at a cost of $650 million? That’s $650 million for 31,526 empty seats on average when the Roosters play. Or 26,389 empty seats for the Waratahs and 29,183 for Sydney FC.

And remember, no other NRL club wants to play there. This is a gigantic waste of taxpayers’ money.

A boutique 30,000-seater similar to AAMI Park in Melbourne would have been sufficient and hundreds of millions cheaper. Surely bringing the SCG up to the magnificent standards of Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne would be a far better plan for ALL sports fans.

Sydney would then have the best rectangular venue in Australia and a cricket/AFL ground to match any other in the country. And isn’t that what we all want?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 47f2fafb31
Oh dear......beatup has done it again!!!!! Did you even read this column pal????? It doesn't say NOT to spend the money ya dill. It sensibly argues that Allianz should be made smaller & the money left over spent on the SCG. The SAME amount of money will be spent. Very similar to what I have previously said. Sheeeesssshhhhh...you're hard work!!!

And of course you don't post today's article saying how the 3 new stadiums will be pivotal to Australia hosting the Rugby WC in 2027. Raging bias really does bring you undone pal!!!!!