AFL International Rules out rates RL World Cup Finals

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: AFL International Rules out rates RL World Cup Finals

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:56 pm
RL Ratings = more.That's a straight forward fact. Anyone that argues with facts is a fool.

Length of your telecast, Length of our telecast, overlapping/isolation, 3 FTA /4 FTA doesn't change facts.

Rugby League attracted more rating/viewers - Game, Set, Match.

The End. Amen. ....Enjoy that Silver :cheers:
I'll argue.......RL cumulative ratings = more, but how is it relevant?

When the AFL beat the NRL in all but a few head to head games I'd say it's of little relevance at all. If the NRL won head to head battles plus the cumulative ratings you'd be entitled to gloat. But losing almost all of them essentially means the difference in scheduling is the only reason you came out ahead in cumulative total.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear . Round the fishbowl again .

Most viewed sport in Aust .RL.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

So what would account for the AFL winning most ratings when head to head I wonder?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:00 am
So what would account for the AFL winning most ratings when head to head I wonder?
Fred you trot this line out all the time. When someone answer you must put your fingers in your ears do you.

There was about 1/3 or more AFL/ NRL rival viewers watching at each of the Grand Finals. So don't you think will be a factor when an AFL game has 40 -45m of these matches shown in isolation.

Rugby League played Less matches and had more ratings. And just for you we didn't include the home rating from the NRL 16th team :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

You think that a lot of Rl fans tune into the afl when Rl finishes? Well that’s a possibility I guess. The question is are they going to get up and change their rating box settings ? Maybe maybe not. Would that account for the difference anyway you think?

I think things like grand finals are marquee events so will get non followers of the code watching regardless. I don’t think this translates to home and away
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Gee you fumblers are pathetic bad losers. If you dullards ever win the yearly ratings I will just say congratulations and let's see how we go next year. But no - you fumblers concoct and confect BS excuse after BS excuse. You whine like stuck pigs - It's the scheduling! it's concurrent games! Now the most idiotic of all - our game goes longer so the ratings posted are actually worth more - total and utter BS from lamentable fumblers.

The head to head comparison is more BS. You can't cherry pick one night and ignore the rest. On a overall game to game ratings comparison RL smashes the fumbling mess year on year. So you won more Friday nights - congratulations. RL won many many more individual game ratings which lead to a massive yearly win.

For the record: if you check the daily ratings for the nightly news in Melbourne and Sydney you will find more people watch TV in Bleak city than in Sydney on a daily basis - despite having a smaller population. In fact last night there were 155k less people watching the 4 channels news programs in Sydney than in Melbourne. In fact of the top 20 programs last night Melbourne outrated Sydney in 17. All the top rating programs show a similar trend and it happens night after night.

So if you accept that the ratings data is correct there is a simple answer as to why the AFL rates higher on more Fridays than RL - more people watch TV in Melbourne than in Sydney. Not just AFL - at least 80% of all programs rate higher in Bleaksville.

This actually makes RL's individual game ratings even more impressive. Our average smashes the fumbleball average and is why we easily win the ratings battle year on year. Fact.

I don't expect you fumblers here to accept this explanation as your raging AFL bias won't allow your tiny minds to process this information. In any case have a great day and enjoy the bubble.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2017/11/wednes ... -2017.html
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Very good point TEZ>>

It has been like this for years>> Melbourne people watch more television..

be it drama's, reality, news, events. high Percentage of the time they outrank Sydney..
even with 1 million people less.

Would like a Melbournian tell us why...??
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:55 pm
Very good point TEZ>>

be it drama's, reality, news, events. high Percentage of the time they outrank Sydney..

I'd say it's because they live in Bleak City. I mean they desperately need something to take their feeble minds off their miserable existence so they park themselves in front of the telly like mindless drones.

It's the same reason they get big crowd numbers to basically everything - fumbleball, horse racing, tennis, golf, V8's, long distance spitting - they need something to fill the void of their sad existence in Bleaksville.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:21 am
Fred you trot this line out all the time. When someone answer you must put your fingers in your ears do you.

There was about 1/3 or more AFL/ NRL rival viewers watching at each of the Grand Finals. So don't you think will be a factor when an AFL game has 40 -45m of these matches shown in isolation.

Rugby League played Less matches and had more ratings. And just for you we didn't include the home rating from the NRL 16th team :rock:
FFS! Give this BS excuse away already! :(/ :(/

The last 40 minutes of the AFL is mostly after 10pm which would rate lower anyway. Add to that only a small portion of NSW and QLD would turn over to the AFL. Even if it was an outrageous number like 100k (which is laughable), they would be averaged over the 3 hour telecast to only 20k (40 minutes divided by 180) so the increase would be miniscule. In fact it would be more than accounted for by the increased average the NRL would get by having a shorter telecast.

