Is rugby just mma?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Is rugby just mma?

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thanks nlol, there's about 500 + afl players running round. Can you send us some team photos so we can get more compelling evidence ?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:16 pm
Thanks nlol, there's about 500 + afl players running round. Can you send us some team photos so we can get more compelling evidence ?

Nlol?

Nlooooolllllll!??

:lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

the claim was it was a gangly white man's sport. I only needed a few pics to disprove that
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 am
SportCapital wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Funny how the entire crowd is white anglo. Just like 99% of the players. And AFL thinks they can get international appeal lol..

Careful NFL, this pic is from the turn of the century. Its relevance to today is non existent.
Nothing has changed, is still a gangly white boys sport. And always will be. :lol:
Gangly they may be in your opinion.
But when you look at player stats. What you consider gangly is actually a very healthy phsique.

This link of interactive stats shows:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/databl ... statistics

Admittedly the stats are a few years old, but as you said "nothing has changed"

The vast majority of AFL players are below 25bmi. The healthy range
And the vast majority of league players are above 25bmi. The over weight range.
A whole stack are above 30bmi. The moderatly obese range.
And even a handful are over 35bmi. The severely obese range.
I think you judgement may be skewed by a very local factor.

No wonder so many women go to AFL games.

On one hand, go watch handsome, fit, healthy young men in short shorts and muscle tops play the most exciting game on the planet.
Or go watch a pack of over weight, semi-fit, bill board wearing young men smash their heads into each other.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

BMI is not a good measure for elite athletes ... in fact I would not use it for anyone really.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes, stating afl players are mainly gangly white kids is obviously a shit stir. You can choose to bite or not to I guess.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:33 am
Fred wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:25 pm
No... I’m trying to avoid what you do over and over. You see if he doesn’t answer you’ll keep going on and on and on. And on. To the annoyance of most here. Hence you being told numerous times to desist. I am saying to you that if he doesn’t answer take it as read that you are right and he is wrong. Chalk it up as a win if that what floats your boat ... but for the love of god let it go and move on.
I like exposing bullshitters
I like watching them squirm
I like watching them deflect & rant .

& I like the fact that the posters who do this all seem to be fumblefans .

You don't like that ..bad fucking luck.
It's a fight club .
Not Sunday school ..hold hands & sing ..
The fact is by doing this it ruins the experience for other forum users ... no one is squirming ... this site is just a fun site to play around on. The mods have asked you over and over to stop ... make your point and move on for this very reason.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

SportCapital wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:51 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 am
SportCapital wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 am

Careful NFL, this pic is from the turn of the century. Its relevance to today is non existent.
Nothing has changed, is still a gangly white boys sport. And always will be. :lol:

Admittedly the stats are a few years old, but as you said "nothing has changed"

:lol: but you said my picture was too old

:lol: Arthur or marthur, :lol: make ur bloody mind up sport me boy! :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:19 pm
the claim was it was a gangly white man's sport. I only needed a few pics to disprove that
Errmmm so does this mean if I show a few pics of gangly white boys in afl tights that the assertion is correct?

Common now nlol, Provide some team pictures so we can all see just what type of man the game really appeals to :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:31 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:19 pm
Errmmm so does this mean if I show a few pics of gangly white boys in afl tights that the assertion is correct?

If 10% are indigenous, and there are other AFL players from different racial groups, the claim is clearly wrong. Having said that, Australian Rules Football is played by Australians, who are primarily Caucasian. So of course the majority are Caucasian.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: nlol but we know senior afl officials have stated that they won't recruit indigenous players... unless they have at least "one white parent".

Can we get a few team pics please nlol ? I really want to see if the game is not for white gangly men. I want to believe you nlol but... As they say, seeing is believing! :\:

I got him pinned by his lies!

