WOMENS AFL & NRL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Womens R.L to rival AFL

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:52 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:44 pm
Well that was easy.

Anyway. My post was if the afl could play games in isolation they would win. This is based on the fact that when games are played in isolation they out rate the nrl games most times. Therefore extra ratings would obviously come.

I acknowledge the benefits of showing games into markets ... but think there are some pros and many cons which Nrol has pointed out numerous times but seem to fall on deaf ears.

So my question was could the afl play games in isolation? I’ll ask this also ... if they could play in isolation would they continue to reguarly beat the nrl game it went up against ? Two questions there. Please explain your answers. And stick to topic please crapper. Bet you can’t. And I know why.

You are a NUTTER!!!. Stick to the facts not your nutter theories.

Nutter!!!!.jpg
Wow. Way to avoid a basic question. Even when. I say you’ll avoid you still do it. Anyway I shall ask again.

Could the afl play games in isolation?

If they could play in isolation would they continue to reguarly beat the nrl game it went up against ?
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:05 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:44 pm
Well that was easy.

Anyway. My post was if the afl could play games in isolation they would win. This is based on the fact that when games are played in isolation they out rate the nrl games most times. Therefore extra ratings would obviously come.

I acknowledge the benefits of showing games into markets ... but think there are some pros and many cons which Nrol has pointed out numerous times but seem to fall on deaf ears.

So my question was could the afl play games in isolation? I’ll ask this also ... if they could play in isolation would they continue to reguarly beat the nrl game it went up against ? Two questions there. Please explain your answers. And stick to topic please crapper. Bet you can’t. And I know why.

Nutter!!!!.jpg
Wow. Way to avoid a basic question. Even when. I say you’ll avoid you still do it. Anyway I shall ask again.

If they could play in isolation would they continue to reguarly beat the nrl game it went up against ?

Could the AFL play games in Isolation>> yes they could> but this would affect crowds and tv ratings>>
which happens to the NRL with 6pm Friday night and 6:30 sunday night games>>

so pro's and con's

I would love to see AFL go ISOLATION
The AFL do not do this as there would be many weak games Played Australia Wide which would get dull figures>>

any games having PORT, DEMONS, KANGAS, SUNS, LIONS, GWS

imagen have these teams on a super Saturday in ISOLATION>>

figures would be very low..

again PRO'S AND CON'S

now Please stick to subject>>
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 am

Nutter!!!!.jpg

Could the AFL play games in Isolation>> yes they could> but this would affect crowds and tv ratings>>

so pro's and con's

The AFL do not do this as there would be many weak games Played Australia Wide which would get dull figures>>

again PRO'S AND CON'S

Why would it effect crowds?

Are you seriously saying 2 matches shown at the same time would get a higher ratings average than both in isolation? Surely not
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

You only have to look at the games shown in isolation. The AFL almost always outrate the nrl on fox and FTA when they have single matches shown at the same time. Why would this not also be the case for the remaining AFL games if they were also shown in isolation. The final series showed that to be the case
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 am

so pro's and con's

again PRO'S AND CON'S

Why would it effect crowds?

Are you seriously saying 2 matches shown at the same time would get a higher ratings average than both in isolation? Surely not

SIMPLE>>

it would affect crowds>> as timing is now not as good>>
and you will have earlier and later games>>
which is not ideal for crowds>>
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think it could impact crowds for reasons stated. I’m not as convinced about ratings though although acknowledge points made.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NRL’s planned 2018 women’s competition could involve draft

THE NRL could hold a draft to equalise the talent across its proposed 2018 women’s competition

It is believed the option of drafting players is also being explored for several reasons, such as stopping a possible Warriors team from being made up of just Kiwi Ferns players or a side like the Broncos from fielding the Queensland women’s team.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Yep. They need to spread the talent evenly. I think it is a good idea to have a short comp next year to gauge where they're at and where they need to go in the ensuing years.

And as I stated in another post a ladies SOO stand alone Friday night game is to be played on the mens SOO weekend next year. That is a great initiative and has the real potential to be the top rating ladies sporting event of the year.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Yes true point>> learn from the AFL Mistakes>

That weekend could really become a big weekend>>
be interesting to see how it goes>>

was trying to think if a SOO or AUS v NZ game would be better suited for the women's game
on the standalone night.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

OK, After a very sluggish low scoring affair in the womens league>>

the AFL has acted.. (what competition calls all the clubs to change the playing style after game 1 ) WTF

THE AFL has sent an extraordinary memo, calling for AFLW coaches to adjust their tactics this weekend in order to reduce congestion.

foxfooty.com.au has obtained the memo, which was sent by AFL football operations boss Steve Hocking to the eight clubs with AFLW teams, that asks for coaches to instruct less players to surround stoppages in Round 2

The backlash comes after AFL boss Gillon McLachlan also attracted fierce criticism for his sensational move to call coaches and voice concerns over a lack of scoring and defensive tactics in the opening round.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jess-w ... 4062f10ab0
Pete_2211
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Brisbane Lions
Been liked: 0

Post by Pete_2211 »

Yeah the quality of play in AFLW is pretty terrible.

They had to change something
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 am

the AFL has acted.. (what competition calls all the clubs to change the playing style after game 1 ) WTF

THE AFL has sent an extraordinary memo, calling for AFLW coaches to adjust their tactics this weekend in order to reduce congestion.

foxfooty.com.au has obtained the memo, which was sent by AFL football operations boss Steve Hocking to the eight clubs with AFLW teams, that asks for coaches to instruct less players to surround stoppages in Round 2

The backlash comes after AFL boss Gillon McLachlan also attracted fierce criticism for his sensational move to call coaches and voice concerns over a lack of scoring and defensive tactics in the opening round.

I think the AFL are attempting to address the congestion without rule changes. Congested defensive play has been an issue in the mens game for a while now but they have the skill to break away from the congestion and free up play. The women just dont have the skill or pace to do this yet so it ends up being a mess. Add to that the limited distance they kick and you can see why their scoring is low. I think they need to make some changes to the AFLW. Maybe a smaller field and less players per team
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 pm

I think the AFL are attempting to address the congestion without rule changes. Congested defensive play has been an issue in the mens game for a while now but they have the skill to break away from the congestion and free up play. The women just dont have the skill or pace to do this yet so it ends up being a mess. Add to that the limited distance they kick and you can see why their scoring is low. I think they need to make some changes to the AFLW. Maybe a smaller field and less players per team
Good idea lloollller! I suggest 13 players per team. A rectangular field 100m x 70m. An offside rule. Fumbling toward the goal line not allowed. Must pass backwards. Yep....that oughta fix it!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

But then the crowds would plummet
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 pm

its just a very odd thing to do when the season has started..

i get in the off season they look at different ways to structure the game
and have more a free flowing game..

But this looks like the AFL just want to see more attractive footy being played..
at the same time> if some teams change and some dont.>

it could affect who wins and losess..

the AFL should leave it alone and make rule changes end of season.