You have no plausible reason why the AFL beat the NRL 35-4 in head to head games. The reason is obvious, the AFL is simply more popular on TV
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 am
Gee you fumblers are pathetic bad losers. If you dullards ever win the yearly ratings I will just say congratulations and let's see how we go next year. But no - you fumblers concoct and confect BS excuse after BS excuse. You whine like stuck pigs - It's the scheduling! it's concurrent games! Now the most idiotic of all - our game goes longer so the ratings posted are actually worth more - total and utter BS from lamentable fumblers.

The head to head comparison is more BS. You can't cherry pick one night and ignore the rest. On a overall game to game ratings comparison RL smashes the fumbling mess year on year. So you won more Friday nights - congratulations. RL won many many more individual game ratings which lead to a massive yearly win.

For the record: if you check the daily ratings for the nightly news in Melbourne and Sydney you will find more people watch TV in Bleak city than in Sydney on a daily basis - despite having a smaller population. In fact last night there were 155k less people watching the 4 channels news programs in Sydney than in Melbourne. In fact of the top 20 programs last night Melbourne outrated Sydney in 17. All the top rating programs show a similar trend and it happens night after night.

So if you accept that the ratings data is correct there is a simple answer as to why the AFL rates higher on more Fridays than RL - more people watch TV in Melbourne than in Sydney. Not just AFL - at least 80% of all programs rate higher in Bleaksville.

This actually makes RL's individual game ratings even more impressive. Our average smashes the fumbleball average and is why we easily win the ratings battle year on year. Fact.

I don't expect you fumblers here to accept this explanation as your raging AFL bias won't allow your tiny minds to process this information. In any case have a great day and enjoy the bubble.

It wasnt one night, it was every head to head game, including Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, finals and GF.

That makes up almost 40 matches or 25% of the season.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:18 pm
Very good point TEZ>>

I'd say it's because they live in Bleak City. I mean they desperately need something to take their feeble minds off their miserable existence so they park themselves in front of the telly like mindless drones.

It's the same reason they get big crowd numbers to basically everything - fumbleball, horse racing, tennis, golf, V8's, long distance spitting - they need something to fill the void of their sad existence in Bleaksville.
Or alternatively we just like sport more than people in Sydney and Brisbane................ :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 am

It wasnt one night, it was every head to head game, including Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, finals and GF.

That makes up almost 40 matches or 25% of the season.
That's not right pal. You won more but not all Thurs, Fri, Sun etc. And even if those games were 20% of the season it is clear RL rated far better in the other 80% which gave us another glorious victory. Your head to head theory is just a pathetic excuse given by very poor losers.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:32 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:18 pm
Very good point TEZ>>

Or alternatively we just like sport more than people in Sydney and Brisbane................ :cheers:
In relation to TV ratings it is clear ppl in Bleaksville and the desert state capitals simply watch more TV than those in the educated capitals of Sydney and Brisbane. That includes sport, news, reality, drama etc etc.

That means Sydney and Brisbane ratings rarely beat ratings in AFL states for any type of program. That is what makes RL ratings on FTA and Fox even more impressive. We still flog fumbleball yearly with a smaller pool of possible viewers. Hence making your head to head rubbish dead, buried and cremated.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:29 pm
pussycat wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:21 am

FFS! Give this BS excuse away already! :(/ :(/

The last 40 minutes of the AFL is mostly after 10pm which would rate lower anyway. Add to that only a small portion of NSW and QLD would turn over to the AFL. Even if it was an outrageous number like 100k (which is laughable), they would be averaged over the 3 hour telecast to only 20k (40 minutes divided by 180) so the increase would be miniscule. In fact it would be more than accounted for by the increased average the NRL would get by having a shorter telecast.

You have no plausible reason why the AFL beat the NRL 35-4 in head to head games. The reason is obvious, the AFL is simply more popular on TV
There was around 250 games LOL, we won more, attracted more viewers and got higher ratings.....What part of that do you have trouble understanding?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:44 pm
That's not right pal. You won more but not all Thurs, Fri, Sun etc. And even if those games were 20% of the season it is clear RL rated far better in the other 80% which gave us another glorious victory. Your head to head theory is just a pathetic excuse given by very poor losers.
I have never said we won all of them, I said we won 35 out of 39, which is an absolute thrashing. You think that's some coincidence? IF the NRL was more popular it would at least break even, not be decimated.

And the reason we compare these 20% of games is they are comparable! ie same time, same conditions, etc etc. The other games are not comparable ie on STV for you, concurrently shown for us etc etc. They dont compare so they dont indicate a comparison of popularity for either code.