:rofl:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:24 pm
:lol: nlol but we know senior afl officials have stated that they won't recruit indigenous players... unless they have at least "one white parent".
one offical said it may head that way unless indigenous recruits were better supported, but there's absolutely no evidence it has
Can we get a few team pics please
post some. All they will show is exactly what Ive said, the majority are caucasian, just like our population
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:15 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:33 am
Fred wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:25 pm
No... I’m trying to avoid what you do over and over. You see if he doesn’t answer you’ll keep going on and on and on. And on. To the annoyance of most here. Hence you being told numerous times to desist. I am saying to you that if he doesn’t answer take it as read that you are right and he is wrong. Chalk it up as a win if that what floats your boat ... but for the love of god let it go and move on.
I like exposing bullshitters
I like watching them squirm
I like watching them deflect & rant .

& I like the fact that the posters who do this all seem to be fumblefans .

You don't like that ..bad fucking luck.
It's a fight club .
Not Sunday school ..hold hands & sing ..
The fact is by doing this it ruins the experience for other forum users ... no one is squirming ... this site is just a fun site to play around on. The mods have asked you over and over to stop ... make your point and move on for this very reason.
Well Fred
The mods may have asked over & over .
Do you know why
Because the main offender keeps repeating the same shit over & over in multiple threads
Has done since I joined
Post shit ..run
Go to another thread ...post same shit ..run .
Rinse repeat
Rinse repeat .

Once again
It's a fight club
If a fumbler posts blatant lies & doesn't have the balls to say ..yeh I was wrong ...then I will ask them to debate what they said .
After all it's a fight club .

Which leads me once again to the question I've asked many many times on here
If the AFL is so great ..so much better .so much bigger Etc ...like you mob keep telling us
Why then do the fans have to constantly lie about it or it's rivals ?
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:45 pm
one offical said it may head that way unless indigenous recruits were better supported, but there's absolutely no evidence it has
post some. All they will show is exactly what Ive said, the majority are caucasian, just like our population
One official :shock: seriously nlol, don't downplay and try to hide the extent of racism in ur code bro. It's a bad look and you don't wanna be going down that ugly road to being viewed as a racist apologist. One recruiter
privately admitted to the league that his club would be unlikely to draft an indigenous player unless at least one parent were white.
Furthermore the afls community engagement manager
Mifsud said the attitude of some recruiters meant that "if you are too black you are not going to get drafted]
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 1v8az.html

Its not one recruiter and it's not even just one club nlol [-X don't ever suggest that again ok :wink:

Now stop making excuses and pretending the afl is not a sport for white gangly men!!

:rock:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:13 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:45 pm
One official :shock: seriously nlol, don't downplay and try to hide the extent of racism in ur code bro. It's a bad look and you don't wanna be going down that ugly road to being viewed as a racist apologist. One recruiter
privately admitted to the league that his club would be unlikely to draft an indigenous player unless at least one parent were white.
Furthermore the afls community engagement manager
Mifsud said the attitude of some recruiters meant that "if you are too black you are not going to get drafted]
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 1v8az.html

Its not one recruiter and it's not even just one club nlol [-X don't ever suggest that again ok :wink:

Now stop making excuses and pretending the afl is not a sport for white gangly men!!

:rock:
dear oh dear, this saga has been done to death. Rendell spoke to Mifsud, the AFL indigenous official, about his concerns. Rendell came out and explained exactly what he said and why very soon after.
Rendell had told AFL community engagement manager Jason Mifsud that the AFL was heading towards a situation in which the Crows wouldn't recruit a player unless he had at least one white parent.

The comments came during a conversation the pair had about a concern that the growing attrition rate in the AFL could force Indigenous players out of the game.

"I've never had a policy like that in my life," a fired up Rendell said, referring to the belief that he would not have recruited players with two Aboriginal parents.

"I wouldn't have a policy like that, that's ridiculous. It's silly. Everyone's the same.

"The comment that I made originally was ... stupidly trying to over-emphasise the problem that we've got at the moment and we need to do something about it quick and the AFL need to get involved in it. Not bloody bulls**t around and talk and blame Paul Roos and blame James Hird.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/archive ... 8e45231edf

Think about it, why would Rendell openly admit to the AFL's indigenous official that he wouldnt recruit indigenous players? :(/

Furthermore, the recruiting patterns show there is, nor was there ever, such a policy